British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Workington Comets/james Sarjent/bspa

Bandits fans rallying round liam carr

Speak to a large majority and we'll tell you the same... Liam was put into an awful position of having to start in the top 5 when he should've been reserve... I'd personally have given him a chance at reserve to get confidence back!

The difference is speak to a large majority of comets fans and they hope sarjeant would never grace their track again! :rolleyes:

So James sarjeant is not only dropping his average deliberately allegedly but now deliberately getting fined. He presumably can't be earning anything or covering his costs so why. Has he won the lottery or something. Can't help thinking that reports of him saying he's deliberately dropping his average was done as a joke due to him being p....ed off and it's come back to bite him

Sorry mate but I've no idea what your opinion has to do with my post?

James was fined for gesturing to the fans and removing his helmet before the race was completed, nothing whatsoever to do with manipulating his average?

As for the last sentence, yes, you could very well be right, you cant say anything thesedays in jest or otherwise without being quoted by someone? ;)

By Phil Lanning

EXCLUSIVE

JAMES Sarjeant admits he is devastated at the speedway boo boys after the toughest season of his career.

The softly-spoken Yorkshireman has endured a torrid campaign after being left club-less on the eve of the campaign following Coventrys sudden closure.

Sarj had a month at Ipswich to replace the injured Kyle Newman and then moved to Workington halfway through the season.

But he admits he is gutted with his form for the Comets - but doesnt deserve the volume of stick he has received from fans.

Sarjeant revealed: Its been a horrendous season to be honest. Its been a bit stop and start and Ive never really felt that comfortable or on form.

Ive had the odd meeting here and there but Ive felt like a bit of a nomad jumping from club to club.

But the last month or so has been really terrible. My form at Workington has been poor and I just cant seem to get myself dialled into Derwent Park. The track has been difficult for me to get used to and Im devastated by it all.

Ive tried everything to get it sorted but the harder I try, the worse it seems to get. Im gutted that Ive not been able to prove myself to the fans or management.

I think everyone knows Im an honest rider. I wear my heart on my sleeve but Im really surprised about how much stick Ive taken from some sections of the fans.

I will always hold my hands up and admit when Ive not performed, I am doing that right now. But to be verbally abused at the stadium and on social media is really hard to stomach.

Theres little doubt I am a 100 per cent trier. People need to remember that I need to earn money. Im running at a huge loss this season because of missing so many meetings and losing a Premiership club. I need to win races but it just hasnt happened for me at Workington.

I would like to apologise to the real Workington fans and the management for my behaviour last Saturday, the frustration is really beginning to get to me that I just cant score big points like I know I can.

I lost the plot last week and its just because I am passionate about this sport and trying to progress. Its so hard when everything you try goes wrong.

Sarjeant did show signs of his undoubted potential in three meetings in succession at Edinburgh for the Comets, Caledonian Riders Championship and guesting for Glasgow.

He said: Ive always liked Armadale and the track is very consistent. To be honest its restored my faith in myself that I can still score well with good performances there.

I think my frustration with my form is really starting to show and Ive got to contain that and concentrate on getting my scoring right for Workington.

James reply from his FB racing page

[sarj seems anhonest guy , but although the track at workington may not be to his liking .

the starting system remains the same at all tracks in the uk . its not his racing thats fans are

getting sick of , its the constant jumping/breaking of the tapes /

we would like sarj to show us what he can really do and sit still at the tapes and pick a few riders off in his races .

he has something as other posters have said . but when is it going to come ?

if yer goalie keeps letting goals in . you replace him . we cant .

as a workington fan , i accept james,s apology and hope he can pull it around for the last few weeks , because

we really do need to finish on a high note . lets see what happens next week . sit still sarj .

• Like 2

i do actually , but not side by side. more nose to tail !

nice to see the blue oyster club gang sticking together on the like button LOL .who is next to join ben doon and phillip mcaverty ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3

Jenga, I bet you're the kind of person who uses two parking spaces.

like the quote

but jengas not the type of person most on thease forums think he is

Speak to a large majority and we'll tell you the same... Liam was put into an awful position of having to start in the top 5 when he should've been reserve... I'd personally have given him a chance at reserve to get confidence back!

The difference is speak to a large majority of comets fans and they hope sarjeant would never grace their track again! :rolleyes:

the team averages dictate where you ride

i agree liam carr isnt a bad rider and is really only a upcoming reserve but if he has a average that is above 2 others and not really good enough to ride in the body of the team as they call it then thats poor team building

Sorry mate but I've no idea what your opinion has to do with my post?

James was fined for gesturing to the fans and removing his helmet before the race was completed, nothing whatsoever to do with manipulating his average?

As for the last sentence, yes, you could very well be right, you cant say anything thesedays in jest or otherwise without being quoted by someone? ;)

Sorry pal my comments badly worded. Was trying to say firstly we get people on here suggesting James is deliberately dropping his average and my response being why would he deliberately lose money AND then I thought you were suggesting he was deliberately getting fined, so again why would he do that. It was my way of saying no one would deliberately go out and lose money so there has to be some other issues and I think he has tried to put his point of view in his statement

• Like 1

article on local papers website today in which james is apparantly apologising for his actions

Its on the previous page!

Perfect positioning by James ... apologises for lack of form with Comets ... but his average drops ... guests and he gets loads of points and money and guess what ... yeah his average is unaffected ...

DUH!!

Get rid

So I'm expecting double figures now for his guest booking lol

Edited by Olga
  • Like 2

Sorry pal my comments badly worded. Was trying to say firstly we get people on here suggesting James is deliberately dropping his average and my response being why would he deliberately lose money AND then I thought you were suggesting he was deliberately getting fined, so again why would he do that. It was my way of saying no one would deliberately go out and lose money so there has to be some other issues and I think he has tried to put his point of view in his statement

No probs mate, I dont want to see anybody do this job for nothing and lets face it, earning nothing pays the bills of F.A.? :D

James came in to help us out and it hasn't worked, the rules being as they are we're stuck with each other so why not just draw a line under it and see where we go? ;)

It's out in the open now, we all know where we stand, pressure is off, 10pts on Saturday James.......or else!!!! :D :D

No probs mate, I dont want to see anybody do this job for nothing and lets face it, earning nothing pays the bills of F.A.? :D

James came in to help us out and it hasn't worked, the rules being as they are we're stuck with each other so why not just draw a line under it and see where we go? ;)

It's out in the open now, we all know where we stand, pressure is off, 10pts on Saturday James.......or else!!!! :D :D

Like to think so,must be running out of tapes by now😀

Perfect positioning by James ... apologises for lack of form with Comets ... but his average drops ... guests and he gets loads of points and money and guess what ... yeah his average is unaffected ...

DUH!!

Get rid

So I'm expecting double figures now for his guest booking lol

a suppose his top score on Sunday was just to help pay his fine ? ;)

nice to see the blue oyster club gang sticking together on the like button LOL .who is next to join ben doon and phillip mcaverty ?

you not been in for a while mate, when are you gonna gis me 'boney m' cd back ???

• Like 1

talk to my lawyer .....

i thought that was part of the seperation deal , you keep the daqg and i keep the C.D.

talk to my lawyer !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

For Workington at Sheff

6. James Sarjeant - 2, 1, 0, 1*, EF = 4+1

For Glasgow at Sheff (Guest)

6. James Sarjeant (Guest) - 2, 3, 1, 1', 0, 3, 0 = 10+1

Classic- get rid

• Like 1