British Speedway Forum

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get about it. Seriously, what is the point of actually bothering to try and ride well when you just get stuffed up for doing it.

If anyone really wonders why Poole Chuck the odd match away, or Coventry got Chris Harris to drop points to keep his average low, here is the reason. Right here.

You accept that if you are at the top of the league you will have to shed a few points the following year, but for the clubs to vote for something that is going to stuff the enthusiasm of fans at a club like Swindon annoys me so much.

It's not just about team strength, it's about keeping continuity going at a club. Such a shame, and I just hope that whichever rider gets palmed off to one of the happy-voter clubs comes back again.

Of course, nobody from those clubs is bothered about the effect this has on Swindon and their supporters. If ever there was a case for having proper rules that don't change every year as teams make up new ones that suit themselves, this is it.

Spot on Grachan 👍

Pretty much sums up my feelings towards the sport at the moment..

• Like 2

Look at how it used to work for Torun when they had Darcy, Chris & Greg in nearly every heat together at the end of the meeting.

One word for the AGM, Bo..ocks😡😡

• Like 1

witches promoter stated today..."the changes made are what the fans wanted, we listened".....his own fans in a newspaper poll

voted 84% to move up to the premiership.....still listening??

• Like 5

Overall sounds a decend agm. Dont like t/s in heat 14. Guess the one over8 is to stop clubs grabbing two over 8s while another club cant attract one. Sounds fair.

I agree regarding the one 8 point plus rider.

8 teams in the league

7 riders averaged over 8 plus Vaculik, means that they all have the chance to ride for an Premiership team.

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get about it. Seriously, what is the point of actually bothering to try and ride well when you just get stuffed up for doing it.

If anyone really wonders why Poole Chuck the odd match away, or Coventry got Chris Harris to drop points to keep his average low, here is the reason. Right here.

You accept that if you are at the top of the league you will have to shed a few points the following year, but for the clubs to vote for something that is going to stuff the enthusiasm of fans at a club like Swindon annoys me so much.

It's not just about team strength, it's about keeping continuity going at a club. Such a shame, and I just hope that whichever rider gets palmed off to one of the happy-voter clubs comes back again.

Of course, nobody from those clubs is bothered about the effect this has on Swindon and their supporters. If ever there was a case for having proper rules that don't change every year as teams make up new ones that suit themselves, this is it.

As much as Wolves will be able to track a strong side the same principle applies here.

Freddie Lindgren and Jacob Thorssell have never ridden for another club in the UK and have no desire to do so.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 6

That's true but I remember people moaning about the t/s at the time for that reason.

People are stupid. They moan about things for the sake of moaning half the time

I agree regarding the one 8 point plus rider.

8 teams in the league

7 riders averaged over 8 plus Vaculik, means that they all have the chance to ride for an Premiership team.

Does not mean that at all ...Doyle etc might not ride in the uk ...Making a rule that possibly could rule out a World Champion in the uk is madness .

• Like 2

Hes about 6.9 from memory.

Thanks for that, that does surprise me but I guess that was a few seasons ago when he wasn't as good as he is now. Seems like a bargain to me then, but I guess no one will pay enough to get the likes of him over here.

Its rider control in a different guise and makes sense when you have a league of only 8 clubs.

If in 2019 there are twice as many 8 pointers then the rules will change.

• Like 3

if it's the same as the old rule once you are 6 points behind you can use any rider in you 1-7 once in between heats 5 and 14

Let's hope it's common sense and it's as you were.

Does not mean that at all ...Doyle etc might not ride in the uk ...Making a rule that possibly could rule out a World Champion in the uk is madness .

Would Swindon drop Doyle in favour of Morris?

I very much doubt it, but the point I am making there are places for riders who did average over 8 just means it might not be the first team of their choice.

Thanks for that, that does surprise me but I guess that was a few seasons ago when he wasn't as good as he is now. Seems like a bargain to me then, but I guess no one will pay enough to get the likes of him over here.

7.34 I think was the figure for Piotr.

Would Swindon drop Doyle in favour of Morris?

I very much doubt it, but the point I am making there are places for riders who did average over 8 just means it might not be the first team of their choice.

By the look at the press releases I expect they might .Add to that to the fact that Thorsell is likely to miss the el as well if he does not get a place at wolves. If the rule was somehow make to sure over 8 point riders got shared around it's looklike it's going to fail.

The one 8 pointer rule has been brought in to share the top riders around.

Let's say that Swindon go with Doyle and Wolves go with Lindgren. What other team is going to sign Thorsell - who is great around Monmore Green and not so good elsewhere (and coming back from serious injury)? What team is going to sign Morris - who has a high average from not riding at number 1?

So far from sharing riders around it ensures that at least 2 of the top riders will probably not ride in the Premiership next year - which makes me very angry.

So Morris' reward for having a fantastic season - he will have to ride in the Championship for the season unless one of the big stars are injured and he gets the call. Total madness when you think that Swindon would almost certainly build a team around Doyle and Morris!

Edited by Steve0

I'd suggest that if Doyle doesn't ride in the UK in 2018 it will have far more to do with wage demands than any rule introduced at the AGM.