British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

Good news for me as I have BT sport and not Sky so I can watch League Speedway. As for the sport itself I'm not sure because Sky has a higher profile, but good to see it will be on.

• Like 1

Only 18 meetings a season including play offs doesn't seem much. How does that compare to Sky?

I guess they'll be no Championship coverage

Will it still be Mondays I wonder? Or will they film on normal race nights?

BT have just signed for champions league football until 2021 and no highlights even on itv now.

Only 18 meetings a season including play offs doesn't seem much. How does that compare to Sky?

I guess they'll be no Championship coverage

Don't think it's that much different? April to August league season so that's 3-4 meetings a month then September for playoffs.

mr russell still has his finger in the pie all money should go to staging club

SOMEONE has to negotiate a deal and Terry is very good at that.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

BT have just signed for champions league football until 2021 and no highlights even on itv now.

Yeh, and i bet speedway is on the champions league channel so you have to pay. Now that would be a poor show..

Well, what has been announced today 7th March 2017, is exactly what was speculated about 28th February 2017, on this thread. Sky pull out and BT do 18 matches. I think it says something about the parties involved that we have to wait a week for the news. I notice that Sky, on their website still have a link to speedway on Sky. Who are they trying to fool?

The BSPA on their website have said we are in for a treat. How many speedway fans think at least 7 less matches (Sky originally stated they will do at least 25) is a treat? And how many speedway fans, who subscribe to Sky Sports, but not BT think that either losing their speedway on TV or incurring a greater cost is a treat.

• Like 2

Good news a deal has been signed somewhere - although I wonder what the deal now is in terms of clubs themselves using video highlights on websites/social media?

Well, what has been announced today 7th March 2017, is exactly what was speculated about 28th February 2017, on this thread. Sky pull out and BT do 18 matches. I think it says something about the parties involved that we have to wait a week for the news. I notice that Sky, on their website still have a link to speedway on Sky. Who are they trying to fool?

The BSPA on their website have said we are in for a treat. How many speedway fans think at least 7 less matches (Sky originally stated they will do at least 25) is a treat? And how many speedway fans, who subscribe to Sky Sports, but not BT think that either losing their speedway on TV or incurring a greater cost is a treat.

I think Speedway being the tuppenny/happenny sport that it is, should feel privileged that anyone wants to show it, no matter how many (or few) matches are seen.

• Like 3

Yeh, and i bet speedway is on the champions league channel so you have to pay. Now that would be a poor show..

Nothing new what sky have been doing all these years,I remember man city v Sunderland Or vice versa on a Monday which was Monday night football and nothing on live on sky 1,2,3 or 4 and they put it on as a pay per. View so that finished me.

for the sport or himself u cant tell me the bspa chairman couldnt do a deal for the whole sport not just go speed!

• Like 4

u can do a good job with 4 cameras one on home straight one each on bend 2 and 4 one for presenters no need for one in an hot air balloon looking down never have watched sppedway from the sky now it seems i wont in the future !

Shame he isn't so good at getting stadiums built.

• Like 4