British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

I did say I wouldn't be returning to Bellvue but I am making an exception for this one.

Truly looking forward to it. All who are competing have earned their place and deserve to be racing.

While I am sorry to say R Lambert did not. If he is (sneaked in) it just makes a mockery of qualifying

Yes I am aware his vehicle broke down, but it did not stop him riding abroad the next day

It kind of makes one think " oh don't need to do qualifying I will get a place anyway ".

And to add, While I think Rory is one my favourites he should not have been allowed in the Qualifying round

British racers are NOT allowed in any Australian championships, the same should be applied here.

He did not ride abroad the next day, he was riding at Wolves for Kings Lynn :rofl:

As much as I would like to see him in the British Final, I don't think he should be allowed, As for Rory good on him and I hope he wins it......But my money is on cookie :t:

I'd love to see Robert added to the line up, he had vehicle problems, he certainly did not intend to miss the meeting.

He's a great racer and whether it's right or not, every fan wants to watch him, he would be a strong contender for the title.

I admire Rory without a doubt, but hell I don't want him to win this meeting .....

• Like 1

I'd love to see Robert added to the line up, he had vehicle problems, he certainly did not intend to miss the meeting.

He's a great racer and whether it's right or not, every fan wants to watch him, he would be a strong contender for the title.

Two things:

He should have been professional enough to ensure that he could arrive in time for the meeting, even if something untoward occurred. Over the years I've seen the top men arriving mid-afternoon for an evening meeting - young Mr Lambert should learn a lesson from this.

By every fan, who do you mean? Every speedway fan, or every Lambert fan? I think there's a difference there!

• Like 1

Two things:

He should have been professional enough to ensure that he could arrive in time for the meeting, even if something untoward occurred. Over the years I've seen the top men arriving mid-afternoon for an evening meeting - young Mr Lambert should learn a lesson from this.

By every fan, who do you mean? Every speedway fan, or every Lambert fan? I think there's a difference there!

I for one would love to see Lambert in the meeting, im sure every speedway fan does to.

However the fact remains he hasnt qualified, irrelevant of the circumstances. Therefore he shouldnt get seeded

• Like 3

Rory is on record as saying he has no intention of riding for GB in the World Cup, its his right and choice to decide that. Other British riders have made that decision in the past and no doubt will do so again. It is what it is, but not making himself available to ride in the WTC does smack of convenience to me i must admit..

If he has no plans to ride for teamgb, and absolutely no way should Rosco even consider him, then no way should he even be considered for the wild card if he wins the British Final. Hopefully Rosco would have told him this already so that Schlein won't get upset.

British places for British riders only.

• Like 4

I guess it depends if Rory has totally switched to GB. If so then I don't see why he shouldn't be in the meeting and be available for TeamGB.

If he is still considering himself an Aussie and riding internationally as an Australian then I don't think he should.

Rory is on record as saying he has no intention of riding for GB in the World Cup, its his right and choice to decide that. Other British riders have made that decision in the past and no doubt will do so again. It is what it is, but not making himself available to ride in the WTC does smack of convenience to me i must admit..

Is that because he is still available for Australia or because he just doesn't want to ride for anyone internationally? He may have just decided to settle in the UK and ride here domestically. I don't know.

I guess it depends if Rory has totally switched to GB. If so then I don't see why he shouldn't be in the meeting and be available for TeamGB.

If he is still considering himself an Aussie and riding internationally as an Australian then I don't think he should.

Is that because he is still available for Australia or because he just doesn't want to ride for anyone internationally? He may have just decided to settle in the UK and ride here domestically. I don't know.

He has stated on record that he is very likely to reside in Australia when he retires, so his British passport seems to be convenient for him at the moment. If he wins the British Final and takes the Cardiff wildcard, i would imagine this forum will go into meltdown, and rightly so imo...

I just don't get why he wants to ride in it, what's he going to get out of it except moans from Brits if he does do well or even wins it. Seems no point to me even if he got to Cardiff. It's not as if he's starting out in his career and riding could help his career move forward

the BSPA website says....
“I guess there's several factors to motivate the riders - the national title itself, World Cup places on the line and of course the wildcard slot at Cardiff.

Doesn't actually say the winner of the meeting takes the wildcard. Maybe they should just create a new (unofficial) rule......best finishing rider excluding Rory takes the wildcard.

Edited by eric i

I do hope a rider doesnt get 'dropped' to make way for Robert. All of those qualified by merit.

Now Josh Auty has retired would Lambert maybe get that spot or is it the first reserve qualifier from the Scunny Semi Final.?

Surely has to be the next qualifier from Scunny, but lets face it, we know it will be Lambert

It's got to be Lambert for me.

• Like 1

No point in having qualifiers then, may aswell just pick the 16 highest averaged riders

• Like 2