British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

Will the first leg of the play off final be at Wimborne Road or Saddlebow Road. ?  Who gets first call ? 

14 minutes ago, semion said:

Will the first leg of the play off final be at Wimborne Road or Saddlebow Road. ?  Who gets first call ? 

highest league placing i think

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevehone said:

highest league placing i think

Correct.    If the Stars go through to the final then they have first choice because of their league position. .    If we were to lose to Belle Vue, then whoever won the other semi-final would get the choice of the location.. 

With regard to my opinion of the management, have Kings Lynn fans forgotten already the constant moans on here about the way the club and meetings are run?

However, that is not the reason for my lack of regard although it does impact on the sport in general when the same promoter is the Chairman of the BSPA. My concern is that under his leadership the sport finds itself in a worse position than when he took over. He even made a few promises on his appointment that were within his gift to achieve. Do we remember  that the sport was going to be more open and transparent and that the rule book would be rewritten?  Some would say the secrecy is now worse and that the rule book has, if anything, become more complex. He obviously either doesn't have the answers or, if he does,  the ability to persuade others to support him to adopt them. He needs to do the honourable thing and resign.

1 hour ago, BarracudaAce said:

The move to sign Erik and then have MPT at reserve has to be the 'team change' of the season.

Ironically - given the injury facts you stated in the first paragraph which have 'ruined' the Aces season - would the Stars be where they are now had Kerr NOT got injured?

If Stars go onto win the title then it has all worked out for you - and, despite our woes with injuries at the NSS, its all part and parcel of speedway and would we want it any other way? (of course, we don't want to see any rider actually getting hurt but, unfortunately, it is that very thing that produces many team changes and the way things then pan out).

Whilst there are still 15 heats of the semi-final to ride, I suppose we should always cling onto hope? But, if the Aces can't become champions, then I hope it is finally the Stars turn. I was a regular attender at Saddlebow Road during the Betts / Simmons / Cole / Lee era through the 70s before I moved to the Manchester area, and so the Stars were once upon a time my 'top flight' club. It would then be good to see the yellow and green (as they were back then and I reckon still should be) as champions!!

Good point.     That's something I've not thought about.    Not wanting to rubbish Kerr, he performed well at reserve  but notably found points harder to score  when elevated into the team 1-5.    Whereas,  Riss has settled in real well and finds the AFA to his liking.   A quality gater, this  talented long tracker,with a fast and smooth style,   is the ideal partner for Robert Lambert.  between them they are a powerful pairing.    Not only that,  his acquisition meant we also had a permanent strong reserve in MPT.    Had Kerr remained fit,  I would imagine  he and MPT would have swapped their places on a regular basis, and that wouldn't have been ideal.   as it is now we have a settled team each riding with the same partner every week....

So in answer to your question,    Probably not.....

Them good ole days of Betts; Simmo;  Cole  and Lee,  still burn in my memories .      Sure was wonderful times …...

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

,Have always had a soft spot for Belle Vue,   and whenever we have failed, my second thoughts are always directed to them hoping they will succeed.   Even this year, I had hoped if we cant win it then I hope they do.   So it is with a heavy heart I say,  they have a mountain to climb.    Even without their bad luck and with a full team,   to come here for the 2nd leg 8 points adrift they would find it hard to overcome.   To do so with a scratch team, they  will take a minor miracle.         I know they will try 100%   and give it their all,   but it would need the Stars to have all the bad luck in the world to lose this one.        I'll go for   52-38   home  win      

I expect it to be closer Webby. The Aces will be on it and if Lynn are comfortable I think they will be more focused on keeping safe and injury free.

Lynn by 8-10 for me

1 minute ago, ouch said:

Anybody got the stats on a chairman’s team winning the play offs?

Stats ?

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Stats ?

I think he means how many times has a chairman's team won the Prem/top league..If it's odds Lynn, Poole, Somerset, BV in that order at the bookies. 

Lynn have recently been seen as very (too) loyal to riders, it’s more than likely that Kerr, Rose and Andersen would all be in the team now if they hadn’t picked up injuries and forced the promotion’s hand. No doubt we are stronger with their replacements and in a perverse way Lynn’s hand being forced has probably resulted in topping the table.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn have recently been seen as very (too) loyal to riders, it’s more than likely that Kerr, Rose and Andersen would all be in the team now if they hadn’t picked up injuries and forced the promotion’s hand. No doubt we are stronger with their replacements and in a perverse way Lynn’s hand being forced has probably resulted in topping the table.

Have to agree with you there,.    It's unfortunate when riders get injured and changes have to be made,  but in the past we have not always replaced adequately when these incidents  occur.   We have had more than our share of injuries in previous years but never once use it as an opportunity to strengthen the team.    Even at the early season, fans could see the improvement  with the set-up of the team with the  implementation of structural changes  and the fitness rescheme, but we were still missing that cutting edge...    What has changed Lynn into title contenders was the acquisition of Erik Riss.  This   has  been, the pivotable piece of the team jigsaw.    Like someone else said on this forum,   that has to be the best replacement in the league this year.... 

• Like 1