British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich 2nd Leg Po Sf 22/9 @ 7.30pm

Saturday week!

The perfect solution would be for the return leg to be on the Sunday at 3pm and for Ipswich to kindly organise a coach :-))

And of course a witches win 91-89

Edited by Bezza
  • Like 1

Need a lie down now but woooooo hooooo!

Shame couldnt be there - reckon there mustve been a great atmosphere.

Thats the sort of contest the sport needs. Close and hard fought and the result in doubt right to the end.

Bring on the final

well done Ipswich, little bit of self destruct creating a slick track not a lot of passing after back strait,and Rory loved it.A little bit of dirt might have made a big difference ,on saying that Davey could have raced all night and not scored a point never even at the races,poor.Eric Riss will be a top man I a couple of years IMO superb racer and in control.Very average crowd for such a big match IMO .

Well done ippo commiserations to Edinburgh, imho Edinburgh deserved a win after a hard season.

Can't wait to hear all the excuses from Louis over the two legs of the final NOT

1st leg confirmed as Foxhall this Saturday. I would have thought next Sunday 1st October for the return or worst case replace the Cup fixture 5th October but being the latter it would lose some momentum....

Apologies to Glasgow for making certain assumptions!!

I think we are under a little pressure due to the promotion/relegation met tings 9th/11th

I believe that Sunday 1st October there is stock car racing at Owlerton

1st leg confirmed as Foxhall this Saturday. I would have thought next Sunday 1st October for the return or worst case replace the Cup fixture 5th October but being the latter it would lose some momentum....

Apologies to Glasgow for making certain assumptions!!

I think we are under a little pressure due to the promotion/relegation met tings 9th/11th

They won't have raced the 2nd leg at Glasgow by this SAT.

I believe that Sunday 1st October there is stock car racing at Owlerton

Simple solution is just to use the cup dates for the play off final, if we get through, as the teams for the other semi final wont be sorted out this season anyway

Hardy to last night but fair play to Ipswich and good luck in the final.

Few things that went against us and went wrong over the two legs that have us cost us a place in the final.

Mark missing the first was a huge loss, then clegg going through the tapes in heat 2 last night. Then a horrendous refereeing decision in heat 8 when he excluded max Clegg. Costing us a 1-5 and a 0-5.

Now I have a lot of time and respect for Rory but he lost a lot of that after his move last night. Very dangerous and stupid and put him and max at risk like that.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Few things that went against us and went wrong over the two legs that have us cost us a place in the final.

Mark missing the first was a huge loss, then clegg going through the tapes in heat 2 last night. Then a horrendous refereeing decision in heat 8 when he excluded max Clegg. Costing us a 1-5 and a 0-5.

Now I have a lot of time and respect for Rory but he lost a lot of that after his move last night. Very dangerous and stupid and put him and max at risk like that.

Have to agree Rory knew what he was doing,very dangerous move IMO .
  • Like 1

can always come up with lots of what ifs for both sides.

The 2 heats in the rain at Foxhall really went against us and evened things up when we were pulling away comfotably.

The heat 8 Rory 'incident' was a re run after a possible lay down/stay down when staring at a 5-1 reverse anyway.

Monarchs report states Danny touched the tapes in heat 1 so the warning shouldve been an exclusion and instead it cost us in 13 when the Monarchs report says his jump was marginal (given the normal Monarchs slant in their reports Id say that means he was stock still and just made a blinder 😜)

So swings and roundabouts really.

A proper hard fought tie that couldve gone either way.

• Like 1

Was ultimately mission accomplished with Danny 'leave nothing out there' King having an absolute shocker! Although to be fair he's had some superb meetings for us.

Let's hope he can get it right for the final.

As others have said there were lots of 'if only's' for both sides over the 2 legs and it could have gone either way.

Anyway, onto the final against I'm sure will be the Tigers of the Sheffield variety where we will need a much larger lead than the one gained over the Monarch's to have a chance of the title!

Just watched the EMTV after meeting focus and needed to say what a fantastic production this is.

I hadnt seen much of this before outside the odd video clip and didnt realise the depth and quality of their efforts.

Top stuff and 👏👏👏 to Scott and all others involved. All clubs would benefit from having something even half as good in their promoting armoury.

• Like 3

Just watched the EMTV after meeting focus and needed to say what a fantastic production this is.

I hadnt seen much of this before outside the odd video clip and didnt realise the depth and quality of their efforts.

Top stuff and to Scott and all others involved. All clubs would benefit from having something even half as good in their promoting armoury.

Well said.

Scott & Graham put on a fantastic show every week before and after the matches.

They have a superb chatty style and so get really good relaxed interviews from the riders both home and away ones.

We look forward to watching them every week and hopefully the same next season.

I met both of them down at Ippo over the past couple of Monarchs visits and they are great guys.

• Like 1

Well said.

Scott & Graham put on a fantastic show every week before and after the matches.

They have a superb chatty style and so get really good relaxed interviews from the riders both home and away ones.

We look forward to watching them every week and hopefully the same next season.

I met both of them down at Ippo over the past couple of Monarchs visits and they are great guys.

Agree totally , been chatting to Scott for a few months now on the social media. Always sending previews and meeting reports to me on the MASSIF page when our two respective sides have clashed .

Shame he didn't make it down on Thursday but if the MASSIF can arrange it and we're still in the same leagues next year I'm sure a little trip north could be on the cards.

As Mr Fueltaps has said if more clubs did something along those lines on the various social media formats it could maybe generate a whole new generation of fans .

• Like 1

A lot of ifs, buts, maybes. Don't think Edinburgh has had a meeting when 5 riders have been on form this season. Bit of a nightmare night for Mitchell, lacklustre. Can't fault Josh Pickering's efforts but needs to remember he has 4 laps in a race. Big decisions re team make up for 2018. Hope both Riss boys are back.

• Like 1