British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2018

I cant believe it took a Championship club to the tail end of 2017 to give Jake Allen a run - he was excellent in 2016 in his debut season and pretty solid in the top league for the Rebels last season in his first season in the top league.

He s a steal on a 6 and will be a heat leader no doubt very quickly.

It was more an issue with the visa Jake was over here on rather than no one wanting him. He was raring to go and wanting to ride his bike during the Rebels PL summer break! Once the visa got sorted he flew around Scunny as we all knew he would.

• Like 1

Thank you Rob. Chuffed to have Josh back. Not brilliant at gating but by god he makes up for it. He's given his all and is so exciting to watch. Our very own Entertainer! very pleased to see Jake Allen back too! YES!

• Like 1

Great start to the team I think with Jake and Josh signed, hopefully get the number 1 everyone is talking about in Stevie Worrall then need to finish it off well and think we can challenge

1 - Worrall - 9.02

2. - Allen - 6.08

3. - Auty - 6.90

5. - Lyager - 7.00

7. - Mountain - 3.33

Would like to see Lyager return and on his 7 he could very easily be battling Jake Allen and Stevie for the number 1 berth. Mountain always looked a decent rider and think he would be a good addition at reserve seems to like the big tracks.

Would leave us 10.17 for the final two, would definitely have Stefan Neilsen on a 5.53 leaving 4.64 for the final rider, which I really dont know who I would want for that average at the moment although might have slightly more of Mountain got a reduction for being a brit

Edited by beaky11

Auty 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Allen is a good signing though

• Like 1

Auty 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Allen is a good signing though

If they sign Worrall as an out/out number 1 with Auty/Allen thats a pretty good trio Lyager also would be a decent signing Auty on that 6.90 figure could easily add a point on that on home form alone.

Can anyone confirm if Scunny's regular race night will now be Friday? and if they intend to do Bank Holiday Mondays (as double headers?).

It was more an issue with the visa Jake was over here on rather than no one wanting him. He was raring to go and wanting to ride his bike during the Rebels PL summer break! Once the visa got sorted he flew around Scunny as we all knew he would.

I think it was more the point very few teams could actually fit him in when he wanted to double up

If they sign Worrall as an out/out number 1 with Auty/Allen thats a pretty good trio Lyager also would be a decent signing Auty on that 6.90 figure could easily add a point on that on home form alone.

I don't think Steve will be at Scunthorpe and unfortunately I don't see him at Newcastle either, he will go Glasgow or full time PL and abroad imo

I don't think Steve will be at Scunthorpe and unfortunately I don't see him at Newcastle either, he will go Glasgow or full time PL and abroad imo

A real shame that,i enjoyed watching him at Swindon for the one year and have followed his progress ever since. He has come on so much i just hope wherever he goes he keeps on progressing.
  • Like 1

A real shame that,i enjoyed watching him at Swindon for the one year and have followed his progress ever since. He has come on so much i just hope wherever he goes he keeps on progressing.

I second this :t: Minus the Swindon part lol, he's been unbeatable most of the season at Newcastle though, how he wasn't our number 1 for most of the year beats me

I think youll be wrong on this one, Steve has apparently said that he doesnt want to be riding on a Sunday due to wanting to do Poland and has said that he is joining a club in the Championship a lot closer to home apparently, lets wait and see but really think he will be at the EWR next year

I think youll be wrong on this one, Steve has apparently said that he doesnt want to be riding on a Sunday due to wanting to do Poland and has said that he is joining a club in the Championship a lot closer to home apparently, lets wait and see but really think he will be at the EWR next year

Never heard about this, I'm still hoping he's at Newcastle, but I'm getting less confident about that... His brother would be nice too...

Never heard about this, I'm still hoping he's at Newcastle, but I'm getting less confident about that... His brother would be nice too...

Richie cast iron cert for Glasgow, and no chance of Steve or Robert at Brough, due to all of them riding in Poland on Sundays.