British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BWitcher

Congratulations Tai Woffinden, 2016 World Speedway Champion

Just as a fun aside, I think the rule being discussed is actually in the rulebook thanks to PePe Protasiewicz.

He qualified as first reserve in 2010 and after doing a couple of rounds in the middle of the season decided that he couldn't be bothered with other meetings, leaving Davey Watt to race those..until the series made its way to Bydgoszcz for the final round which PePe decided he fancied racing in.

There was a bit of an outcry that he could pick and choose rounds like this and the debated rule was added for the following season.

• Like 1

I wonder if tai would accept the title if offered to him, now that would be interesting in the monster camp. I'm sure Nicki said once that the GP was like competing against a team instead of individuals. I might have imagined that

Another deciding to invent things.

There is no 'stretching'.

There is no need for you to invent anything either, the rule has been quoted and is quite clear.

So good to see that this year's Vinho Verde grape has produced a much stronger brew!!! :wink::wink:

2 more days and I'll be experiencing it myself!!

I haven't checked the scores but I'm sure someone will have, I just wonder if the cheats actions affected the top 8 and I'm sure you could make a case that it did, if no action is taken it leaves it open to happen again, ban the cheat for first 2 GPs next season that should stop any more cheats

So good to see that this year's Vinho Verde grape has produced a much stronger brew!!! :wink::wink:

2 more days and I'll be experiencing it myself!!

The only folk who are on the brew are those who cannot read.

Nicki Pedersen clearly can.

We get hundreds of pages of folks whinging when rules aren't broken... then when you get a rule, as in this case, not enforced, people just wish to invent their own scenarios.

Greg Hancock should not be World Champion, as per the rules of the sport.

If the sport isn't going to follow it's own rules, what is the point?

Indeed he has..

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Can anyone translate please

Basically Nicki says he doesn't want Greg stripped of the title, but rules are rules and should be followed.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that the entire field pulled out of a meeting last year. So there should be no World Champion for 2015.

Let's not forget that the entire field pulled out of a meeting last year. So there should be no World Champion for 2015.

Technically not as the meeting was postponed was it not?

Had they gone through the charade of putting the 2 mins on for Heat 13,14,15 and 16 each of the riders would have ruled themselves out.

Technically not as the meeting was postponed was it not?

Had they gone through the charade of putting the 2 mins on for Heat 13,14,15 and 16 each of the riders would have ruled themselves out.

Nah. Congratulations Peter Kildemand. 2015 World Speedway champion. (The top scorer who wasn't in the first round)

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Nah. Congratulations Peter Kildemand. 2015 World Speedway champion. (The top scorer who wasn't in the first round)

But do we know for sure all 16 refused to race.. Didn't Harris want to carry on? Silver medal??