British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

It's a well known fact that Chapman has little time for Ged and was just waiting for this opportunity.

I agree that Ged is the solely to blame for this but to put such a high price on the penalties involved is nothing short of ridiculous . Yes he should be punished for what he has done but £40,000+ . If it was football or another high profile sport yes but this is speedway with clubs struggling to survive as it is . Yes I am angry fans put a lot of money up front for the survival of the club and at the end of the day we may lose everything .

The severity of the fine is dependant on the gain from the misdemeanor.

I have no idea what the deal from Torun was, or indeed what the fine actually, however the fine HAS to outweigh any financial payment or the perceived financial gain from "deals/favours" etc. Otherwise where is the deterrent for the future?

So until you can state what Ged gained from the situation you can't complain about the level of fine!

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 4

SCB statement re Ged now published.

Fine matches the monies received.

Free admission to first 2018 fixture.

The severity of the fine is dependant on the gain from the misdemeanor.

I have no idea what the deal from Torun was, or indeed what the fine actually, however the fine HAS to outweigh any financial payment or the perceived financial gain from "deals/favours" etc. Otherwise where is the deterrent for the future?

So until you can state what Ged gained from the situation you can't complain about the level of fine!

Just read the report on SGB website Ged fined the same amount as what he received from Poland . I hold my hands up and have to say he has got what he deserves It's no good complaining about the size of the fine , he has broken the rules and deserves his punishment . My main concern is where does this leave Panthers fans who put quite a lot of money up front for the club to survive should Ged refuse to pay the fine as the showground will not deal with any other would be promoter.

• Like 3

So it isn't a problem then, hand the money over. He should have been fined more as a deterrent for the future.

• Like 2

So it isn't a problem then, hand the money over. He should have been fined more as a deterrent for the future.

Totally agree what’s the issue here? Hand over the money you received Ged to pay the fine. He’s not going to be out of pocket is he?

Agree on the second point too, probably should have been more!

• Like 2

Ged shouldn't hand anything over.

That's Peterborough Speedway's money.

BSPA are acting like a mafia organisation.

Walk away and let the club close down, I'd rather that happen than a single penny go to Chapman.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Walk away and let the club close down, I'd rather that happen than a single penny go to Chapman.

Get your facts right, It is the Speedway Control Board who have fined Peterborough not the British Speedway Promotors Association....nothing to do with Chapman, incidentally it is not a fine, they are just recovering the bribe money Peterborough illegally received from Poland....surely that is only righ and proper ?

The money ain't the issue.

The agreement with Torun was according to the promotion "to the benefit of all concerned".

No it wasn't. I am only one fan but it didn't benefit me. And I'm not a Peterborough supporter. There are such things as contractual obligations. There is a level of trust with the public. I was treated with contempt and I won't go away. Principles for sale? Not on my watch.

• Like 2

so Ged robbed the British speedway fans of seeing Mr. Holder. The authorities have fined him the same amount of money that he got bunged for doing it. So hopefully the money raised from the fine should get shared out equally between the fans that never got to see Mr. Holder in action. That sounds fair anuf to me.

unless Ged has spent the bung and is gonna do a runner ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

At last we have some 'meat on the bone' putting an end to speculation. Pay up Ged, learn from your mistake and move on...

• Like 2

I always knew you were a stupid ba***rd.

• Like 1

Maybe the fine is reflective of the rewards gained by the Peterborough Promotion. If you cant do the time, don't do the crime.

Excellent spot on. Time to cough and get on with it.

free admission for the first meeting is very harsh punishment,after a long winter with no income promoters are desperate to get some significant early season income, could be a real blow,could ask fans to make a voluntary donation on their way in hopefully most would pay their normal price

• Like 1