Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, foamfence said:

I think you might find Ellis Perks is heading north from Aus.

People forget that Ellis left the Redcar club with a few issues last year. He went home early to OZ before the end of the season without permission when they still had a chance of the play offs. He also went off to be reserve in the U21 championships and was not fully up front with the club. He could have ridden for the club and made it back and forth to the championships as many of the other riders did. After all he was only reserve. Maybe that is why he was not on the clubs wanted list this year. Plus he did tail off towards the end off the season when he moved up in to the main body of the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan's a little diamond, he'll do well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slyfox said:

People forget that Ellis left the Redcar club with a few issues last year. He went home early to OZ before the end of the season without permission when they still had a chance of the play offs. He also went off to be reserve in the U21 championships and was not fully up front with the club. He could have ridden for the club and made it back and forth to the championships as many of the other riders did. After all he was only reserve. Maybe that is why he was not on the clubs wanted list this year. Plus he did tail off towards the end off the season when he moved up in to the main body of the team. 

Amazing how wrong quite a few of these points are , so maybe post facts and not gossip about the situation , for one we could not have made play offs via the last Sheffield meeting Ellis missed, it was mathematically impossible,  he was up front with the club about the u21 championships Ellis had only 2 bikes , how was he meant to ride in Redcar Thursday and be in Germany in pocking 17hrs Drive non-stop for practice Friday midday ? Think being chosen for you country is big honour and Ellis took it seriously, he was also only reserve for the final in rybnik in Poland but actually took Bewleys last 3 rides , Ellis made an effort to get back to Newcastle on the Sunday and it actually cost him and myself to fly back to make the meeting for Redcar at brough Park , he borrowed bikes from Rafal Konopka in Poland to ride for the final , but unfortunately we don’t know anyone in Germany to do that so his bikes were in uk for Redcar meeting , unless you can think of any other way of getting 2 bikes from Redcar on Thursday evening to pocking in Germany the next day quicker than road , be my guest and maybe you could have offered to buy Ellis a couple bikes as he certainly didn’t have money to do so , Dan had 2 more bikes so he is able to fly in and his father and Steve Lawson drove his extra equipment over. Just thought I would clear that up for you , if you want any more explanation, feel free to pm me and we can discuss it over the phone Via facts

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boz said:

Berge in for Kus, and Greaves in for Busch on a 28 day contract:

http://redcarbears.co/2018/06/04/bears-bring-in-two/

Good signings - always liked Berge when he was at Owlerton and couldn't understand why we didn't make an effort to retain his services. Nathan is a much-improved rider since he was with us. Hope these two bring a change of fortunes at Teeside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge thumps up to the promotion for bringing in Berge, always liked him and he should be a good third heat-leader. With Jorgensen we suddenly look quite strong. The Andersons at second string is very good, and Stewart is outstanding at reserve, and nice to see Greaves get his chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel berge may struggle a bit to begin with what’s he like round Berwick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

berge is very good at Berwick.  He has never had a second season with any club despite generally increasing his average. I believe he is a temperamental character.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never completed the seaon at Berwick ,seemed completely disinterested was just going through the motions.IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Good signings - always liked Berge when he was at Owlerton and couldn't understand why we didn't make an effort to retain his services. Nathan is a much-improved rider since he was with us. Hope these two bring a change of fortunes at Teeside.

Berge was good  at Sheffield but the chance to sign Lasse Bjerre on a lower average was a greater pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

berge is very good at Berwick.  He has never had a second season with any club despite generally increasing his average. I believe he is a temperamental character.  

Very good at Berwick? He certainly wasn’t last season when he rode for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Badge said:

Nathan's a little diamond, he'll do well for you.

Always been a fan of Nathan. Said many times I would love to see him in a Bears race jacket. Got my wish, albeit only for 28 days....or maybe longer...I hope so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 2:05 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Which is his most recent average no matter how you put it...

So Nathan Greaves must be on a 3.89 ave then (2.99 x 1.3) - seems like a bargain! Bears should keep him for the season!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So Nathan Greaves must be on a 3.89 ave then (2.99 x 1.3) - seems like a bargain! Bears should keep him for the season!

Greaves has his chance and hope his does well, his line of the fourth corner is excellent, but if Busch is back I don't see him staying - at the end of the day Busch is an asset and a better rider, and there is little chance of MBA, JBA or Stewart making way for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t know if I’d want Greaves or Busch , but in all honesty Jonas has had a pretty poor start 

Edited by SuperBear
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy