British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedball

King's Lynn Young Stars 2017

Team building up and running with the signing of Taylor Hampshire. Really pleased with that. Clearly has great potential and put on a terrific performance at the NSS to finish the season.

Hope to see Josh and Ryan back to continue their development. Both have come on leaps and bounds since they first started in the NL.

Could see a couple of new faces in the team with Tom & Scott (possibly) retiring, and Shane recovering from a broken leg. Any news on his progress?

Would have Nathan Greaves back in a heartbeat as well but sure he will be in demand across the league. Certainly did a lot of guesting for or against Belle Vue.

Think Lewis Whitmore found it tough going at times. Probably a little bit to early for him in hindsight but should have learnt loads to carry into 2017.

If we are without Tom, Scott & Nathan we'll need some firepower from somewhere. Guessing the team building average will be quite low considering the league will now need to accommodate Lakeside and Plymouth.

Personally would love to see Connor Mountain back at Lynn and Jordan Jenkins is surely the hottest property in the league at the moment. I'm sure Mildenhall would have plenty to say about that (especially after Taylor) :lol:

1. Josh Bailey?

2. ?

3. Ryan Kinsley?

4. ?

5. Nathan Greaves/Connor Mountain?

6. Taylor Hampshire (confirmed)

7. Lewis Whitmore?

Any thoughts YS fans?

• Like 1

Shane managed to get back to work on light duties last week. Still limping about but getting fitter day by day.

• Like 2

Shane managed to get back to work on light duties last week. Still limping about but getting fitter day by day.

That great news i hope he can come back to Lynn maybe if i will see if i can get my sponsor rider Shelby to talk him in to it ;) .

Would like to see somthing like this

1. Josh Bailey

2. Shelby Rutherford

3. Ryan Kinsley

4. Shane Hazelden

5. Nathan Greaves

6. Taylor Hampshire (confirmed)

7. Lewis Whitmore

be good if Lynn could get Nathan Greaves as a asset

Great news about Hampshire, and if it annoys Mildenhall then even better ;)

Whitmore, Bailey and Kinsley must be shoe ins. Would like to see one experienced head to guide the young uns and I suppose Campos would be ideal as he has ridden Lynn for several years now and then a couple of young fresh faces to complete the side. Should be loads of improvement in there, could be the year that Josh becomes one of the league's top men.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Bailey, Hampshire and Kinsley should be the spine of the side with Campos in there as an experienced because leader he seemed to embrace that role last season. Whitmore didnt look ready for NL racing this season to me, so let him concentrate on MDL.

Edited by Islander15

Great signing for Lynn in Hampshire. He came on leaps and bounds at the end of the season and I fully expect him to put at least two points on that 3.00 average. Mildenhall weren't in the wrong by not giving him a chance earlier, Bebee and Jenkins were miles ahead of Hampshire in terms of progress when they got their chances. Shame though, would've been good to see those three improve over the season but good luck to Taylor at Lynn anyway. Also, no chance you'll get Connor Mountain. He'll be straight in the Mildenhall side when they know he'll be fit. Halsey is likely to be available?

Edited by Mildenhall1965

Great news about Hampshire, and if it annoys Mildenhall then even better ;)

Whitmore, Bailey and Kinsley must be shoe ins. Would like to see one experienced head to guide the young uns and I suppose Campos would be ideal as he has ridden Lynn for several years now and then a couple of young fresh faces to complete the side. Should be loads of improvement in there, could be the year that Josh becomes one of the league's top men.

Would have been nice to get Taylor but his mini biking that he does is mainly done at weekends so there may have been clashes perhaps ?

Has a really big future,the wide open spaces of Lynn will suit him down to the ground.Good luck to him

For me the best news is that the signing confirms that Kings Lynn are definitely running in the NL this season. Fingers crossed the crowds improve as the entertainment is generally excellent.

• Like 2

Bailey, Hampshire and Kinsley should be the spine of the side with Campos in there as an experienced because leader he seemed to embrace that role last season. Whitmore didnt look ready for NL racing this season to me, so let him concentrate on MDL.

Disagree about Lewis Whitmore, he had some good meetings at home, away tracks may be a learning curve for him but would have him as a nailed on reserve in the team next season.

Disagree about Lewis Whitmore, he had some good meetings at home, away tracks may be a learning curve for him but would have him as a nailed on reserve in the team next season.

Im in the camp that he needs a little more time to get to the required level & my view is that riders should be developing in the NL not learning. That said the MDL is not what it was and is poorly subscribed by NL teams so little opportunities for riders to get to grips with tracks before taking league rides there.

• Like 1

1. Connor Mountain 8.73 (Was born in KL and hopefully he'll join Newcastle ;) A sunday track, much like Mildenhall so he'll need a new home)

2. Taylor Hampshire 3.00 (The 3 3.00 riders might rotate and all each get a go in this position to give them a little more experience)

3. Josh Bailey 8.48

4. Ryan Kinsley 5.39/Shane Hazelden 5.42 (Dunno who's more popular)

5. Nathan Greaves 8.36

6. Lewis Austin 3.00

7. Lewis Whitmore 3.00

Total: 39.96/39.99

Any other 3.00 riders? How about that Henry Atkins dude?

Edited by Dandelion

Weren't mildenhall talking about going Saturday's or is that just me?

Weren't mildenhall talking about going Saturday's or is that just me?

It's just you.

I think Mountain is nailed on for a spot with Ipswich if I'm honest and hopefully back with us

Edited by adz_mft

It's just you.

I think Mountain is nailed on for a spot with Ipswich if I'm honest and hopefully back with us

I see him at Ipswich over most other PL teams too tbh, although maybe Hume or Coles will be there instead?

I see him at Ipswich over most other PL teams too tbh, although maybe Hume or Coles will be there instead?

From the interview Louis gave the other day I think Hume and Mountain will be who they go with.

• Like 1