British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Rider on 8 Elite = 11.2 which is now applied over both leagues. 11.2 is a big chunk from 40 Championship points for a team. Riders like Cook, Nicholls and Bomber should get some good offers. Pleased we are looking after our own for a change.

there needs more explanation on riders who DID ride in two leagues but have differing success rates.

assume no UK percentage reduction now.I feel sorry for Ipswich fans who bar Peterborough have some long road trips. Northern League is that in all but name :lol: .

never thought of that before you mentioned it tbh, but you are right about us Witches being out on a limb now.

Being cynical re the averages my first thought was that Poole will be happy as they will get Newman on his low pl average and not his higher el average plus can have ellis too!!! As I said I'm cynical!!!

Must admit the likes of king, stead, cook & masters averages are going to take a large chunk of the 40pts!!

OK so Chris holder now has an average greater than 12, lets wait and see the amendments come in quick and fast!

and doyle has what average

Spotted an issue already

SpeedwayGB have said averages will be real as of the 1st set of greensheets.

If the premiership team building is 50 it's almost impossible for any team to maintain that figure.

Effectively, the teams with the biggest wallets can replace reserves for heatleaders after the 1st set of averages.

The gap from top to bottom of the Premiership could be bigger than ever

Simple to stop. Riders being replaced must be based of their starting average not their greensheet one.

and doyle has what average

my mistake as mentioned earlier is just adding 1.4 not times it

Is there any wage capping introduced in the AGM ? Or are we still going to be paying out more than what's coming in ?

• Like 2

It increased by 1.4, not x 1.4. For example Doyley will now be 10.98 from 9.58. If it was x's he'd be 13.41, the averages are only calculated on 4 rides......i.e max of 12.

That doesn't make any sense. Nick Morris would be 7.81 and Brady Kurtz 9.22 - despite currently have almost identical EL averages.

• Like 1

no name

good point. It does say increase rather than converted by. This is one of the problems of the race format in the EL this year where heat leaders rode against heat leaders 3 times & EDR's against each other 3 times. The only riders with true averages are the 2nd strings, provided they rode there all season, as they rode against riders similar to the PL format.

Well I really sincerely hope the revamps announced at the AGM help to see a change in the fortunes of speedway in the UK. I probably won't be popular saying this but I really don't envy being a promoter and I do have a lot of sympathy with most of them. It must be very difficult getting a successful format to make sure that financially you can get through the season. You only have to look at all the differing views on the forum to see that it is nigh on impossible to please everyone. As supporters, if we want to ensure the sports recovers and thrives we have got to get behind our respective teams and support them rather than constantly moaning. We also need try to bring in new supporters. I know many will say this is the role of promoters which is correct but they need our help and we can make a huge difference in getting more people in through the turnstiles.

Here's to the 2017 season!

Well said mate.

• Like 1

Deck chairs & Titanic spring to mind

It's stupid comments like this that makes others dismay. Have you been saving that one up to be the first. :nono::nono:

• Like 3

i think i read they will have it increased by 1.4 not multiplied by 1.4... so an 8 should be 9.4 is that right ?

its been explained on twitter and multiplied by 1.4. Agree the press release is badly worded.

• Like 1

Is there any wage capping introduced in the AGM ? Or are we still going to be paying out more than what's coming in ?

That depends on the respective promotions to deal with. If you cannot afford it you dont buy it..

I don't know personal finances. But if the engines from different makers cost about the same yet maintenance is a fraction of the cost. You do the maths and I'm sure riders are doing some sums too. Easy to buy a Gerhard when your current engine expires.

tell me how a 3pt premier rider can afford 2 new gerhard engines at the start of seaon ??? will he actually earn 10k all season

• Like 1

It was not my intention to be just negative.

I just cannot see anything actually radical.

I see a fair bit of tinkering with the inner workings of the sport. Averages and altering points limits again!

But every time we make changes to those areas it just give rise to more acrimony when certain promoters are able to make use of new and juicy loopholes that had not been thought of at the AGM by the less astute.

And I see very little change to the actual product.

I had been waiting for something to come out at the AGM about the various 'test meetings' from earlier in the year.

Some truly 'radical' ideas were being mentioned about the product on the night.

Have they been binned?

Edited by Grand Central