British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Lakeside have really benefitted from Morley having 2 dodgy meetings to allow this move to happen and drop below the points limit. But even then, Hurry seems to be on a low average!

Lakeside have really benefitted from Morley having 2 dodgy meetings to allow this move to happen and drop below the points limit. But even then, Hurry seems to be on a low average!

Shows the stupidity of making all riders average change after only 4 meetings, wide open to potential abuse.

They should have stuck with rolling averages except for 3.00 pointers which would still have overcome the problem of the 'star reserve' having it too easy too long and getting 7 rides.

Have to ask and I have no complaints but what is Paul Hurry's average?

I have difficulty seeing that is below Dave's.

If Max Clegg's come in on his 2016 10+ average what should Paul's come in on? A multiple of his last Elite League average (3.91) If you just double it to get a PL average then do the same again to get a 2017 NL average I would have thought that he would be closer to 15 than 6.5, even after allowing for not riding for in a league for at least 5 years and gaining a legit % reduction.

Just curious how it was calculated and why he is in but riders like Richard Hall & Harland Cook to name but a few are not?

Any one know or can say?

At least you all now know why Lakeside performed so badly at Belle Vue and why Ben Morley just rode round looking disinterested. He had a target score he had to get below.

Rules applied to suit it seems.

Why have riders like Richard Hall been refused to ride in NL when a much better rider like Hurry is??

Couldn't care less who signed him, just seems the rules are yet again open to manipulation.

When will the governing body ever learn??

#disbelief

Rules applied to suit it seems.

Why have riders like Richard Hall been refused to ride in NL when a much better rider like Hurry is??

Richard Hall wasn't refused, he was just told he had to come in on a realistic average which didn't fit to replace the missing injured rider.

Why Hurry is allowed in on an unrealistic average (and for team strengthening purposes, not replacing an injured rider) is anyone's guess.

#Bent

Good Luck to Paul i for one am glad to have him in the league he will help the young riders no end .

I think the league benefits from riders like Paul Hurry, it gives the league a more competitive look and he will give then younger riders in the team e.g Hunter and Bowell very valuable knowledge.

• Like 1

At least you all now know why Lakeside performed so badly at Belle Vue and why Ben Morley just rode round looking disinterested. He had a target score he had to get be

Edited by mark007

Good Luck to Paul i for one am glad to have him in the league he will help the young riders no end .

I have no issue with that.

I do have an issue with averages.

• Like 1

In light of the higher averages imposed on Hall and Cook, in Cooks case after he had be in the named side for some time. I can only assume Pauls average will be increased from what ever figure he is on atm. And if it's not I don't think it will just be 1 or 2 clubs complaining it ll be the whole lot.

No problem with Paul riding, it will be great for the youngsters. And I look forward to seeing him again. But he has to come in on a realistic average which must be close to the full max 12.00

Did I read his last average was 3.61??? or similar in the elite. So by current rules his average should be something like 3.61 x 1.4

Then double that. Which would be at least 10 pts

Does not bother me at all. Average to high or not..Let him ride on the average stated & lets see if he can keep it up or if the pace will be to much for the old fella :lol:

(Looking forward to being at stoke on Saturday).

I may have missed it somewhere if his actual average is out there, but if my maths are correct the most he will be is 7.5. This can't be right with a rider of his stature, have always been a fan of his so not knocking him, but it does smack of the type of thing Matt Ford would engineer for Poole in the premiership, not really wanted in the nl. Could get my head around it if he was replacing Morley or Zack with a similar assessed average, but David Mason!

Edited by gazzac

The issue of him replacing Mason isn't really a problem when you consider their ages. However, why he wants to come back after the serious injuries he has sustained previously is incredible.

• Like 1