British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackadder

Sheffield V Leicester Prom./rel. Play Offs 1st & 2nd Legs

Put up some sort of show.!!!! If what you say is reflective of the actual position such meetings are a farce.

like i said the FOUR lower end sheffield boys could NEVER be expected to compete against a team full of (championship) No.1s and heat leaders'that's a fact not an embarrassment

To be fair they have won the league and the pairs and are still in the KOC, what on Earth have Sheffield supporters got to complain about.

I can think of a lot of Championship clubs who would have liked a season they are currently having.

• Like 8

So these ridiculous theories and abusive comments have found there way onto social media and even into emails to Sheffield speedway! Unbelievable!

To bring a statement out like that, they must of had some disgraceful comments/messages/emails... Lost for words!

Can't imagine what the bates family are probably feeling right now, after the serious amount of graft, time and work they have put in to both clubs.. To keep Leicester speedway alive and to bring silverware back to Sheffield after 15 years.

• Like 8

Same old Trolls having a go at the Sheffield Promotion. The one that has won the league for the first time in 15 years. Keep going - you may actually get them to throw their teddies away and close it

• Like 1

Thing is, the people who find it difficult to distinguish which is their right foot and which is their left. Come on social media and think they can say the first thought that enters their head. Doesn't matter if it is true/made up or offends other people.

• Like 1

Spinny have you ever seen Josh Bates ride the white line ?

Also how come the same Sheffield riders have beaten all bar one of tonights Leicester team numerous times in recent weeks but couldnt tonight ?

Who knows, maybe the Leicester raised their game.

Lets face it King raised his game in the Pairs the day before compared to the meetings he rode for Ipswich.

In a season when we there have so many positives and things to celebrate I can forgive one performance even though as I have stated that the cards were heavily stack against us.

And as for those who seem to think that the meeting was somehow rigged or fixed totally and utter cobblers, if they had rigged it they would have made so that the scoreline was close so get more interest in the second leg at Leicester, this will have cost Damien Bates an arm and leg because Sheffield fans are less likely to travel.

And I ask you a question now, how come we only ever hear from you on here when there is a negative?

• Like 3

Sick and shameful. These trolls should get back to doing what they do best, which is sponging off the State, thieving and licking the sewers. The Promotions were placed in an unenviable position by a decision that wasn't thought through properly at the BSPA AGM last November.

I hope there is enough evidence that could lead to legal proceedings against the trolls.

Don't let them win, because Sheffield have had their best season for a long time. Keep up the good work, and thank you for your efforts.

Top and bottom of it Sheffield we re always up against it missing josh g and howarth even with them both firing on all cylinders I reckon we would have still lost for anyone to suggest a fix rubbish

The main difference was and is the reserve s poor g wood tried his best but was a lamb to the slaughter against heeps and Newman Jan grav gave it is best shot

The Leicester lads we re quicker out of the starts and better end of

Not too sure I want top league racing next year all in all we ve had some good racing this year at Sheffield in the second tier

If we ve got to have promotion and relegation let the top team go up and bottom team come down the team going up will have to strengthen up to compete at the higher level the team coming down losing riders

You only hear from me at times like this because there is more going on in my life than this forum , I come on when I feel the need to ... unlike some.

If SHeffield genuinely want to go up like they were saying in the pre match hype , why dont they apply to go up after Mondays second leg ?

Bet they dont !

Must admit at no point last night did I think I was watching a fixed meeting, just a bit of a farce due to the mistaken thinking that promotion/relegation would work.

• Like 2

for goodness sake, anybody even hinting at the meeting being fixed need to get in the real world.leicester were stronger and quicker on the night end of.nobody knows what is going to happen with the league structure next year until after the a.g.m.as for slating the team following last night that is utterly ridiculous.this promotion have worked miracles with both clubs in such a short space of time.we loose one meeting and all the doom merchants come out of the woodwork.for goodness sake, this season has been spectacular and i have enjoyed every single meeting at home this year and quite a few away.i said before the season started that this promotion have been like a breath of fresh air to the club and have put together a very very good side and they have had some fine racing also at b.park.we need to get behind the team for the remainder of the season and for goodness sake stop insulting this promotions intelligence.u.t.t

• Like 5

You only hear from me at times like this because there is more going on in my life than this forum , I come on when I feel the need to ... unlike some.

If SHeffield genuinely want to go up like they were saying in the pre match hype , why dont they apply to go up after Mondays second leg ?

Bet they dont !

Let's get real. if Sheffield wanna go up they'll go up, if they wanna stay down they'll stay down. Regardless of the result of this meeting it has absolutely no final say on what we do. In reality what comes from the AGM will more than likely decide our fate. If it's going to to be fixed nights of Monday & Thursdays for the premiership then we'll more than likely go up.

But daft conspiracy theories from the tinfoil hat brigade don't help, especially after the incredible season we've just had! I'm not the type to say "be lucky you've just got a team to support"- often that's just covering up for promoters short comings- but we're bloody lucky at Sheffield with what we've got and should always have in mind the way it could've gone had it not been for the Bates', Peter Mole and others behind the scenes who haven't just saved Sheffield speedway, but made it the force it once was.

Edited by skj
  • Like 6

i also couldn't believe the season ticket holders (of which i,m one) moaning about having to pay to see last nights meeting.this was the first meeting that we had to pay for apart from the pairs, which was a b.s.p.a event anyway.what do you want, blood?ipswich,apparantly,started to charge season ticket holders at the semis stage albeit with a couple of quid reduction.