British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon Followed By Wolves - Kings Lynn 4.9.17

I have always thought the Wolves team was the strongest and would figure in the finals. Their 1 to 5 is way above that of any other team, But even after watching that one sided affair last night, I don't think its a foregone conclusion . Swindon suffered badly, with poor reserves, and some riders having a mare. But they still only lost by 14 points. The one incident with Doyle on a TC, coming to grieve on the tricky corner could have made a 10 point difference.....

The fat lady hasn't sung yet !! :nono:

I don't get the indignation over people cheering when Doyle came off. It would be the same everywhere.

Top rider in the GP comes out on a TR, overcooks bend two and comes down. Of course they are going to cheer.

If I was a Wolves fan I would have cheered too.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 4

Just watched the meeting on delay and Roscos face summed it up. He must be a very worried man.

Swindon were slaughtered at Rye House, and rather than bounce back, were again taken apart by a Wolves team who threw points away and didn't even bother to put Freddie out in heat 15. Such was their dominance they basically throttled back. Sure Doyle blew the t/r but both Greaves and Howarth hit the deck in scoring positions and if Lindgren had ridden heat 15 if would never have been a 2-4.

Swindon fans fancy their chances next week against Poole, with some wondering how much of a lead the Robins will take to Blunsdon.

With Poole now riding much better, I think Pirates have it in them to put a decent lead on the plate for the second leg. I saw nothing tonight to have us overly worried. Yes, Doyle could easily go through the card but we have riders capable of beating the rest. Swindon are clear favourites but we can shock the speedway world.

Pirates have no chance against Wolves or Belle Vue but it would be a fantastic acheivement to make the final this season and judging how Swindon are riding, completely possible.

do you actually know anything?? Poole beat Wolves 3 out of 4 times this season and were the only team to win at Monmore.......you remember that night when you won without any luck. If Poole had Wolves then Poole would be favourites. Would love to see Swindon use Kyle Newman next week. Funny how some Poole fans want to see Starke missing and Kyle guesting!!! The same riders that Poole fans were happy when they made the original change!

More "supposes" that show last night wasn't all doom and gloom.

Suppose Bradley Wilson-Dean rode, beat just the other reserves, and took an extra ride in heat 14. The score would be 47-43 to Wolves. Not a bad defecit.

SUPPOSE that happened AND Jason Doyle had won heat 5 instead of coming off because there was less pressure due to not being on a TR. And Swindon had got a 4-2 instead of losing one. That's a draw.

Suppose Bellego had his new engine that he is saving for the play-offs and scored an extra point. Win for Swindon.

Suppose my Auntie had..... well, just saying. It's not as bad as people think.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

do you actually know anything?? Poole beat Wolves 3 out of 4 times this season and were the only team to win at Monmore.......you remember that night when you won without any luck. If Poole had Wolves then Poole would be favourites. Would love to see Swindon use Kyle Newman next week. Funny how some Poole fans want to see Starke missing and Kyle guesting!!! The same riders that Poole fans were happy when they made the original change!

Is it surprising Starke is struggling while Newman is flying. Could of predicted it Kyle always strikes form this time of year, Starke and his bikes are knackered. Not all thought it was a good thing to drop Newman!

With luck anything is possible but if you remember we had a lot of luck last time, Howarth was going well when he got injured, we had R Worrall who was terrific now we have Kurtz who is rubbish at Monmore.Starke was riding better then too.

Edited by foreverblue

stevebrum, on 04 Sept 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

The worst fans I've ever had the displeasure of being around were the Mexicans. Gross behaviour.

I thought they were quite funny and made a decent atmosphere, I can vaguely remember them having a microphone and gave an away rider a hard time after they had to walk the home straight at BV after suffering a ef on the fourth bend.

Each to their own I guess.

Nick Morris indicated that they weren't taking any risks when he was interviewed, which was quite interesting.

Heat 5 was the key. Suppose this was a play off, Doyle had won that race and Swindon had a 2-7, then you have a score of 50-43 and all to play for in the second leg, so this, maybe, wasn't as dominant by Wolves as it looks from the scoreline.

Tough with no reserves, though. That will be our achilles heel I suspect, unless Bellago really has completely lost his mojo. Then we're stuffed.

But there is no tactical rides in playoffs

Oh dear!!!!!...... Have you ever known 3 riders all withdraw from one crash before!!? Quite possibly Auty was genuinely injured and that's unfortunate but Greaves has withdrawn cos of "bike problems"!!! and Perry has probably just had enough of being utterly outclassed every race all night! Both would still be riding tonight had it not been their second meeting. Give me examples of more successful double headers in recent times than ones that were jokes and then you can start to make excuses for the FARCE that the sport is right now.

Having known and seen Auty for a number of years now,if he withdrew from the meeting he would have to be hurt quite bad

• Like 2

Having known and seen Auty for a number of years now,if he withdrew from the meeting he would have to be hurt quite bad

Especially as he has been riding pretty well lately.

The worst fans I've ever had the displeasure of being around were the Mexicans. Gross behaviour.

Thankfully Aces fans in the most are much better behaved.

So each to their own.

Orrible those sombrero wearing mouthy sods, a lot worse than the Blunsdon back straight bog crew!

• Like 1

I don't get the indignation over people cheering when Doyle came off. It would be the same everywhere.

Top rider in the GP comes out on a TR, overcooks bend two and comes down. Of course they are going to cheer.

If I was a Wolves fan I would have cheered too.

exactly, my point precisely. In fairness it's only one poster trying to make something out of nothing.

I thought they were quite funny and made a decent atmosphere, I can vaguely remember them having a microphone and gave an away rider a hard time after they had to walk the home straight at BV after suffering a ef on the fourth bend.

Each to their own I guess.

they were funny for 15 minutes, until they got abusive.

Orrible those sombrero wearing mouthy sods, a lot worse than the Blunsdon back straight bog crew!

:rofl:

Did anyone watch the matches last night?

Just watched the meeting on delay and Roscos face summed it up. He must be a very worried man.

Swindon were slaughtered at Rye House, and rather than bounce back, were again taken apart by a Wolves team who threw points away and didn't even bother to put Freddie out in heat 15. Such was their dominance they basically throttled back. Sure Doyle blew the t/r but both Greaves and Howarth hit the deck in scoring positions and if Lindgren had ridden heat 15 if would never have been a 2-4.

Swindon fans fancy their chances next week against Poole, with some wondering how much of a lead the Robins will take to Blunsdon.

With Poole now riding much better, I think Pirates have it in them to put a decent lead on the plate for the second leg. I saw nothing tonight to have us overly worried. Yes, Doyle could easily go through the card but we have riders capable of beating the rest. Swindon are clear favourites but we can shock the speedway world.

Pirates have no chance against Wolves or Belle Vue but it would be a fantastic acheivement to make the final this season and judging how Swindon are riding, completely possible.

Poole have already been to Wolves and won and pushed us close in the second meeting. If it's a Poole Wolves final, I certainly don't think it would be a formality.