British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

Swindon V Lynn

Ellis is most likely to go. But lots of problems with that,

Has to be a Brit to replace him and the next best ones are Doolan and Starke who fit with the average.

Now Ellis has not worked out this is where Doyle's average will hurt you.

I actually feel a bit for Ellis as yes he was signed on a 7+ average but he never gained that as a heat leader as Poole, it was more as a reserve and occasionally a 2nd string.

It was always a huge ask to expect him to score the same average as a heatleader which is why Poole had to let him go.

That said he should still be scoring more than 3.

Tungate is now available, could he be returning to the Robins?

I actually feel a bit for Ellis as yes he was signed on a 7+ average but he never gained that as a heat leader as Poole, it was more as a reserve and occasionally a 2nd string.

It was always a huge ask to expect him to score the same average as a heatleader which is why Poole had to let him go.

That said he should still be scoring more than 3.

Tungate is now available, could he be returning to the Robins?

But aren't Adam and Zack the 2 British NL converts?

Rohan couldn't replace either.

• Like 1

It was always going to be very tough for Adam getting anywhere near to his starting average so I do feel rather sorry for him. I hope things soon pick up for him.

I'm not convinced by all this talk of it being hard for Ellis to achieve his average. He was about the same level as Worrall(x2), Sedgmen, Kurtz, Garrity, Howarth and Wright and they're all doing well enough. He might have dropped a little (like most will) but he's clearly just having a terrible season - it happens sometimes.

I'm not convinced by all this talk of it being hard for Ellis to achieve his average. He was about the same level as Worrall(x2), Sedgmen, Kurtz, Garrity, Howarth and Wright and they're all doing well enough. He might have dropped a little (like most will) but he's clearly just having a terrible season - it happens sometimes.

Ellis is better than what he is scoring right now.There maybe a reason behind it but only he will know that.

With the two teams they signed that is pretty much the result I would have expected TBH, had hoped for more from Ellis, alas. At least Holder finally turned up for the Stars. I hope this away win kick starts their season.

BWD soldiered on after his heat 1 crash with a suspected broken hand.

Having seen a subsequent photo of it at twice the size of his other I am not surprised he struggled.

• Like 2

Good result for the Stars.But we still need some points from our no7.This can only be damaging for Bailey's progression in the sport.His confidence must be shattered and you would think stepping down would only help him progress.It's good being up against better riders but to be scoring nothing each meeting must be soul destroying.

Good result for the Stars.But we still need some points from our no7.This can only be damaging for Bailey's progression in the sport.His confidence must be shattered and you would think stepping down would only help him progress.It's good being up against better riders but to be scoring nothing each meeting must be soul destroying.

I feel for Josh Bailey big time. He's on a hiding to nothing and is completely out of his depth. Its all very well making these rules to bring on these youngsters and giving them a stupid points it has to be done en-bloc where all other teams are built along similar lines. Allowing teams to chop and change like they have, was always going to hamper riders like Baileys progress and they well be dropped like a hot brick. When the BSPA make these rules they should have more understanding of the riders situation.

Bailey has always been on a hiding to nothing... Only when these fabricated averages are eventually swapped over, will his nightmare cease...

• Like 1

A very poor performance from Swindon last night. It was pretty clear from early in the match how it was going to end.

Jason Doyle, however, was absolutely brilliant. I think that's the best I've seen him ride for Swindon. He was never going to get beaten. The only time anyone was near him all night was What's more, once the tactical ride is taken into ccount, he actually scored above his 13.41 average!

Even Jason spoe of changes to the team when interviewed after the meeting, so it looks like that may be happening. The issue is, who would we change?

If Adam is replaced it would have to be with a British rider. Also, it's likely he will drop to reserve now, which could turn his season around. Forget the starting averages now - if Adam is on a 3 average and at reserve he is worth keeping.

It has to be the middle order who are at risk, and, if he fits, Tungate is looking like an option. Dany Gappmaier rode well last night, and improved with each race, but he could well end up bearking the record for the shortest time ever as a Swindon rider! It would be a shame in a way as he definitely showed last night that he has something - but we need to be able to win at home.

• Like 1

track was absolutely devoid of any substance last night. Is it just me that thinks that speedway is raced on a dirt track...

yes we were out gated, that happens, but come on, rider's need help from the track to make a fight of it.

I'm not sticking up for Adam as he was as dreadful as ever in his first 3 rides but unlike other weeks he wasn't the only one.

What his dad says has no bearing to my views & doesn't worry me at all.

Emil simply wasn't good enough but that's only my opinion but I don't think Dany is going to be much better.

Oh & I wasn't that bad on the football field😀😀

You had it in for Grondal very early. He was no world beater and perhaps should have done a little more in heat 2 but tried and considering his lack of knowledge re British tracks, he did ok. As for Dany. A little underwhelmed and didn't see anything that made me think we have made an improvement.

Ellis, on the other hand, has been extremely poor. To constantly miss the gate and then remain tailed off is not good enough irrespective of where he rode and how he accumulated his points last season. Sure, he may get a spell at reserve but we missed out last season because our home form wasn't good enough and it's started the same this season. The good work of 2 away wins has been wasted already.

Re football: fitted in nicely at Bassett. Couldn't trap, couldn't head, couldn't tackle. 👍 😛

Edited by theblueboy

track was absolutely devoid of any substance last night. Is it just me that thinks that speedway is raced on a dirt track...

yes we were out gated, that happens, but come on, rider's need help from the track to make a fight of it.

Should imagine with the 'imminent :unsure:' new track coming the promotion ain't willing to spend to much money on the current track

Great result from the Stars, with a bit more from Porsing the team is where most of use expected at the start of the season.

If this form continues, it really doesn't matter who's at No7 as the No6 should always be strong enough to cope.

I thought the track seemed ok last night. Some of the racing was spread out, but it happens sometimes at Blunsdon. Jason came close to the track record in heat one so it must have ridden ok.

After the revelation that the averages aren't changing until every team has done their 4H 4A it would seem that Ellis is going to be out the door very soon. BWD came through the National League so him and Zak should qualify as your two 'Brits' who have come through the National League.

A very poor performance from Swindon last night. It was pretty clear from early in the match how it was going to end.

Jason Doyle, however, was absolutely brilliant. I think that's the best I've seen him ride for Swindon. He was never going to get beaten. The only time anyone was near him all night was What's more, once the tactical ride is taken into ccount, he actually scored above his 13.41 average!

Even Jason spoe of changes to the team when interviewed after the meeting, so it looks like that may be happening. The issue is, who would we change?

If Adam is replaced it would have to be with a British rider. Also, it's likely he will drop to reserve now, which could turn his season around. Forget the starting averages now - if Adam is on a 3 average and at reserve he is worth keeping.

It has to be the middle order who are at risk, and, if he fits, Tungate is looking like an option. Dany Gappmaier rode well last night, and improved with each race, but he could well end up bearking the record for the shortest time ever as a Swindon rider! It would be a shame in a way as he definitely showed last night that he has something - but we need to be able to win at home.

See the earlier part of my post - Tungate is still on a 9+ average until the averages change.