British Speedway Forum

I heard Glasgow gave him money for engines which he blew( money not engine)..... then had to ride lawnmowers due to lack of funds.... allegedly

Don`t think that Glasgow are the only promotion to be taking in by Barker.

• Like 2

Tobias Busch replaces Coty Garcia. Happy to see Busch back and in a few weeks should be scoring more, but just to say Garcia performed admirably for the Bears during his spell especially when at number 2. I thought he might have done enough to stay but fair enough the Bears staying loyal.

Tobias Busch replaces Coty Garcia. Happy to see Busch back and in a few weeks should be scoring more, but just to say Garcia performed admirably for the Bears during his spell especially when at number 2. I thought he might have done enough to stay but fair enough the Bears staying loyal.

Agreed. Once Busch is back and race fit should be the best reserve in the league from the form he shown at the STMP last year. Garcia has done well - I have no doubt he will find another club and would be happy to see him as a Bear again next year.

• Like 1

Unfortunate timing for Coty Garcia because after 31st this month teams can't be changed. Shame for a great wee guy who did nothing wrong at Berwick, Glasgow or Redcar.

It is indeed - but Redcar always maintained that they would stay loyal to Busch once he was fit again and, as I understand it, Coty was made aware of this and always kept up to date with any developments.

Hopefully he'll get sorted with another club and it's great to see a club / promotion staying loyal to a rider and keeping their word

It is indeed - but Redcar always maintained that they would stay loyal to Busch once he was fit again and, as I understand it, Coty was made aware of this and always kept up to date with any developments.

Hopefully he'll get sorted with another club and it's great to see a club / promotion staying loyal to a rider and keeping their word

I think it is good that the Club has shown some loyalty to Busch.

Loyalty is a rare commodity these days.

Actually, once again, I am impressed with the Promotion at Redcar.

I didn't know Ben had a gambling problem... That's a shame

• Like 1

I didn't know Ben had a gambling problem... That's a shame

been gambling with promotions for years now...

Not many left I guess now... complete joker

complete joker

Who has been handled differently by the Redcar Promotion/Management team to any others previously.

I'd say it's paying off at the moment!

• Like 4

Who has been handled differently by the Redcar Promotion/Management team to any others previously.

I'd say it's paying off at the moment!

Until it goes ** up . You may be able to keep him for next season if you are lucky, as can't see another club coming in for him with a 5 figure signing on fee.

Until it goes ** up . You may be able to keep him for next season if you are lucky, as can't see another club coming in for him with a 5 figure signing on fee.

He is well worth hanging on to at present. I hope this continues and he goes on to do well for the 'Bears' in the years to come.

With his problem, he needs careful handling. He seems to be getting that at Redcar.

Well done to Kevin Keay and his Promotion Team on that.

• Like 3

"Speak as you find" Since he's been at the Bears I can only say good things about Ben.

100% commitment in every race, first guy out of the pits if there an potentially injured rider out on the track, first guy willing to offer his bike to a rider if the needs arises.

He's a character who engages with the crowd, happy to mix with supporters and sponsors alike.

I appreciate he's a "Marmite" rider but I think he's been a breath of fresh air for Redcar speedway after a couple of depressing seasons for the team and supporters alike.

The promoters, management and sponsorship teams deserve some recognition too.

• Like 5

"Speak as you find" Since he's been at the Bears I can only say good things about Ben.

100% commitment in every race, first guy out of the pits if there an potentially injured rider out on the track, first guy willing to offer his bike to a rider if the needs arises.

He's a character who engages with the crowd, happy to mix with supporters and sponsors alike.

I appreciate he's a "Marmite" rider but I think he's been a breath of fresh air for Redcar speedway after a couple of depressing seasons for the team and supporters alike.

The promoters, management and sponsorship teams deserve some recognition too.

To be fair I liked Ben at Glasgow and was pretty vocal in wanting him to stay, but behind the scenes Ben let himself down badly at Glasgow he probably knows this himself.

But based purely on track I would have Ben in my team any day always guaranteed to entertain.

• Like 4