British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Stockholm Gp 2017

Kim Nilsson is the wild card according to Elitspeedway.com

http://www.elitspeedway.com/nyheter/e/437/

Swedish speedway’s shooting stars will get some expert tuition on the Stockholm FIM Speedway Grand Prix track as the SGP Academy comes to Friends Arena on September 22.

Some of Sweden’s brightest 250cc talents will take part in the event, which will be staged at the national stadium ahead of Stockholm SGP practice, with former

Great Britain international and Poultec speedway training manager Oliver Allen leading the day’s tuition.

The SGP Academy gives youngsters a unique insight into what it takes to make it as an FIM Speedway Grand Prix star – both on and off the track.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/6079/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Nicki Pedersen went for further scans in Copenhagen on Monday- and has NOT withdrawn from the GP this weekend. could we see a surprise comeback on Saturday ?? and maybe leszno on Sunday ??

Edited by racers and royals

Doesn't seem much anticipation for this one, quiet thread. Just looking at the draw and mooching through the heats, I know Doyle has a nice 10 point lead but he will definitely be up against it, faces a Pole in all but one of his races, heat 14 when he's off gate 4 with Emil, Lindback & Vaculik lining up inside him. Obviously everyone is in it for themselves but surely as it gets closer to the series end the Poles will start to push for one of them to take the title, either way it should be a goodun..

Scorecard courtesy of Willstaxi,

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc16/19247/gp-2017-10-pdf-39k?da=y

Edited by nw42

Doesn't seem much anticipation for this one, quiet thread. Just looking at the draw and mooching through the heats, I know Doyle has a nice 10 point lead but he will definitely be up against it, faces a Pole in all but one of his races, heat 14 when he's off gate 4 with Emil, Lindback & Vaculik lining up inside him. Obviously everyone is in it for themselves but surely as it gets closer to the series end the Poles will start to push for one of them to take the title, either way it should be a goodun..

Scorecard courtesy of Willstaxi,

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc16/19247/gp-2017-10-pdf-39k?da=y

Not sure I agree with the Poles team riding to make things hard for Doyle. They all have their own battles to fight.

Doyle's form in the leagues has dipped a lot recently. He looked slow in the Poole v Swindon semi, scored poorly in Poland and Sweden too. Maybe he is saving all his energy for tomorrow.

Not sure I agree with the Poles team riding to make things hard for Doyle. They all have their own battles to fight.

Doyle's form in the leagues has dipped a lot recently. He looked slow in the Poole v Swindon semi, scored poorly in Poland and Sweden too. Maybe he is saving all his energy for tomorrow.

No not team riding as such, in fact they won't have the opportunity as they each meet Doyle in separate heats, they definitely have their own individual goals but to help out, say Dudek if he's going to be the challenger, will provide any extra incentive if required.

Can't help thinking Doyle is holding back but who can blame him when he's within touching distance.

Surprisingly quiet thread. Am I the only person from the UK going? (Ryanair permitting)

Stockholm is a beautiful city so well worth the trip, the speedway is a bonus. Might even visit the ABBA museum this time!

Have a nagging doubt that Lindback may put the cat amongst the pigeons in this one. I'd put my money on Doyle who has indeed been quiet of late, but would like to see Lindgren as top scorer.

Surprisingly quiet thread. Am I the only person from the UK going? (Ryanair permitting)

Stockholm is a beautiful city so well worth the trip, the speedway is a bonus. Might even visit the ABBA museum this time!

Have a nagging doubt that Lindback may put the cat amongst the pigeons in this one. I'd put my money on Doyle who has indeed been quiet of late, but would like to see Lindgren as top scorer.

Been twice to the GP but not this year- If you haven`t done the Vasa Museum do that as well- just down the road from the Abba.

Yes the Vasa Museum is fascinating. Spent ages in there, which is why I ran out of time for anything else last year. Was in two minds whether to go this year, but then thought why not. It will be interesting to see the attendance figures.

I was considering going but I am a student and I've spent almost £60 the past couple of weeks on seeing Smederna
during their post season success (they've reached the finals) and there is one more meeting remaining (the final)

so I kinda spend the money on that instead of the GP.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Im going, although Im from the Netherlands :P

• Like 1

I was considering going but I am a student and I've spent almost £60 the past couple of weeks on seeing Smederna

during their post season success (they've reached the finals) and there is one more meeting remaining (the final)

so I kinda spend the money on that instead of the GP.

thought you would be middle aged not a young student You have extensive knowledge for a young guy.

thought you would be middle aged not a young student You have extensive knowledge for a young guy.

Well you can be a student even if you are 30+ ;)
  • Like 1