British Speedway Forum

I've not seen many good meetings either,some good races though as you would expect with the riders we've got but only when the track was conducive to good racing .

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Is anybody really bothered if Bates have sent Drew to Leicester ? Speedway is no longer a sport to be taken seriously with the Mickey mouse rules.Crowds are dropping off ,a lot of races are strung out ,track preparation,riders having a strop,meetings drawn out ,lack of fixtures season finishing earl again etc.If the Bates have got Drew fixed up then great,the lad doesn't miss out on meetings/earnings and joins a team that could win the league.Win win situation . 

Completely true.

To be honest if Leicester wanted a rider from Sheffield Nicol would have been a better option than Kemp

Edited by The Third Man

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

To be honest if Leicester wanted a rider from Sheffield Nicol would have been a better option than Kemp

Think I'll wait and see on that prediction!

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Think I'll wait and see on that prediction!

At this moment in time, Nicol is the better rider. Just before he got injured he was top scoring as guest and beating some good riders on their own tracks. Kemp will get there for sure but right now, Nicol makes Sheffield stronger, particularly on smaller tracks and being at reserve.

4 hours ago, yorkshiretyke said:

At this moment in time, Nicol is the better rider. Just before he got injured he was top scoring as guest and beating some good riders on their own tracks. Kemp will get there for sure but right now, Nicol makes Sheffield stronger, particularly on smaller tracks and being at reserve.

But have Macdonald/ Kennedy who are not cheap really pulled up any trees??? why is it always a Englishman ousted rather than a more expensive import.?

• Like 1

what makes josh abd zaine more expensive then  ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

what makes josh abd zaine more expensive then  ?

ie  ) we  dont no what money they are on and also have both got to to get  permits.?.Forget the money issue then Kennedy/ MacDonald have had long stints at reserve and have been ok but the reason Drew has been in the top five so long is because those two have not been pulling up any trees.When Drew gets dropped to reserve he scores 7 points he then gets banished very unfairly in my opinion.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Confused 1

I’m not comfortable about Sheffield being hammered for dropping a British rider, they have to pick the seven who they believe give them the best chance of winning meetings regardless of nationality. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m not comfortable about Sheffield being hammered for dropping a British rider, they have to pick the seven who they believe give them the best chance of winning meetings regardless of nationality. 

If that was true, then no one would complain. It’s the foul whiff of favouring one team over another that gets to Tigers’ supporters, who are getting cheesed off being sold bs when they can see that all that is happening is pre-sale profit maximising. At their expense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

e  ) we  dont no what money they are on and also have both got to to get  permits.?.Forget the money issue then Kennedy/ MacDonald have had long stints at reserve and have been ok but the reason Drew has been in the top five so long is because those two have not been pulling up any trees.When Drew gets dropped to reserve he scores 7 points he then gets banished very unfairly in my opinion.

MacDonald hasn't been there that long, it was Nicol who wasn't scoring many at reserve along with Kennedy and then shortly before his injury he had a few good meetings, mainly for teams he was guesting for I might add. Like I've said I hope he comes back with some form but I fear the chances of that are slim! Even if he gets 18 points at Eastbourne what are the other six going to get? Don't think he's going to get us into the playoffs some how.

Also I hope the stories about Drew going to Leicester are correct (not seen it confirmed anywhere.).  

17 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

MacDonald hasn't been there that long, it was Nicol who wasn't scoring many at reserve along with Kennedy and then shortly before his injury he had a few good meetings, mainly for teams he was guesting for I might add. Like I've said I hope he comes back with some form but I fear the chances of that are slim! Even if he gets 18 points at Eastbourne what are the other six going to get? Don't think he's going to get us into the playoffs some how.

Also I hope the stories about Drew going to Leicester are correct (not seen it confirmed anywhere.).  

19 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Do you find it a baffling decision Steve ? when the season started i was shocked Todd Kurtz wasn't  in the named seven as he was  making  slow progress and is very decent at home.I think most of us who have followed Drew's quick rise up the ladder just presumed he would of been at no 7 all year. My opinion only is that  Drew at no 7 all year would of averaged between 5.30/5.70? a decent anough figure for a young lad. 

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

But have Macdonald/ Kennedy who are not cheap really pulled up any trees??? why is it always a Englishman ousted rather than a more expensive import.?

i am sure josh paid for his own trip over to the u.k. 

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

As well he should what about Zaine and Broc.?

no idea . only know that josh paid for his own trip over just in case a job came up . it was well publicised . get someone to read it to you if you can find it .