Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I Said exactly this a few weeks ago. Swindon have a good top 5 but nothing happening at reserve. The issue is Swindon need all top 5 clicking together and this will rarely happen. Last night shows Swindon’s team building issues.

They will probably win at our place next Monday but I am not convinced this team is good enough to do well in the playoffs. Shanes is struggling and Zack W has gone backwards.

Did you not realise the top five were not available at Belle Vue? a stupid post not thought out at all.Yes we are struggling at reserve but the encouraging thing for me was we only scored two from reserve last night and we had no Tobiasz but we still scored 41 pts.This against a strong Belle Vue side that is improving week on week and with Bewley getting more race fitness and maybe a potential change of Wells, Belle Vue will be in the mix come the end of the season .So as a Swindon fan i won't be panicking just jet.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HGould said:

You can no longer ride in 3 Leagues and can't jump a League.

You can ride PL + CL or CL + NL

You can't ride PL +NL

So if Drew wanted to ride on contract for a PL side and double up he would have to give up his deal with Kent. Can't see him doing that as he is struggling as often as shining in CL for Sheffield and needs to crack CL first.

Makes sense as well. Yes I reckon he will stick with those 2 leagues the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

According to the current averages, Pickering, Starke or Doolan and Kemp could replace Zach and Shanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

 

According to the current averages, Pickering, Starke or Doolan and Kemp could replace Zach and Shanes.

Not Kemp, he can’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not Kemp, he can’t.

 

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The word on Twitter is Shanes has now been released.

Who is the replacement??

And can they score better than Shanes.

2+1 / 1 / 1 / 2+1 / 0 / 2+2 / 0

Edited by ZagarRacing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stuck with Zach and Jack last season and I see the same thing happening this season with Zach and James - unless Zach continues for too long with his low scoring.  We know what he is capable of and he is worth persevering with to ride out of his current slump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DC2 said:

 

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Can't see Zach going anywhere personally. As for Shanes his 3.15 x 1.5 = 4.72? From the Champs riders to pick from. Now they either need to be 4.5 or above (or have previously achieved 4.5 or above?) at Championship level to be eligible. So Nielsen doesn't fit, Kemp cannot do all 3 leagues, Starke & Doolan not even close.  Only viable option is Sarj the tape breaker or Ayres if he has previously achieved over 4.5 (and that is allowed?).

If this is the case then doesn't Connor Mountain fit? I don't believe he's in the NL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

If this is the case then doesn't Connor Mountain fit? I don't believe he's in the NL.

Again its dependant if he has previously achieved over 4.5 at Championship level and if previously achieved is allowed or if its current average only that applies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Again its dependant if he has previously achieved over 4.5 at Championship level and if previously achieved is allowed or if its current average only that applies?

God why do all these rules exist?? Pickering would of been my choice but i beleive he is to high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

The word on Twitter is Shanes has now been released.

Who is the replacement??

And can they score better than Shanes.

2+1 / 1 / 1 / 2+1 / 0 / 2+2 / 0

The word on Twitter where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DC2 said:

 

Hasn’t he achieved a 3 point PL average by virtue of his 4.75 CL average?

See below.

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

it's not that which is the issue, the issue he can't ride in 3 Leagues so would have to ditch NL at Kent and in terms of rides and income; let alone confidence of winning; that's probably a wiser move right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy