British Speedway Forum
highside

Newcastle vs Sheffield 29/4/2018

cracking result from the jawdees . 

shame about baby bares  input tonight . maybe needs another crew/tuner around him. pretty bad for an early season meeting , nachinary wise . could be on last seasons gear !

jason g a ggod guest for kyle h . kyle would have scored the same .

but ashley morris . what a start to the season he is having . keep it going ash  :D

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

cracking result from the jawdees . 

shame about baby bares  input tonight . maybe needs another crew/tuner around him. pretty bad for an early season meeting , nachinary wise . could be on last seasons gear !

jason g a ggod guest for kyle h . kyle would have scored the same .

but ashley morris . what a start to the season he is having . keep it going ash  :D

Well done Newcastle excellent result , special mention for Ashley Morris , always knew this lad had something about him and suggested to Tsunami that he would be a good choice when Diamonds were looking for a replacement rider in 2016 after Panthers wrongly sacked him IMO.

• Like 1

Fair play to the Diamonds did a job on us tonight.

I think we now might have handed Scunny the top of the table and we will probably go through as the best 2nd placed team.

I think that we really need to look at the Josh Bates situation because we are not getting the points from his R/R rides at the moment, and if he is not back very soon we really need to consider bringing in another rider, will be interesting to see what happens regarding Mason Campton, because I think Bradley Wilson Dean would capable of filling in the void left by Josh.

The other slight concern at the moment is Lasse Bjerre not completed a race tonight and generally started this season pretty slowly, but I seem to remember he did last season, so although I am concerned it is only slightly.

Fundamentally I think the team is okay and competitive and one win or one loss does not define a season and we will be back a wounded Tiger is a dangerous animal.

But we do need to sort out the rider replacement situation sooner rather than later.      

Well done to Newcastle a good win. Lasse did not finish a race ,  and that is not good enough. One race the bike can have a problem but to not finish a race,sorry not on . Did he not have a spare bike.  Anyway onwards and upwards, the posh next up and that should be a cracker. utt  

Just now, graz gp said:

Well done to Newcastle a good win. Lasse did not finish a race ,  and that is not good enough. One race the bike can have a problem but to not finish a race,sorry not on . Did he not have a spare bike.  Anyway onwards and upwards, the posh next up and that should be a cracker. utt  

He had a spare bike. He used it. It conked out too.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, spin king said:

I think we now might have handed Scunny the top of the table and we will probably go through as the best 2nd placed team.

If Peterborough win their home match then 13 points from a 4 team group wont be enough

Average 2.17 points per meeting and Boro would have 2.25 average (9 from 4)

You need my Witches to do you a favour....

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

33 minutes ago, spin king said:

I think that we really need to look at the Josh Bates situation because we are not getting the points from his R/R rides at the moment, and if he is not back very soon we really need to consider bringing in another rider, will be interesting to see what happens regarding Mason Campton, because I think Bradley Wilson Dean would capable of filling in the void left by Josh.

The other slight concern at the moment is Lasse Bjerre not completed a race tonight and generally started this season pretty slowly, but I seem to remember he did last season, so although I am concerned it is only slightly.

Fundamentally I think the team is okay and competitive and one win or one loss does not define a season and we will be back a wounded Tiger is a dangerous animal.

But we do need to sort out the rider replacement situation sooner rather than later.      

move r/r to number 2 . it always works ya know . no more weak links in the later stages of the meeting or just off load josh and lasse and start again . BWD is a good shout .but you cant have him until his 28 day loan is up and then maybe even longer !

The diamonds up and down season continues !!!!!

Great effort by the boys tonight with all 7 winning a heat ... but the star was Ashley ... riding superbly ... keep it up

As for Sheffield .. they missed Howarth although Garrity was a good guest, Wright rode well and Shanes impressed..... but the villain of the piece was bjerre ...you can say he was unlucky with machinery or is it poor professionalism ...........  he has a poor record round brough (unlike his brother who was superb) and to not complete a lap is not really acceptable 

why was wright so annoyed with Garrity in heat 15 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Well done Newcastle excellent result , special mention for Ashley Morris , always knew this lad had something about him and suggested to Tsunami that he would be a good choice when Diamonds were looking for a replacement rider in 2016 after Panthers wrongly sacked him IMO.

He feels at home with us and is wanted. He held back signing for anyone else at the end of last season when we were in doubt about running, hence the reason we were in a position to announce him as our first signing when we made the decision to run. A bit like Schram, Mills, etc, Ash has been dropped on a regular basis by other teams till they all came to us and suddenly became decent riders. It must be something in the Geordie water. Kyle Newman is another who always wants to ride for us but the distance puts him off.

• Like 1

Ashley has always been a deservedly popular Diamond, but this season he has stepped it up. I would think his heat 15 win against quality heat leader opposition might be his best ever race in a Diamonds racejacket...?

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

The diamonds up and down season continues !!!!!

Great effort by the boys tonight with all 7 winning a heat ... but the star was Ashley ... riding superbly ... keep it up

As for Sheffield .. they missed Howarth although Garrity was a good guest, Wright rode well and Shanes impressed..... but the villain of the piece was bjerre ...you can say he was unlucky with machinery or is it poor professionalism ...........  he has a poor record round brough (unlike his brother who was superb) and to not complete a lap is not really acceptable 

why was wright so annoyed with Garrity in heat 15 ?

Morris was a cut above the rest tonight, he certainly knows the fastest way around your track and must have decent machinery under him.

Bjerre was an embarrassment tonight and as you correctly pointed out didn't complete a lap never mind a race! Don't know what was going on with him this evening, but he needs to get his gear sorted out and quickly. 

Garrity did a good job for Sheffield tonight apart from heat one where we set off on a 5 - 1 and ended up with a 2 - 4! I think Wright was having a go at him for (a) not letting him through to have a crack at Morris, although Jason was infront of him from the gate, and (b) Jason went out of shape on bends 3/4 of lap 3 and nearly had them both off!

Pity that it's still winter up there in Newcastle, my feet were like two blocks of ice, and having a delay for the sun going down (in riders eyes) well that was a slap in the face! 

7 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Morris was a cut above the rest tonight, he certainly knows the fastest way around your track and must have decent machinery under him.

Bjerre was an embarrassment tonight and as you correctly pointed out didn't complete a lap never mind a race! Don't know what was going on with him this evening, but he needs to get his gear sorted out and quickly. 

Garrity did a good job for Sheffield tonight apart from heat one where we set off on a 5 - 1 and ended up with a 2 - 4! I think Wright was having a go at him for (a) not letting him through to have a crack at Morris, although Jason was infront of him from the gate, and (b) Jason went out of shape on bends 3/4 of lap 3 and nearly had them both off!

Pity that it's still winter up there in Newcastle, my feet were like two blocks of ice, and having a delay for the sun going down (in riders eyes) well that was a slap in the face! 

Remember to put two pairs of socks on next time ;)

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Peterborough win their home match then 13 points from a 4 team group wont be enough

Average 2.17 points per meeting and Boro would have 2.25 average (9 from 4)

You need my Witches to do you a favour....

With results going their way Scunthorpe can yet achieve 14 points ( 4 point away win at Redcar)

28 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

With results going their way Scunthorpe can yet achieve 14 points ( 4 point away win at Redcar)

Which would mean them topping the group to qualify

If they end on 13 or less then whomever us 2nd in that group will not be best runner up if Boro win