British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Workington Championship - Friday 11th May

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

How many times were Panther riders in front on turn 1? I can't remember too many.

I honestly can't remember... But I also can't remember thinking "blimey Workington keep beating Peterborough out of the starts"... What I can remember thinking was "blimey Peterborough are being completely outclassed and the Workington riders are passing them for fun and BWD seems really fired up to perform against his old club" and I also remember thinking of witnessing Scott Nicholls debut around the EoES and how much it reminded me of how Dan Bewley was performing and that Nicholls is a shadow of the rider he used to be. Beats me why Peterborough signed him, BV binned him off because he wasn't fast enough around their big track, yet Peterborough sign him, surely he'd be better off at Arena

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I honestly can't remember... But I also can't remember thinking "blimey Workington keep beating Peterborough out of the starts"... What I can remember thinking was "blimey Peterborough are being completely outclassed and the Workington riders are passing them for fun and BWD seems really fired up to perform against his old club" and I also remember thinking of witnessing Scott Nicholls debut around the EoES and how much it reminded me of how Dan Bewley was performing and that Nicholls is a shadow of the rider he used to be. Beats me why Peterborough signed him, BV binned him off because he wasn't fast enough around their big track, yet Peterborough sign him, surely he'd be better off at Arena

I sat within a close distance from the starting line and Panthers were outgated  everytime in the 1st 6 races and there was only a couple of times in the later heats that they managed to be on a par with Comets riders . Worky  were very good value, rode the track conditions superbly  while Panthers riders looked to have totally lost the plot.  How on earth you couldn't see this is beyond belief.

26 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I sat within a close distance from the starting line and Panthers were outgated  everytime in the 1st 6 races and there was only a couple of times in the later heats that they managed to be on a par with Comets riders . Worky  were very good value, rode the track conditions superbly  while Panthers riders looked to have totally lost the plot.  How on earth you couldn't see this is beyond belief.

Perhaps because I wasn't sat next to you?

This sort of performance has happened with alarming regularity over the years with different riders and promotions. Most likely the track will be blamed as it has been on all the other occasions.  I suspect that those who opted to go on Sunday rather than last night  may well prefer to stay at home to watch edited highlights of Eurovision Song Contest. 

9 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Now that's what I call a poor excuse of a reply.

Is this the right thread for an argument? I'll have the 5 minute argument please

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Is this the right thread for an argument? I'll have the 5 minute argument please

your time is up ,move on .

• Like 1

Workington completely outgated Panthers for most of the  match and if anyone don't think they did then they must be blind...on the odd occasion that they didn't gate they had more power and just blasted round..I knew this would be a tough match but the performance of both sides baffled me in different ways. 

• Like 1

Workington completely outgated Panthers for most of the  match and if anyone don't think they did then they must be blind...on the odd occasion that they didn't gate they had more power and just blasted round..I knew this would be a tough match but the performance of both sides baffled me in different ways. 

7 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

We had it last week when the Bandits out gated us at DP - it happens, get over it and move on.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of speedway bike engines can explain why bike set ups can't be altered during the meeting if it is obvious you are struggling to get out of the gate, or is it more to do with the riders' mind set/attitude on the night. Probably a bit of both me thinks.

Engine set ups can be changed during the meeting but it's not an exact science, more part luck and part black art, with no time to practice and you have have the bike running perfectly , sometime with only a few minutes to spare before your next race.

Andreas Jonsson once said to me you can get your bike running well, then you try to tweak it a little to get a bit more power from it but that makes it worse , so you try putting it back to where it originally was and that seems to be no better either.

Of course, as you suggest , confidence comes into it as well. If a rider gets beaten badly it's sometimes difficult to know whether it's him or the bike.

Or Worky coukd have just been a better team on the night.

• Like 1

so when are peterborough putting the video of thew cats v cornets on their wes site . they will be hard pushed to find a heat advantage for the home team .MY MONEY IS ON HT. 13. 

they only have choice of 2 .!

11 hours ago, jenga said:

so when are peterborough putting the video of thew cats v cornets on their wes site . they will be hard pushed to find a heat advantage for the home team .MY MONEY IS ON HT. 13. 

they only have choice of 2 .!

How the heck did you miss b and hit s? I'd lay off the funny fags and Special Brew if I was you. Who the hell are the cornets :blink:

Edited by Crump99

good to see people actually reading posts . yep , B and S are some way aparty on the keyboard . typo from me there . .

i have put the cornets in many a post and only you have noticed it . 10 /10  to you .

it  came about when worky were @ scunny on sky sports , they had us down on the intro as the cornets ...  dont even think wallace and gromet  noticed it .

Some would same B and S are never far away with you J :lol: