British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Somerset Rebels Vs Poole Pirates 01//09/17

Charles Wright seems to be a great signing by Ford. Will command a decent loan fee for him next year!!

Unless we use him but I doubt that.

Feel that if Somerset had Peter K. Would have been that big hitting number 1 they need to get themselves over the line in some meetings. But been impressed with them and some decent recruiting next season could see them in the playoffs!

I have never yet seen a rider excluded for knocking off his team mate, but I've seen plenty of 'fallen team mates' excluded, in fact every time.

You've been lucky then. I've seen it loads of times over the years and it's happened loads elsewhere i'm sure.

Edited by The Doctor...

*VIDEO* Speedway Portal teamed up with Re-Run Productions to grab some interviews in the pits directly after the Somerset vs Poole meeting on 01/09/2017.

Steve interviews Pirates Edward Kennett following his heat 14 heroics, and talks to Captain Hans Andersen and Promoter Matt Ford on looking forward now to the play offs.

The full meetings behind the scenes "access all areas" footage will be available to view shortly inside the Rebels Media Page only on Speedway Portal.

I see the confidence and arrogance from the usual suspects has resurfaced - no surprise there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Whilst not specifically written in the rules, it's generally accepted that a rider isn't excluded for causing his team mate to fall. Where two team mates come together and one falls, it is always the fallen rider who is excluded.

Whilst there is no mention of this particular situation in any of the rules, those relating to exclusions state that 'The referee shall disqualify the rider, who in his/her opinion is the primary cause of the stoppage, has indulged in foul, unfair, dangerous or reckless conduct that’s jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent.'

​The pertinent part of that rule are the final seven words (underlined above), so as the riders in this situation are team mates, the so called guilty rider, can't be excluded, and he has not jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent, therefore the primary cause of the stoppage is the fallen rider, and not the team mate who may have caused him to fall.

I have never yet seen a rider excluded for knocking off his team mate, but I've seen plenty of 'fallen team mates' excluded, in fact every time.

that`s the biggest load of tosh I have read in a long time- you should have put " primary cause of the stoppage" in bold - because team mate or not has nothing whatsoever to do with it !!!! You have a short memory as the Riss exclusion when Przedpelski went through the fence was exactly the situation you have never seen.- Next time you are able to talk to a referee - just ask him or her.

• Like 1

hans said on twitter we all start from zero now . bt at wolves monday night so i reckon natalie will ask rosco then

I see the confidence and arrogance from the usual suspects has resurfaced - no surprise there. :rolleyes:

always the same 3 to be honest. I congratulated the decent Poole fans on here

I'm just waiting my apologies from them to be honest.

Post after post of me apparently talking BS about how Poole should beat Somerset. The usual numptys telling me I was talking crap when I got it spot on. I'm sure Shovlar and Gater1 will apologise to me or they simply can't handle me being right all the time!

Agree with Shovlar we have nothing to lose now whatever happens I am proud of the boys.

We have got a great chance against Swindon.

They are overrated imo. Facing patched up teams constantly at the right time and that's the only reason why they finished top.

Personally I think Wolves will win the league. I hope I am wrong.

Yes I agree Swindon only finished top because they won 17 in a row against patched up teams.

What a total b3ll3nd you are

• Like 1

With the way things are going this season, I can see Poole winning the League title. Now wouldn't that put the cherry on the cake of one of the most ridiculous seasons.

always the same 3 to be honest. I congratulated the decent Poole fans on here

I'm just waiting my apologies from them to be honest.

Post after post of me apparently talking BS about how Poole should beat Somerset. The usual numptys telling me I was talking crap when I got it spot on. I'm sure Shovlar and Gater1 will apologise to me or they simply can't handle me being right all the time!

Yes I agree Swindon only finished top because they won 17 in a row against patched up teams.

What a total b3ll3nd you are

Surely you don't think that Shovlar actually believes it though do you? Hes on the wind up and you bite every time. But at least Shov follows home and away and is a genuine fan. Gater is an absolute joke. Never been near Poole in his life and even Shov was telling him to wind his neck in a while ago.It's speedway Gav. Don't take it so seriously.

• Like 3

If you think Swindon are favourites, how come you were saying that their bubble had burst?

Which one is it?

You and Gater1 clearly thinking you have it in the bag now, judging from your posts on here.

You'll find Shovlar forgets what he says half the time,so ends up cotradicting himself quite often.

Exactly as I said, though I think we will miss Jack. We are asking a lot of Lahti and as we have both said Somerset are a good team on their own patch. Starke is clr\early struggly and his pairing with Eddie is a big worry.

Agree the meeting will possibly be beyond us. We need the win as I expect Rye House to win their remaining meetings.

Could you have been anymore wrong as always

Holder isnt in form and scored only 5 so r/r will make you stronger

Heeps is in good form and r/r makes them weaker

Doolan doesnt even come close to what Allen would have scored

Shanes only got 1 last time so Wood cant do much worse.

Add in an unfit Hougaard and quite clearly Somerset are weakened more than Poole.

Having a guest each and r/r each doesnt automatically balance things up!

Cant believe that i was pretty much spot on with my prediction.

Doolan with 3 nowhere near what Allen would have scored.

Wood only 1 point worse than Shanes

Hougaard clearly unfit

Holder was untouchable in his last two rides last night.

Shanes has come on leaps and bounds since the A fixture.

If Hougaard was unfit he wouldn't be riding.

Gavan. The gift that keeps on giving. Lol!

oops yet again wrong....bit embarrassing now

Do you actually believe the BS you type? Or do you do it just to get a reaction?

seems my BS was spot on Gater1

Jack Holders last 3 meetings at Somerset:

5 points

11 points (only one win and a double pointer in that score)

4 points.

Thats an average of 6.66 a meeting not exactly flys around there.

Paul Starke rode for Somerset

Kennett last season scored 14 (from 4 rides inc. 6 pointer) and 11+2 (5 rides)

So hardly think they are weaker than Holder around Somerset.

You think that Kerr and Doolan would score better than Heeps? Strange.

Is Shanes a better rider than Doolan? Not around Somerset for sure! Shanes 1 point last time and Doolan 8+1 from Number One.

You are one of only 2 people on here who think Poole are worse off than Somerset.........just waiting for the third member of the trio to turn up!

Starke and Kennett paid for 18 between them pretty much the match winners.......................seems i was spot on there as well.

So either your trolls or i will await apologies for me being right and you both being wrong......again....byeeee

Gavan. You stated Swindon would win at Rye House last night. Can you please explain then why they were thrashed out of sight?

Really, you do continue to blow a gasket on the Poole threads. You say your family are so important to you so why not take them for a day out and spend less time erupting in anger on the Poole threads? Whilst we all find your posts funny it can do your health no good at all, unless this is the way you live your life. In which case stress will get the better of you and we will read on here you have had a heart attack. God knows how you will react if Poole somehow knock out Swindon!

You need to chill out. This is actually given as freindly advice and not with any animosity.

• Like 1

Lawson had been superb for Somerset and was unbeaten. Brought down and wrongly excluded in heat 13.

Lawson is just a gating tart,that's what I was saying ,proved right.Wright is one of the most improved riders in recent seasons and is a racer espiecially round Oak Tree.
  • Like 1

Gavan. You stated Swindon would win at Rye House last night. Can you please explain then why they were thrashed out of sight?

Really, you do continue to blow a gasket on the Poole threads. You say your family are so important to you so why not take them for a day out and spend less time erupting in anger on the Poole threads? Whilst we all find your posts funny it can do your health no good at all, unless this is the way you live your life. In which case stress will get the better of you and we will read on here you have had a heart attack. God knows how you will react if Poole somehow knock out Swindon!

You need to chill out. This is actually given as freindly advice and not with any animosity.

Find me the post where i said Swindon would win......you wont.

I said Rye were not the certainties that you said they were....how could they be against a team that had won 17 in a row..

Its not about reacting..i get on well with a majority of Poole fans on here. Why you feel the need to troll about meetings i have no idea, you always put up a different opinion to everyone else just to get reactions...you surely cant believe everything you write. I dont think your an idiot , i believe you are intellectual unlike Starman and Gater1. So it would be nice if for once you simply just didnt troll for reactions.

I dont do stress, i was in a coma for 3 weeks back in November 2013 after contracting strep a pneumonia, via tonsilitis from my youngest daughter. My wife was called up to say goodbye twice in those 3 weeks. It was also the time when my work colleagues (who once they knew i was getting better) changed my avatar to Lily Savage and posted a thread about speedway needing more corners! I live each day now and am thankful for it. A speedway forum certainly does not make me stressed

Edited by Gavan