British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Glasgow 14/10/18 7:30pm Play off.

Mason Campton is the best £10000 you've made and we have spent thank you very much..hes an adopted cumbrian.  Thank you for your good wishes for our '3' finals too.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Well done Comets , Mason Campton is your ace in the pack at reserve and you have strength in depth, you should go on and win all 3 trophies as I cant see you losing over 2 legs, frustratingly close for the Tiggers, well done to our guests Ricky Wells and Jordan Stewart. Hope the comets wont be lost to speedway next season.

Thanks Dot! Your attendance is very much appreciated in what was an exciting meeting! I sold you your programme, should have introduced myself... :D :) safe journey home and hopefully we will all see eachother again in the future! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

Mason Campton is the best £10000 you've made and we have spent thank you very much..hes an adopted cumbrian.  Thank you for your good wishes for our '3' finals too.

Especially after all the crap aimed at him the last couple of years,could easily said sod it and walked away,but he stuck it out and believed he was good enough, and much credit to him for it,now he must feel it was all worth it

• Like 3

Congratulations to the Comets - Im really chuffed for all you up there :t:

Looked like it was all going pear shaped towards the end but dug in to hold on

Tigers fans must wonder who this Chris Harris is that can produce a super human pursuit of the world champion in the PL but trail round tamely behind CL reserves :unsure:

I labelled him Mr Play Off after that - seems that requires slight amendment to Mr PL Play Off....

• Like 2

First of all, hope Rasmus is ok.

Commiserations to the many travelling Glasgow fans, some of the best fans in Speedway, safe journey home.

Wow another nail biter of a meeting, well done to all the lads rode their socks off, man of the match Mason Campton, take a bow.

Still in a daze!!

Three finals to get through but limited days in October left..:unsure:

Once again well done the Comets.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

When is this home leg of the knockout cup likely to be staged

Next Saturday after the abandoned league meeting in a double header, thought the cup match would have been first.

• Like 1

Well done Workington , always painful to come up just short , but it's all there for the Comets now - good luck to them 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Thanks Dot! Your attendance is very much appreciated in what was an exciting meeting! I sold you your programme, should have introduced myself... :D :) safe journey home and hopefully we will all see eachother again in the future! 

You should have introduced yourself, I really hope you guys win them all, I get really annoyed with all the money bags and flash the cash comments from some fans , hence my rant a few weeks back, we have been rock bottom many a time , wondering if we would run the next year and you are unfortunately in that position now. I hope something can be done to save your team, enjoy your three finals

• Like 7

Just now, Paulco said:

Well done Workington , always painful to come up just short , but it's all there for the Comets now - good luck to them 

Cheers Paul.

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tigers fans must wonder who this Chris Harris is that can produce a super human pursuit of the world champion in the PL but trail round tamely behind CL reserves :unsure:

I labelled him Mr Play Off after that - seems that requires slight amendment to Mr PL Play Off....

Yeah no Poole racejacket tonight 

The team done us proud tonight really got stuck in and rode with aggression and looked like the wanted it badly in all the heats - with the future of the club not looking great - lets try and put that to one side if only for a few weeks and go on and win the league! Make this for the late great Ian Thomas! :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

You should have introduced yourself, I really hope you guys win them all, I get really annoyed with all the money bags and flash the cash comments from some fans , hence my rant a few weeks back, we have been rock bottom many a time , wondering if we would run the next year and you are unfortunately in that position now. I hope something can be done to save your team, enjoy your three finals

Always had respect for Glasgow as a club and their supporters it aint always been rosy for you guys - Happy to see your club in a positive position :t:

• Like 2

Sincere commiserations to Glasgow - that could have gone either way until the last bend of the last of the 30 races.

It should have been the final.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1