British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Rye House V King's Lynn 15/04/17

Great win for rye but they are wasting theyre time with watt, hes finished tbh

Biggest crowd (by far) I have ever seen at Rye House. Racing was close but there wasn't much passing - big blue line on the third bend and all the grip on the outside of the 4th and if you got on both you weren't going to get caught.

Kennett was superb - quite possibly the best I have seen him ride because he didn't look like getting beaten. Perks, Rose, Porsing & Robson impressive, Branford unbelievably lucky when he fell in heat 7.

• Like 2

Hope he steps down as no way they will get rid

Don't be so sure. His decline has been sad and dramatic. Looks completely shot of confidence. Wasn't even on post meeting track walk. We saw a van leaving shortly after the interval.

Decent meeting with close racing, but not a lot of passing. Great max from the captain and Ellis Perks continues to impress. Porsing the stand out rider for the visitors.

Need to attend to the public address system on the home straight by the start line. Could hardly hear what was being announced.

A welcome if unspectacular win when it looked like the Stars had clawed their way back from a poor start.

Very dissapointed with Kings Lynn's performance tonight, apart from Porsing who was great, Huckenback probably deserved more than he got, Lambert, who I think is a great rider, and Holder were pony

Not really great racing either, and the fish and chips weren't up to their usual standard

After a quick calculation, Davey Watt averaging below 3 points. Surely this can't be allowed to continue?

Edited by Shads

Why wont they.

Just dont think this managment team has it in them.. looking st options could get Wells, MPT or Schlein as a replacement i hope its being looked at

• Like 1

Just dont think this managment team has it in them.. looking st options could get Wells, MPT or Schlein as a replacement i hope its being looked at

They tried to replace Karger last year, but he was injured before he'd had the required meetings.

Wells would be handy as he can gate, but my hunch is a return for NBJ. Schlein I think will end up elsewhere.

Edited by Shads

They tried to replace Karger last year, but he was injured before he'd had the required meetings.

Wells would be handy as he can gate, but my hunch is a return for NBJ. Schlein I think will end up elsewhere.

I remeber Wells being very good at Rye aswell snd has started the season in form.. not sure on NBJ to be honest id rather any of the three i named over him if it were possible

Watt has to be finished with us now. Simply not good enough, to be replaced by Perks (rightly so) in his last heat shows how bad he was. Ben Barker was in attendance tonight.

Kennett is very good at Rye, always has been so it's not a massive surprise to see him go through the card. Holder and Lambert should have troubled him more though. My only criticism would be that he left Robbo in heat one, but Robbo held on for the 5-1 so no harm done.

Speaking of Robbo it was good to see him back in the points tonight. For me though Ellis Perks' form has been the biggest positive of our step up. He can trap, he doesn't look wobbly and has been scoring well over what would be expected of a two point number seven.

Bomber seemed to look off the pace in the heats he didn't gate, I think a bit more dirt might be in order to give him more opportunities to pass.

All in all a positive after last week's disappointing result. Sort the Watt issue and we have a chance of the play-offs.

Does this mean that Rye House are good, Swindon are brilliant, Kings Lynn aren't all that, and Wolverhampton are worse?

Early season form can be hard to work out

• Like 3

Does this mean that Rye House are good, Swindon are brilliant, Kings Lynn aren't all that, and Wolverhampton are worse?

What do you think?

Lambo and Holder poor.Lynn win otherwise

It means Swindon pulled a fast one using RR for Ellis last week. Rumours that he's back in the side tomorrow, just 10 days after breaking a bone in his wrist.

• Like 1

Watt needs dropping ASAP while Rye House have the points to play with.

It's harsh but if you want to make the playoffs the managemant have to make the decision

He looks totally out of sorts and is in the kind of rut he's unlikely to get out of.

Probably the best I have seen Kennett, not only 5 wins but in heats 10 and 13 the tension was mounting as the match was still in the melting pot and he delivered. A big heads up for Perks who really deserved his paid 10 and not for the first time this season (it seemed he was the sacrificial lamb at the start of the season)an great bonus fro the club.

Also credit to Porsing and Rose who I thought did really well for KL, with Holder and Lambert winning one race BETWEEN them.

Although not much overtaking I felt it was a thoroughly absorbing evening from two evenly matched teams

Sad if Watt really left the stadium after heat 11, whilst the more he tried the worst it seams to get, how about supporting your teammates as the match was far from over

• Like 2

No one wants to see a rider struggle like this but it's gone on to long now.