British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

There won't be many teams go Wolverhampton and score 40+. Shame no point but encouraging all the same. 

Exactly,    How many time do you see a Ref give terrible decisions .     Sometimes they are unbelievable....

Disappointed that the Stars went so close and missed out on a point .      Still not to worry....

NB.  Looking at the results and heat details  I think Lynn did OK .    We scored more than other teams had done this year at Monmore Green.   and can easily  see areas where we could do better next time.   It would be easy to point a finger at those who didn't perform as you would have expected,  but there were a lot of positives to take on board.  

Its still early doors, but I see no reason why we cant be competing for those  precious PO places come the end of the season...

Edited by g13webb
NB added...

Pretty good scoreline for the Stars,although being carried by Lambert again and Proctor really.I really hope Iveresen can find his form.By far the quickest time of the night but it seems if he doesn't gate at the moment he's a beaten man.Is it confidence,lost his bottle i don't know but we need him back on form with him carrying that 9pt average.Andersen 3+1 from 3 not bad for his first visit to Monmore.Didn't expect a point before the match but after getting so close i'm disappointed.

Lynn deffo ain't a wooden spoon team after tonight. I admit it thought the gap would be a bit wider.

Well done Lambo...I wonder if the training of reaction times have helped him. Hope Lynn keep it up on that front. Ty solid again. Once NKI gets going, we should be ok.

Hard track to go to and get heat wins. Have to mention Rory, he's on fire. Must be top of the aves by a long way?

No surprise at the result, with Iversen well below his usual form.

A good win for the table toppers tho. 

Another competitive away showing which is pleasing. Just need to get Neils up to speed which is a matter of when and not if. Robert looks like he means business this year.

Hats off to Rory. 

When will all these maximum hauls from Schlien see him replaced by Lindgren?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Lindgren can only replace Thorssell....

5 hours ago, Col said:

3 hours ago, Boffy said:

Lindgren can only replace Thorssell....

I may have missed something but does the rule still stand that a rider who was in the previous season's 1-7 and doesn't start the following season can't be introduced during that season?:blink:

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

I may have missed something but does the rule still stand that a rider who was in the previous season's 1-7 and doesn't start the following season can't be introduced during that season?:blink:

Yes it does but it also says unless permission granted by the mc, I would have thought that would be in the case of a long term injury

8 hours ago, Col said:

Be madness to replace Schlein, even with Lindgren. Schlein is always consistent and very reliable. If Wolverhampton wants Lindgren back in it would have to be Thorsell that goes. 

Schlein adds so much more to the team than just being a rider scoring points. He puts his heart and soul into every club he represents.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Be madness to replace Schlein, even with Lindgren. Schlein is always consistent and very reliable. If Wolverhampton wants Lindgren back in it would have to be Thorsell that goes. 

Schlein adds so much more to the team than just being a rider scoring points. He puts his heart and soul into every club he represents.

Totally agree regarding Schlein, people scoffed at me when I said he may be the one to challenge Jacob for the no 1 slot but it looks likely to happen now

51 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Totally agree regarding Schlein, people scoffed at me when I said he may be the one to challenge Jacob for the no 1 slot but it looks likely to happen now

No, people said if we end up with Schlein as our No 1 at season end, we'll be absolutely nowhere. I still stand by that.

He's riding at No 4 at present. 

It's not at home where the questions needs to be answered, it's on the road.. where at the first time of asking, we didn't come up with the goods.

Long way to go yet though and more positives than negatives so far on the season.

11 hours ago, Col said:

His ave is to high 10.74 :P