British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Ko Cup 1/4 Final 1st Leg Fri Oct 6th 2017@7-30pm

Why are Newcastle using Ryan McDonald instead of asset and official no8 Josh Embleton ?

I don't know. Maybe he can't get time off work to get there in time (only a possibility, as I say I don't actually know the answer)?

Rob Shuttleworth had been named in the team at Belle Vue.

By the time Jack Smith was declared fit it as too late for Rob to get to Lakeside with distance from Cumbria tomLakeside so he ended up named as the no 8

See the Glasgow Supporters Club have had to cancel their bus, then mini bus, to Newcastle due to lack of interest. If it had been held in may when it should have been raced Newcastle would have had 100s travelling down from Glasgow :cry: . As they say a lose lose situation :sad:

• Like 3

Yeah a tragic ending to the season. Any self respecting governing body would be looking at the shambolic scheduling this season and this tie taking half a year, and saying this must never happen again.

Teams have to be Forced to schedule whether they effing like it or not. there should be dates for all meetings on the basis of original scheduled dates, or cup rounds, penalties for failing to meet obligations.

And a guy in charge with the power to say 'tough!'

See the Glasgow Supporters Club have had to cancel their bus, then mini bus, to Newcastle due to lack of interest. If it had been held in may when it should have been raced Newcastle would have had 100s travelling down from Glasgow :cry: . As they say a lose lose situation :sad:

that is truly pathetic.

• Like 2

Everyone is just fed up with a complete and utter shambolic season.

The events at Berwick didn't help the morale of the team or fan's on a team level. In all my years watching speedway for the first time I can't be bothered attending a sad reflection on how the season has went . and I imagine I will not be the only one feeling this way,

• Like 4

You also have it in the speedway Regulations that Championship takes priority over National except for NLRC, yet apparently the BSPA MC have overruled that rule and state Bewley and Smith ride in the NL.

What is the point.

Ludicrous

We have our disagreements, but not over this one. The rulebook is pretty firm - Championship (and Premiership) take priority over NL except the Riders' Championship.

The riders should be at Glasgow tomorrow, not Belle Vue.

Otherwise why bother having a rulebook.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 5

We have our disagreements, but not over this one. The rulebook is pretty firm - Championship (and Premiership) take priority over NL expect the Riders' Championship.

All the best

Rob

Can't help thinking this is proof that our promotional team, despite being awfully nice blokes, have no clout where it matters. Looks as if we are also about to get shafted when it comes to next season. Rumours suggest a 12 team Premiership, racing only on Mondays and Thursdays - probably the existing 8 plus winner of promotion play-off which is likely to be Sheffield plus Lakeside (licence on ice). Have also read that based on geography if nothing else, Ipswich and Peterborough are likely to move up. That leaves Glasgow, Edinburgh (rumours of licence going on ice for a year), Berwick, Newcastle (threat of closure in this weeks Star), Redcar, Scunthorpe (well done for keeping on going despite poor crowds), Leicester, Workington (virtually certain to close) as being contenders for the Championship. So only 8 teams with possibly up to 2 closing or moving down to the NL. The only chance of NL teams moving up would be reducing the points limit/standard of racing and I can't see teams like Eastbourne wanting to travel up to Glasgow and Edinburgh. So whatever happens Glasgow and the other Championship teams will be sacrificed to ensure a few 'superstars' can ride in the UK.

Can really see the Facennas chucking it and renting the stadium to anyone daft enough to try and run speedway in a professional manner.

• Like 2

We have our disagreements, but not over this one. The rulebook is pretty firm - Championship (and Premiership) take priority over NL expect the Riders' Championship.

All the best

Rob

Slightly different I know, but when the Diamonds signed Steve Worrall, they were told they would have first call on him over Belle Vue - until Mr Vatcher decided otherwise. Pointless having a rulebook, only for those in 'authority' to change the rules.

• Like 2

Biased I know but never mind what league it is but what match is more important a KOC quarter final or a play off semi final.I think this the only reason that the Nat league clubs have priority this time.

I have followed the Colts all season and I would like to have a chance to see them win the league I think you all would if in the same position.More so with the rules leaving us without our top 4 in the away leg.

All the best

Rob

The rulebook is a total crock of Shyte and has been for ages, I am told by the SCB that team line ups can be changed by the BSPA MC and this has clearly happened in this case.

Makes you wonder what other rules they can ride roughshod over.

• Like 2

I can't see the Facennas throwing the towel in just yet but they surely must ask questions on the ameturish manner that the sport is being run.

It is no use having forward thinking promotions attracting fans if they are going to be undermined at every turn by the mickey mouse prima donnas ruining the sport.

• Like 6

The muppet in charge if the BSPA says he wants a simpler rule book. Then he lets rules get ignored.

WE DON'T WANT A SIMPLER RULE BOOK, WE WANT THE ONE WE HAVE ADHERED TO!

Edinburgh (rumours of licence going on ice for a year),

First I've heard of that one.

All I've heard is at least 1 more year at Armadiddle.