British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So Holder is Poland, Sweden and Australia then. He can't sign for Kings Lynn. I'm confused.

I thought that during the Polish speedway season Aussies could nominate Britain as their home nation if they rode in GB, and it is a total of 3.

Edited by A ORLOV

So Holder is Poland, Sweden and Australia then. He can't sign for Kings Lynn. I'm confused.

I like your thinking SCB, what matters if a rider's home is in Europe or not? Can't have one rule for one, one for another ....

I would say the Poles are stipulating you can only ride in 3 leagues during the Polish season.

Holder can nominate uk as his home league. He doesn't ride in an aussie domestic league.
  • Like 1

I didn't think Australia had a domestic league anyway!!

Very unlike SCB to get it totally screwed?!

Holder can nominate uk as his home league. He doesn't ride in an aussie domestic league.

Spot on.

Anyways, back to Leicester. Our future could be secured this week if all goes well, according to speedwayGB Twitter feed.

Cripes.

• Like 6

Spot on.

Anyways, back to Leicester. Our future could be secured this week if all goes well, according to speedwayGB Twitter feed.

Cripes.

The Lynn supporters meeting was this last weekend I believe and Buster said that a statement about Leicester would be made after this meeting.

The Lynn supporters meeting was this last weekend I believe and Buster said that a statement about Leicester would be made after this meeting.

Sorry, Its this Friday

So a bit of good news at last I hope it is a rosy one and one not tied down with so many stipulations about what can or can not be done. I very much doubt that Buster would let anyone pull the wool over his eyes.

Things may just be looking up for the Lions at long last after sufferin g in the doldrums for quite a few years now. The club was the laughing stock of a lot of other teams fans, The whole thing just ended up as a big joke, you just knew that the bottom spot was sitting waiting for the Lions. They may just get a half decent team to be proud of next season. We can live in hope, because when all is said and done this is the weakest ex Elite League that has ever been fielded. With the Premier and Championship league having very little to seperate them. Saying that though I think it will give some interesting racing.

What I do hope is that before the season starts that they can get around to changing the track, if it was me I would get a bulldozer and start again from scratch.

Have heard that Leicester will sign Holder/Sedgeman maybe gossip we shall see.?

Solid source or speculation? Very exciting if true, but thought all signs were pointing to Holder at Kings Lynn. Still think there are plenty of exciting riders available and we can still build a competitive team. Will be surprised if we dont have Lawson and Auty as our two brits, looking at those left available

Wonder if any announcement this week will be more than 'Leicester are definitely running this year' or if they will give us details on choice of race night and personnel.. There was suggestion previously on this thread of Ollie Allen taking over as team manager.

Fingers crossed we get the news as soon as sounds likely and there are no more set backs. Think we deserve a competitive team to cheer on next year! Up the Lions

Surely Leicester fans don't yet know for certain what the race night will be under the new promotion?! That could have a bearing on what riders make themselves available.

Surely Leicester fans don't yet know for certain what the race night will be under the new promotion?! That could have a bearing on what riders make themselves available.

Let's hope there is flexibility with the fixture lists, by this I mean early season Saturdays until the rest of Europe and gp kicks in with a mid week night. This for me shall be a key driver to entice a quality team.

The High Priest of Beaumont Park Temple is urging all the faithful followers to attend prayers this Friday during which kneeling and bowing in the direction of the mystical east will be mandatory.

Bring your own mat and copy of Speedway Star,incense,myrrh, and hipflask

• Like 2

The High Priest of Beaumont Park Temple is urging all the faithful followers to attend prayers this Friday during which kneeling and bowing in the direction of the mystical east will be mandatory.

Bring your own mat and copy of Speedway Star,incense,myrrh, and hipflask

Donation of 18 pounds per congregation member also appreciated to help towards cost of the graveyard restoration project

• Like 1

What's left in terms of rider's for Leicester?

Possibly your 3 most committed riders have gone elsewhere in Hougaard, Starke & Klindt plus Wozniak not interested in the uk.

1. Aaron Summers 8.57

2. Kenneth Hansen 6.74

3. Richie Worrall 8.49

4. Rory Schlein 7.17

5. Lewis Bridger 8.52

6. Simon Lambert 5.26

7. Adam Roynon 5.12