Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Are any Monarchs fans concerned about Mark Riss starting off in a heat leader position?

I'm concerned about the whole make up of this team which appears to have a lot of gambles among the six named so far. Having lost Sam Masters, we are proposing to replace him with an unknown or a rider languishing on a 5 or so average. Seriously weakened from 2017, however you look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I'm concerned about the whole make up of this team which appears to have a lot of gambles among the six named so far. Having lost Sam Masters, we are proposing to replace him with an unknown or a rider languishing on a 5 or so average. Seriously weakened from 2017, however you look at it.

Obviously it could go either way with Edinburgh this year . They thought they had pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Becker , but that move was scuppered and that was a huge blow . That could have been the signing which could have turned them into serious contenders . 

As it is , it's still not a bad side . Wells , while not an out and out number 1 , is a reliable enough top end performer . And there's no reason why Erik Riss cant improve again and possibly even challenge for the number 1 race jacket . 

The younger Riss struggled after moving out of reserve last season , but he has not reached his level yet and you would expect a point or two onto his average . 

Big season for Pickering , and starting at reserve will help . Likewise Williamson improved at Workington last year and no reason why that cant continue . Andersson is the unknown and could be anything . 

5.25 left for the final rider will maybe mean another foreign newcomer will fill the last position . 

They don't immediately strike you as a top 4 side , but it wouldn't need too much improvement from two or three riders for that to change . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very fair assessment Paulco. 

I fully expect Erik to take the no. 1 spot comfortably. 

Should be very strong at reserve all season. 

BTW Mark is the elder brother. By a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be the year when Erik really flourishes, any spell at number one could be the making of him. Quite disappointed that my team didn't go for him to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This could be the year when Erik really flourishes, any spell at number one could be the making of him. Quite disappointed that my team didn't go for him to be honest.

I really rate Erik, every time I’ve seen him ride he’s impressed me. I see no reason why he can be a Championship number 1 this season.

The rest of the Edinburgh team is full of risks but could actually work if whoever is in reserve scores big points while there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree I thought Williamson was a strange signing but all in all a decent team depending on who the 7th rider is, big fan of Erik and as a gater Ricky will be fine as a top 2 and with 2 more cracking talents in Andersson and Pickering they should do well I think, can actually see them getting top 4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Zaine Kennedy would not be a bad choice what about Danny Aryres would not be a bad signing and a strong reserve .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Greg said:

 Zaine Kennedy would not be a bad choice what about Danny Aryres would not be a bad signing and a strong reserve .

I would be disappointed if Danny Ayres was the seventh rider. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg said:

 Zaine Kennedy would not be a bad choice what about Danny Aryres would not be a bad signing and a strong reserve .

Get real please. We are looking for a secret weapon as the 7th signing, not a numpty at reserve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Have to agree I thought Williamson was a strange signing but all in all a decent team depending on who the 7th rider is, big fan of Erik and as a gater Ricky will be fine as a top 2 and with 2 more cracking talents in Andersson and Pickering they should do well I think, can actually see them getting top 4.

a happy motivated matt williamsan will be a decent reserve and if he gets to grips with the track he will gain confidence and improve his average

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See that the chatzone is closing down, shame, but hardly surprising given the lack of posts on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minutes  silence  for the  Chatzone  /  Chatroom. 

Wonderful  service  run by  ML and Dekker  and a sad  loss. Definitely  enjoyed  the  banter there  during a magnificent  run, and all  the  texting  from  Monarchs  fans  up and  down the  country.  Have a graceful  retirement  Caroline, and a few  beaujolais  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy