British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Somerset 7/8/17(£10 Adults)

Having had the luxury of watching the meeting, I'm baffled by some of the posts on here.

The track was grippy...but when interviewed the riders said it was good.

We had 7 man teams, of pretty much equal standing, close racing, no injuries, a close scoring meeting throughout and a last heat decider.

Plus the meeting was run promptly with no delays.

I'd be happy to watch that every week. Isn't that what most fans want?

My only constructive criticism...would be to make sure all tracks are consistent week in and week out. That way we wouldn't get the farce that's happened recently.

The number one priority of any Speedway meeting is to produce, a consistent track.

On a personal note...I said in an earlier post, that Somerset would win, although I was expecting it to be by a bigger margin. I wasn't expecting Lawson to have the problems he did...such is the unpredictability of Speedway.

I do however think they'll have their work cut out at home against Wolves...prove me wrong you Rebels...lets get that 4th spot ;-)

• Like 4

all I can say is plenty of effort from both sides, both could be elite or premier sides in old money tho, however well worth a watch.

• Like 2

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, didn't like the losing bit, but it was always going to be close.. The fact it was in the mix till the very end created more atmosphere and excitement. Somerset rode well and deserved their success, especially considering they were only a 5 man team. It could have been different but that the way the cookie crumbles sometimes... Still early days with better to come from the new boys. Robert will improve when feeling fit, THJ needs more time , and Huckenbeck was majestic running to get that solitary point. MPT and Auty have more to give. Jorgensen was immense, our Star rider without doubt. My main concern is Porsing. Such an enigma in that he should be so much better. Rode like an utter novice and should do so much better. Nobody would believe he been at Lynn 4 yrs , or that he scored double figures most weeks abroad. if he can't do better than that, I'm afraid he's got to go. Had he scored 5 pts tonight could have been the difference from winning and losing.......

We are programmed to ride 5 meetings in the next 10 day period. Somerset at home was deemed to be the easiest of those meetings. Riding how we did last night shows how weak we really are. To be competitive we need all 7 riders to be on song. Unless that happens, then this could be the start of a bad sequence .

At least that will make Folder and Thatch happy..... :rofl::rofl:

We thoroughly enjoyed the meeting too. So pleased to see such a good turn out and great atmosphere.. sad about the loss but tbh thought the lads did really well though. TJ is exciting to watch, RL still carrying injuries but scored well. NP is he fully fit ? A few things still need ironing out but great to see them all giving it a go and so refreshing to see a young team getting stuck in.

• Like 7

thought auty was poor as well but it's not about winning 😁

Ummm, i think trying to win is the whole point of a sport event!
  • Like 1

Ummm, i think trying to win is the whole point of a sport event!

There speaks a Poole supporter.

Watching the recording on the box I thought it came across quite well. Don't like the black colour of the shale but most riders said it was good and smooth to race on. I thought the riders showing a few more racing lines, and this created excitement, but it also showed how import a good start was. Once in front and not making a mistake, it was hard to see them losing the lead, even though some made a damn good effort.

Nice to see all the effort each rider was making in trying to win, rather than going through the motions and thus cheating the fans. Every race was of the utmost importance and each could have gone either way. Like I say disappointed we lost, but thoroughly enjoyed a tight a competitive match...

I feel we will continue to struggle to win matches until we learn to gate better. Lewis Kerr showed he had lost none of his gating ability scoring an impressive 12 pts. How we could have done with that last night.,,,,,,,,,

• Like 2

So you are telling me KL wanted to lose?

No, hair was referring to Auty and his poor return on the night and you replied to say it's all about winning. Plenty think it's about racing, winning is a bonus.

edit, just read the post above if you need further clarification.

Edited by nw42
  • Like 1

Watched the meeting tonight and the first thing that struck me was the standard of the 2 teams.

A few years ago this would have been a Premier League encounter.

What is going on with the sport?

Watching Lewis Kerr last night made me think that he must have thought that he would have had better seasons since leaving in 2015 if he could have stayed. also did you notice that his handlebar cover said ADRIAN FLUX ARENA. Must be his main sponcer.

Just watched this meeting without knowing the result. Congrats to the Rebels on a well deserved away win. Fairly gutted for Kings Lynn who are experiencing an awful year, but at least you had 7 riders that tried throughout the night. Palm Toft & Porsing were absolutely dreadful. Unlucky with Huckenbeck's chain snapping which was crucial. I do wonder how long it takes a van with two bikes in it to get from Vetlanda to Kings Lynn, but THJ did not disgrace himself.

watched it on TV thought it was a good meeting very close racing but it was very much gate and go with no passing that is my only criticism really

I thought it was a very good meeting for TV and hopefully to encourage a few newbies who might have tuned in for a first time

plus points for me

Both teams at full strength, now isn't that something as fans we all craze, win or loose,

the score line kept close all the way through the meeting, no one likes to see one side dominate from about heat 3

Thankfully no nasty spills and all riders went home safe

There seemed to be plenty of noise from the fans

• Like 2

Watched this last night, thought it was a poor meeting tbh with only the close score line keeping the interest. Not sure there was a pass from heats 3-10? Last 3 heats were pretty decent.