British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

The Best Team

The best team you have seen for your club. Swindon 2012 champions...Andersen, Kildemand, Batchelor, Steady, Doyley (second string), Morris.

Poole and Swindon were way ahead of everyone else, and fought out the final, with Swindon picking up their first champions trophy since 1967.

Swindon 2009...finished top but lost the final to Wolves. Superb team riding from Adams and Zagar won nearly all heat 15s.

Swindon 2007...finished second to Coventry and lost final to them. Adams, Richardson, Gjedde, Steady, Ulamek, Chrzanowski.

In those 3 years at Fortress Blunsdon they only lost only 1 home match. In 3 home matches so far this year they've lost 2!

Edited by beefy keefy

Oxford Cheetahs 1986 who rode undefeated in the League and would have achieved a clean sweep of trophies except only the weather managed to beat them!

For Lynn in my lifetime it would have to be the 2000 team in the top flight who lost out on the league title that night at Eastbourne, and for the second tier a toss up between the 2006 and 2009 teams which both won the treble.

​The Wembley team of the immediate post-war seasons 1946 to 1950. Great riders like Bill Kitchen, Tommy Price, George Wilks, Split Waterman, Wilbur Lamoreaux, Bill Gilbert, Freddie and Eric Williams, were in their squad. Even the back-up team members like Roy Craighead, Charlie May, Alf Bottoms and 'Bronco' Wilson were more than a match for their opponents.

​Great memorable days for speedway when the sport operated with a REAL team structure.

Edited by Guest

Peterborough's 1999 treble winners. Managed it with just the seven riders.

Crump, Howe, Tesar, Sadler, Sullivan, Andersen and Jirout.

Kenni Larsen

Derek Sneddon

Jason King

Rene Bach - The only one left :(

Mark Lemon

Dakota North

Adam McKinna

2010 Newcastle Diamonds - My third year going to speedway this was, although I've only started properly getting into it in 2012

Also quite liked

Robert Lambert

Tero Aarnio

Matej Kus

Ludvig Lindgren

Steve Worrall

Lewis Rose

Danny Phillips

Last year

At home it has to be the 84 Aces team, who routinely wracked up 50 point, and even multiple 60+ scores yet somehow ended the season trophy less, runners up in all 4 competitions.

Never boring despite the scores, as Ross Courtney Mort Smith PC P Carr and Mckinna were all racers.

But taking away form into account, has to be the 82 title winning side.

Strongest BL side I saw was the Cradley side of 83, best WTC side the Denmark line up of mid 80s of Gundersen Nielsen Jan O and Knudsen.

Some of the Polish club sides of recent times make that Heathens side look average though...

• Like 1

Kenni Larsen

Derek Sneddon

Jason King

Rene Bach - The only one left :(

Mark Lemon

Dakota North

Adam McKinna

2010 Newcastle Diamonds - My third year going to speedway this was, although I've only started properly getting into it in 2012

Also quite liked

Robert Lambert

Tero Aarnio

Matej Kus

Ludvig Lindgren

Steve Worrall

Lewis Rose

Danny Phillips

Last year

You must be a youngster! I am not a Newcastle fan, but many Newcastle teams of the Tom and Joe Owen eras would wipe the floor with either of those.

You must be a youngster! I am not a Newcastle fan, but many Newcastle teams of the Tom and Joe Owen eras would wipe the floor with either of those.

76 & 82

1975 wasps

Crump, eide, street, herne, Gresham, tebby, Owen

The memories...

• Like 1

At home it has to be the 84 Aces team, who routinely wracked up 50 point, and even multiple 60+ scores yet somehow ended the season trophy less, runners up in all 4 competitions.

Never boring despite the scores, as Ross Courtney Mort Smith PC P Carr and Mckinna were all racers.

But taking away form into account, has to be the 82 title winning side.

Strongest BL side I saw was the Cradley side of 83, best WTC side the Denmark line up of mid 80s of Gundersen Nielsen Jan O and Knudsen.

Some of the Polish club sides of recent times make that Heathens side look average though...

...thanks to 'The Witches' from Ipswich!

• Like 1

Hackney Hawks 1980: Petersen, Plech, Thomsen, Thomas, White, Willmott and Jankowski..Wooden spoonists in 79 to runners-up, with only one change (Jankowski for Bobby McNeil.)

Hackney Kestrels 1988: Galvin, Loram, Louis, Mogridge, Whittaker, Thomas and Rolls..2 draws and 2 defeats (both by 2 points) all season, with an all British team.

The Belle Vue 1972 and Cradley 1983 teams for me, cant put any other teams near to those two.

What about the Robins best side?

2005 or 2007 Rye House Teams were good

Robson

Kennett

Neath

King

Werner

Allen

Boxall