British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Glasgow 16/08/2018

Schlein should be stripped of the captaincy, the whinging git needs to grow a backbone ...

Few if any of today’s Aussie riders have either the class or the refinement or the skill of some of their former compatriots. Jason Crump,  Shane Parker, Billy Sanders, Jason Lyons, Craig Boyce, Ryan Sullivan etc. would give it a go and get on with the job most of the time. The current crop believe they are better then they really are which is a shame but no one can stand a whinging Aussie rider.  Many of the current riding fraternity cannot entertain the public let alone stand up and be counted when asked to talk to joe public to justify a decision. Who in their right mind would want to run a club where the tail is wagging the dog. At least at NL level few seem to have the fear factor that is all to evident by those with supposedly more experience. 

• Like 3

If you'd have seen Danny Ayres and Josh Bailey on the island last night. Some of their overtaking moves scared me more than them!.

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If you'd have seen Danny Ayres and Josh Bailey on the island last night. Some of their overtaking moves scared me more than them!.

Does that prove the point. I bet you were entertained, had admiration for the riders and probably left happy having been entertained even if things were a bit hairy. All that excitement and I bet each and every one at least tried unlike their peers who are clearly overpaid to the point where that they can afford not to race every week or perhaps doubling up has taken away the incentive to serve the paying public and show some allegiance to club and fans.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

As much as Cook was the main man in getting the meeting off there's one more that played his part in this... the home captain. If the Witches had ALL decided to race the meeting would have been on. The Witches entered the changing rooms for a meeting with most willing to ride .. all bar one and he was the voice on the night that said no.....

that runt complains when the track is wet . a proper winger . rode @ workington last year , i think . was beaten when they watered the track in the afternoon . once a moaner , ALWAYS a moaner .

i can see C.L. not wanting him @ ippo in 2019 . + all the lemmings who jumped ship with slimy rory . 

can sonebody tell rory the track will be very grippy on saturday @ woeky as its been raining all day .  naaa , cant ride in that sh7t maan .. says roary the tiger . 

end of story !

Schlien can't overtake on a perfect dry track the biggest gating tart going. If it had gone ahead last night he would have been made to look daft. 

3 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Few if any of today’s Aussie riders have either the class or the refinement or the skill of some of their former compatriots. Jason Crump,  Shane Parker, Billy Sanders, Jason Lyons, Craig Boyce, Ryan Sullivan etc. would give it a go and get on with the job most of the time. 

Crump was one of the biggest whiners of his generation. He was instrumental in making GP's slicker than slick during the Ole Olsen years which made the entertainment zero. He would argue black was white if it suited him and damn the rest. 

Having watched Shane Parker for 6 seasons, he was a fantastic rider but hated the wet.

Sometimes you can look back through rose tinted glasses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Crump was one of the biggest whiners of his generation. He was instrumental in making GP's slicker than slick during the Ole Olsen years which made the entertainment zero. He would argue black was white if it suited him and damn the rest. 

Having watched Shane Parker for 6 seasons, he was a fantastic rider but hated the wet.

Comparing today’s whinging Aussies with those who had track craft and skills way above the likes of Schlein etc is not looking through rose tinted glasses. Yes they did argue and often complained but they also showed respect for the paying punter and gave it their best.  

4 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Schlien can't overtake on a perfect dry track the biggest gating tart going. If it had gone ahead last night he would have been made to look daft. 

Thought last night was going to be your first meeting of the season  - if it wasnt then you would know different

Certainly not defending Rory for his position last night but his overall contribution should not be totally sullied by it

4 hours ago, MD said:

Hit the nail on the head, the Aussies are notorious for hating wet tracks. To see the names Parker and Crump espiecially is baffling, two great riders one obviously far better than the other but they hated wet tracks were amongst the first to complain. I remember Tim Stone soaking the track va Glasgow one year at Newport on a typical roasting , dusty Sunday afternoon and Parker was out on the track trying to stop him. 

Remember the PLRC at Sheffield also one year , the track was a bit rough and Parker and Scheiln were trying to get the meeting called off. 

Craig Watson, after he had suffered many serious injuries, hated wet tracks and would look a shadow of his normal self .

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thought last night was going to be your first meeting of the season  - if it wasnt then you would know different

Certainly not defending Rory for his position last night but his overall contribution should not be totally sullied by it

It was going to be my first meeting but I've seen enough of Schlien over the years and had enough conversations with those that do still go to know that his passing skills are not exactly great. 

14 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Schlein should be stripped of the captaincy, the whinging git needs to grow a backbone ...

Yes he should! Make King none riding captain.

18 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

It was going to be my first meeting but I've seen enough of Schlien over the years and had enough conversations with those that do still go to know that his passing skills are not exactly great. 

Having watched him weekly for the last two years, I couldn’t disagree more to be honest. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

They have seen a different Rory to me then

Has made some great passes and against high quality riders not just those you would expect him to breeze past

Of course when you average 9.5+ and have the highest figure in the league that usually means you are out front more often than not and dont require to pass too many times

Yes there is the odd time he coasts at the back seemingly not to bother but that has been few and far between as a Witch

He does have a reputation for being outspoken. Many times that is good as certain things need saying. Sometimes it will see him singled out. Its all opinions as to when this is fair or not

Most think he was wrong on Thursday but on balance he has been a superb addition to the team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1