British Speedway Forum

If 8 point plus riders are all vying for a team place The clubs can dictate the finances of those riders,result reduced costs,.I

Yeah sure. Then when you offer them less than they want they'll just say, "no thanks, won't bother then", do that 2 or 3 times and suddenly the 8 point riders left are as much in demand as they would have been without the rule.

So the bottom 4 clubs voted for only one 8 point rider. And with belle vue not getting a vote that left it a 4-3 win for the one 8 point rider, if any of the bottom 4 don't sign a rider with an average of 8 or higher then what was the point

Joke and this was around when Matt started and the Frost etc only in speedway you can invest so much money but can't have a say for 3 years!!

They did alter this rule in 1999 but It went to a vote, it was passed but takes 100 years to take effect 😁 This is due to the importance of trying to make common sense and good decisions difficult.

You aren't the first person to say Thorssell is poor and wrong as well.

His away average is 7.55 (8.19 with BP).

Speedway star have him listed as 6th in away averages, above Hans, Bjerre, Harris, Holder, Fricke, Holder, Kurtz, Nicholls, Lambert, King. Of all the listed above 8 for next season Jacob is 5th in away averages.

I think we can all see that Jacob isn't poor away.

I didn't say he was poor - I said he was not as good away. Whether poor or not I would be surprised if any team wanted him as their number 1 with an 8+ average.

I didn't say he was poor - I said he was not as good away. Whether poor or not I would be surprised if any team wanted him as their number 1 with an 8+ average.

I wouldn't. A rider who finished 6th in the away averages is likely to be snapped up in a shot.

I wouldn't. A rider who finished 6th in the away averages is likely to be snapped up in a shot.

I agree the last few times I have seen him he has been very good, virtually unbeatable at Wolves and very good at Poole too. I think he is very much improved and would be excellent as a number one.

• Like 1

It's not 1.2. I got that wrong because someone was touting a 1.2 conversion rate elsewhere and it stuck in my head.

1.25 would be right though. Last years pl was 1.25 times stronger than the cl

No mention of how many double ups, race format. Nothing really.

With fixed race nights surely you should be allowed 7 double ups if u want?

No mention of how many double ups, race format. Nothing really.

With fixed race nights surely you should be allowed 7 double ups if u want?

Reserves have only ever had 3 rides, because the other reserve replaced them.

Up til 1986 I think it was they could have only two rides

I agree the last few times I have seen him he has been very good, virtually unbeatable at Wolves and very good at Poole too. I think he is very much improved and would be excellent as a number one.

I think Thorssell and Morris are two fine examples of keeping the faith both are excellent riders.
  • Like 2

Yeah sure. Then when you offer them less than they want they'll just say, "no thanks, won't bother then", do that 2 or 3 times and suddenly the 8 point riders left are as much in demand as they would have been without the rule.

And less 8 point men means that the 'stock' will rise for seven point men...

In 42.5 points you can have 'quite a few' riders between seven and eight points..

And all will know their worth....

• Like 1

It amazes me people still keep banging on about the fixed race nights was to entice the top stars back.... No it wasn't! It was to solve the doubling up and riders missing every week nonsense!

absolutely = do they think promoters have a Teresa May money tree? I believe the idea is to make the teams closer with a view to making the racing closer - although i know that doesn't always follow, that i believe is the aim. Plus d2 sides can continue to use d1 riders without the horrendous fixture clashes

absolutely = do they think promoters have a Teresa May money tree? I believe the idea is to make the teams closer with a view to making the racing closer - although i know that doesn't always follow, that i believe is the aim. Plus d2 sides can continue to use d1 riders without the horrendous fixture clashes

Let's see if this re-distribution of rider strengths ( and no double up clashes, r/r squit etc ) brings about the closer racing that most fans feel they are not getting enough of to make speedway in the UK VFM. Fingers crossed that it does! If it fails to satisfy the existing fanbase then it is unlikely to attract much of new following.

Only by fools.

Signing a No 1 based upon an average achieved at No 4 is risky in the extreme.

Let's see if this re-distribution of rider strengths ( and no double up clashes, r/r squit etc ) brings about the closer racing that most fans feel they are not getting enough of to make speedway in the UK VFM. Fingers crossed that it does! If it fails to satisfy the existing fanbase then it is unlikely to attract much of new following.

Ah the old myth.

Yep, racing was much closer when Hans Nielsen was racing David Haynes back in the late 80's.

Big difference between riding at no 4 and at no 1.

Making that step up AND changing track would be a gamble for teams taking him on.

• Like 1

I think Thorssell and Morris are two fine examples of keeping the faith both are excellent riders.

Yet the teams that stuck with them are being denied using them, what a way to treat loyalty.

• Like 3

Yet the teams that stuck with them are being denied using them, what a way to treat loyalty.

why cant the bspa explain this ? What a waste of an agm which promised so much and gave so little
  • Like 1

It's already Tuesday so there will definitely be a Rule Adjustment out very soon. allowing all sorts of riders to ride for all sorts of clubs, under a wide variety of circumstances.