British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

By the sound of it the track is still the responsibility of Helmsley so terrible news. Means things won't change and it will remain the worst track in the country.

A shame.

if the track prep man is Buster even without track changes the racing will be better from what I've seen when I've gone to Leicester the most used bit of kit by the track man is the tyre packer . I would guess that would be scrapped straight away by Buster .

So why did you post that Leicester don't have the money? You really are a stupid man.

It's known as disengaged brain syndrome.

By the sound of it the track is still the responsibility of Helmsley so terrible news. Means things won't change and it will remain the worst track in the country.

A shame.

According to the radio interview, Chapman said everything regarding speedway has been taken over. Parking facilities, track, fencing etc. David Hemsley is left with the responsibility of developing extra leisure facilities over the whole site, something I believe that was part of the original blueprints . So maybe after all they'll be improvements to the track shape. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

According to the radio interview, Chapman said everything regarding speedway has been taken over. Parking facilities, track, fencing etc. David Hemsley is left with the responsibility of developing extra leisure facilities over the whole site, something I believe that was part of the original blueprints . So maybe after all they'll be improvements to the track shape. Fingers crossed.

Yes that's right I think. Hope so anyway. I'm not sure there will be scope for track changes that would involve changing the stadium's footprint,but you never know, will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Can see Leicester signing a couple of Lakeside riders of this year (Lawson & Nilsson).

Hope Auty gets a place he should do. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Great news for all Leicester fans hope you have, a good season, well except when you ride KL

May be of interest.

Keith Chapman (and Poppy) were on Radio Leicester today, explaining the situation at Leicester Speedway.
2h 43m into show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04hpqkc

12234965_1062296030477438_86248527629453
Remove
12065696_10204465452868203_7777625208531
Remove
Peter JohnsonWhen asked "who is the the new owner, is it you" Chapman replied "Well at the minute it's a Ltd company that's been set up , with a 15 year lease on the Speedway side"
On 15 Dec 2016 Kings Lynn Speedway Ltd was renamed Leicester Speedway (2017) Ltd. Directors are Keith and Cheryl Chapman. See Companies house website.

I think that Leicester will find it hard to assemble a team when it comes to it. they will find it had to get Heat leaders as most have been snapped up. they could get some decent second strings and reserves. But Perhaps they have some in mind. This will be up to the team manager . have they appointed anyone yet? Lets hope that they can put out a good team because the fans will want a winning team at least at home.

Utter drivel. I could put a team together for Leicester that would finish higher than Wolves & Coventry from riders currently not employed by a Premiership team.

Utter drivel. I could put a team together for Leicester that would finish higher than Wolves & Coventry from riders currently not employed by a Premiership team.

Can you give an example of this team you would put together that could finish higher, using riders still available that fit in the point limit & want to ride in the uk?

Utter drivel. I could put a team together for Leicester that would finish higher than Wolves & Coventry from riders currently not employed by a Premiership team.[/quote Well you could start with Manzares as you rate him so highly]

Well, you've had nine and a half hours. Crack on, then!
  • Like 2

:rofl:

Come on then, let's see it so we can judge yours supposed better line up.

• Like 1

Yes that's right I think. Hope so anyway. I'm not sure there will be scope for track changes that would involve changing the stadium's footprint,but you never know, will just have to wait and see.

Plenty of room to move the exterior fence out and move the temp stands back , just build over the disabled carpark . because 99% of the spaces in there are filled with hangers on and Chelsea tractor drivers who are not at all disabled ,

Plenty of room to move the exterior fence out and move the temp stands back , just build over the disabled carpark . because 99% of the spaces in there are filled with hangers on and Chelsea tractor drivers who are not at all disabled ,

There will be no alterations that effect the perimeter of the stadium for which the lease applies. The land outside of the current speedway stadium is designated for other sporting purposes.

So don't expect moving of fences and temporary stands, but do expect changes to bends 1&2 to reduce the length of the straights meaning less entry speed and more room in and out of the turns ...less speed, more room, more lines = more opportunity to pass...if the riders are good enough, if they are not good enough?, well that would explain why they aren't in the lead in the first place :t: