British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn V Poole 31/8/17

Guest GiveusaB

No wonder BT didnt know what match they would be screening next Monday???

Does anybody involved with speedway know anything these days ???

I'm still digesting the fact that a lower league team has priority over a higher league team's No.1 ??? (i.e Chris Harris/Peterborough)

I think the confusion and the rules and regulations are more interesting than some of the racing these days !

Nothing wrong with Lambert just doing the first meeting against Poole.

Think if he does it evens things up as when Poole last rode at Kings Lynn they raced against a team whose top 2 pulled out thus gifting Poole the 4 points.

Surely as Poole were handed 4 points in this manner, it's only fair that Kings Lynns top rider pulls out against Rye House, that way both teams have been given 4 points away at Lynn.

Not Poole's fault some riders refused to ride last time but Lambert not riding against Rye is clearly wrong.

If Kai Huckenbeck isn't fit to take his place they will need a guest to cover.

What needs to be remembered is that Lambert not riding in the second meeting has only been reported in the Echo so they could be wrong, they have been wrong before!

• Like 1

Not Poole's fault some riders refused to ride last time but Lambert not riding against Rye is clearly wrong.

If Kai Huckenbeck isn't fit to take his place they will need a guest to cover.

What needs to be remembered is that Lambert not riding in the second meeting has only been reported in the Echo so they could be wrong, they have been wrong before!

It would mean he already has a sick note pre-empting an injury he would be due to pick up during the Poole meeting which has yet to take place, so this has to be nonsense, surely?

Its well known that Lambert is carrying a knee injury which makes the knee swell up after too much pressure on it - thats why he didn't ride in the 2nd meeting last week and why his races tend to tail off towards the end of a meeting. Buster has stated he has riders in place!!!

Barker is missing for Rye House due to a fixture for Redcar.

Edited by Skidder1

Its well known that Lambert is carrying a knee injury which makes the knee swell up after too much pressure on it - thats why he didn't ride in the 2nd meeting last week and why his races tend to tail off towards the end of a meeting. Buster has stated he has riders in place!!!

Barker is missing for Rye House due to a fixture for Redcar.

Do we believe Buster though? If this is the case he can rest it against us then ride against Rye! He didn't tail off last night!

Leaving Kennett and Holder as a replacement...oh dear not good

Actually Jack seemed to enjoy the track last time and rode it well.

Edited by foreverblue

No wonder BT didnt know what match they would be screening next Monday???

Does anybody involved with speedway know anything these days ???

I'm still digesting the fact that a lower league team has priority over a higher league team's No.1 ??? (i.e Chris Harris/Peterborough)

I think the confusion and the rules and regulations are more interesting than some of the racing these days !

Home team-red & blue.

Away team-white & yellow.

That's about as much as I know these days..

• Like 2

Home team-red & blue.

Away team-white & yellow.

That's about as much as I know these days..

Unless, of course, people are still using yellow and black. And maybe the odd green might turn up but I think the ref might baulk at that. And then there's black and white. What's that all about asks your newby friends?

And you thought you'd found a simple bit of the rules eh? :P

• Like 1

Lambert wants to do both meetings,who wouldn't double pay :t:.But i suppose all will depend on how his knee reacts to the first meeting.Really should have a few weeks rest but with the season nearly finished i suppose he wants to earn before he can rest it for 6 months.

As it maybe R/R for Huckenbeck tonight,why in the Championship can a team have a guest for their 2-5 but in the PL it has to be R/R?

I'd planned to go to this meeting a long time ago seeing how I'm on holiday and only 30 mins from the track but after all trouble last week I had a rethink.

When they changed it to another double header interest really started to waver for a trip to Kings Lynn and now reports ok they may be complete and utter hearsay regarding Lambert possibly going to miss the 2nd match there is no way my time and money will be spent going to the Kings Lynn tonight .

Ok it may go all perfect and 30 heats done and dusted and everyone is happy but with last week's shenanigans still fresh I'll spend my time taking the kids crabbing at Wells next to sea harbour.

• Like 2

are you taking the piss? i hate poole as much as the next person but your anti poole agenda is out of hand.

What an absolute moronic anti Poole post. At least others can see he is nothing more than a troll. not at home.Considering truddling all the way up for this meeting. Bit of a way though. Just over 4 hours on a clear run.

Then Kings Lynn to Somerset tomorrow is another 4 hours across country.

Hmmmm.

wow very nice to catch Shovlar in my net!!! All the rubbish you write and then you bite again when someone else posts a load of rubbish like what I wrote. Still gave me a good giggle to see your reaction

The first heat of this double header should be starting promptly at 7.00pm, and needs firm control by the Referee and Clerk of the Course, along with minimal track work, otherwise a very late finish or another fiasco is likely. Who wants to be leaving the stadium at gone 11.00pm?

I'd planned to go to this meeting a long time ago seeing how I'm on holiday and only 30 mins from the track but after all trouble last week I had a rethink.

When they changed it to another double header interest really started to waver for a trip to Kings Lynn and now reports ok they may be complete and utter hearsay regarding Lambert possibly going to miss the 2nd match there is no way my time and money will be spent going to the Kings Lynn tonight .

Ok it may go all perfect and 30 heats done and dusted and everyone is happy but with last week's shenanigans still fresh I'll spend my time taking the kids crabbing at Wells next to sea harbour.

A very, very wise decision. Far more entertainment in Wells. :D

The first heat of this double header should be starting promptly at 7.00pm, and needs firm control by the Referee and Clerk of the Course, along with minimal track work, otherwise a very late finish or another fiasco is likely. Who wants to be leaving the stadium at gone 11.00pm?

Is there a curfew or is this merely something fictitious that can be used in case of need?

I agree it should start at 7pm,but it won't seeing it is a 7.30pm start.

Your be lucky 7.30 start.Its going to be a late one even if it all goes smoothly.