British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 11-08-2017

Absolutely terrific point from a group of riders as a TEAM.

That point would have been out of reach with the whinging Aussie's

⭐⭐UP THE STARS⭐⭐

Yeah because Holder is terrible round the NSS and would certainly have struggled to match the 2 points MPT scored...
  • Like 3

Yeah because Holder is terrible round the NSS and would certainly have struggled to match the 2 points MPT scored...

But he may have refused to ride!
  • Like 2

You're missing the point obviously

I wasn't at the meeting but having seen the Photos obviously the conditions were very bad,It would be interesting to hear the views of supporters that were at the meeting and was at the "Holder Gate" meeting at Kings Lynn in regards to track conditions, which was the worst?

I wasn't at the meeting but having seen the Photos obviously the conditions were very bad,It would be interesting to hear the views of supporters that were at the meeting and was at the "Holder Gate" meeting at Kings Lynn in regards to track conditions, which was the worst?

At the "Holdergate" meeting there was little or nothing wrong with the track ( as track staff have said ) There was a little drizzle for 15 minutes - after a perfect day of summer weather. It was nothing to do with the weather at KLS that night. Only the riders know if there was a problem with the blending of two types of shale and if that really made it " difficult to turn" as alleged by Holder & Batchelor. At the NSS meeting the weather was much, much worse and affected how the track could be ridden by all of the riders.

• Like 1

I wasn't at Kings Lynn but I doubt you can compare the two. The NSS is exceptional because of the excellent drainage, the shape and size of the track, which allows riders to take different lines and not necessarily get filled in by flying wet shale and importantly the level of preparation, which produces a very smooth and even racing surface. Personally, I doubt that any rider would have refused to race in the conditions at the NSS. Racing was close and relatively fast and after the first few races riders were using most of the usual racing lines. The overall standard of racing wasn't up to usual standards, although the last few races surprisingly, when it was raining again, were the best.

Not at BV but track looked a great deal wetter than KL

Edited by whippy

My first visit to the new Belle Vue and impressions are good, although I'd expected that from TV meetings before. Got to give huge credit to all the riders for continuing in pretty wet conditions and. as has been pointed out before, the best racing was probably towards the end with the track at its wettest!

Kenneth Bjerre the undoubted start for the home side, most of the Starts had their moments and certainly gave maximum effort. Without doubt a track I would go back to.

A rare venture up North for me, is there really no decent road across to Sheffield (where I was staying)? Took well over an hour to drive about 40 miles (and took even longer on the way over that afternoon!)