British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 16/08/17

Hoping the stars can get the win, but, Leicester seem to have a similar team with strength in depth, so gonna be a close one. If racing is as good as the oak tree arena on Monday I'll be happy.

Lynn win with the Lions maybe getting a point..But hope not.

I'll take that now. . This match will not be easy, especially with Somerset guests Grajczonek and Heeps. As we saw last week they go really well round AFA. For us to succeed we will need all riders scoring goods points. Probably this is the meeting when all the work and changes bear fruit, when team effort comes to the fore, and the top riders lead from the front.

The big difference between this year and the ones previous, is we don't have someone like Neils winning in heats 13 and 15. For a team to be successful we have to regularly provide winners to those heats. I think the time is now right for Robert to step up to the plate and be that man.... Whether we win or lose tonight, will no doubt rest on Roberts shoulders. Being Capt. and No1 is all very well, its a privilege positon, the leader and pinnacle of the team, so its only right he is the person to win those important heats..... If he can, we will win, and if he don't then we will lose.....

Whether it was Terry Betts, Michael Lee, John Louis, Richard Knight, Mark Loram, Jason Crump or Niels Kristian Iversen, when they were Captain, they all had to step up to that plate. I have no doubt Robert is more than capable of doing this on a regular basis......

His time has come.......

PS. A big advantage for the Stars is that Jim Lynch is the Lions Team Manager, and we all saw his decision making on Monday night.!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

Simon Lambert replaces Porsing who was taken ill last night in Sweden.

To be honest, at this moment in time, I think Simon would bring a little more strength to the side than Nicklas, than it is not decrying his efforts.

I think we might just sneak a win tonight, but equally so, wouldn't be surprised or that disappointed if we didn't.

The main thing as has been said a few times already, we have a team now that wants to ride for the club, and you can sense the feel good factor.

• Like 2

Quite an assumption that Ippo will win the Championship!! Sheffield or Glasgow look much better prospects.

yeah youre right sorry.... they were the leaders last time I bothered to look at the Championship table. I've a feeling I may have to take more notice of it next year tho ....... :cry:

Being an avid Lions supporter not sure if I should admit I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight, not something I'm use to saying. The weakest link in the team presently is the Team Manger unfortunately, but maybe after Monday the penny will have dropped. His T/R decision making has been nothing short of diabolical, let's hope it's not needed though tonight. I predict another nail-biting experience ahead.

Being an avid Lions supporter not sure if I should admit I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight, not something I'm use to saying. The weakest link in the team presently is the Team Manger unfortunately, but maybe after Monday the penny will have dropped. His T/R decision making has been nothing short of diabolical, let's hope it's not needed though tonight. I predict another nail-biting experience ahead.

The penny didn't drop after the home televised meeting against Swindon, so I wouldn't bet on it.

The penny didn't drop after the home televised meeting against Swindon, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Well that's certainly true and I seem to remember he dropped an almighty ***** at Wolverhampton earlier in the season. Bless him he means well, but the lad's completely befuddled & bemused as he clearly demonstrated in the post race interviews on Monday.

One thing I was astonished at though was the fact the Lions had employed a total of 28 riders this season, a lot of misfortune granted, but no wonder we are currently the "strongest" team in the league.

It's more proberly that it's that I'd had a drink watching the after meeting interview but it did seem to me he'd had a drink.

Can't believe people are tipping Lynn to lose. Liecester are rubbish and Stars should beat them.