British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

I have tried it, you can use the same password, even if you couldn't, Google asks you if you want it to remember your password, so you never have to remember any. Just type in a username and bobs your aunty. 

But when I got a new computer, and after V 10 would not load and someone from the Far East had to do it remotely, I was asked for the passwords for every different system used.

Best password is Ihavenoidea  

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

We should all have multi usernames, spices it up a bit. 

I agree Gavan ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

The promoters, collectively, love to hate the keyboard warriors. What they really hate is any critical feedback, which in any other business helps to shape the future operating policy.

What they forget is that before the rise of the keyboard there were many, many thousands ( 10x as many 50 years ago ) who went to the pub or talked about it at work and across the garden fences - in a critical way, that is what people do who passionately care about a sport. Now you have to be a sycophant to be a fan in UK speedway and adore the promoter as well as the riders you most enjoy on track.

What they really hate is, the truth.

10 hours ago, Sportsman said:

Who released the team names before the take over? Who never signed a contract ? Why is Buster to blame ?

I am pretty sure the take over was tied up in principal before the team was announced. It is not a secret that in the interim Buster did a vanishing act and could not be contacted, so much so that Ged was prepared  to carry on himself if need be. Dodgy dealing deceit and subterfuge has long been the stock in trade in Speedway

• Like 1

Didnt Buster go away to New Zealand for a while as it was his daughters wedding ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, semion said:

Didnt Buster go away to New Zealand for a while as it was his daughters wedding ?

The wedding was in Norwich, he went away to New Zealand so he didn't have to pay for it  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buster has left Peterborough and Ipswich  teams in the hands of the Promotors and team Managers   You don't think he would pay out big money to then and run everything himse;lf

or do you    ??

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Dodgy dealing deceit and subterfuge has long been the stock in trade in Speedway

Arthur Daley like but nowhere near as popular.

• Like 1

Leicester have replaced Bates which must mean Peterborough will as expected replace him permanently now with Simon Lambert 

I like Simon Lambert  but  struggles at this level.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I like Simon Lambert  but  struggles at this level.

He is ok at this level around Saddlebow. Look at his scores there this season

I've almost given up with British speedway. Its been in  decline for years and despite all the concerns about how to improve its popularity, here we are years later still in the same predicament. I've been a Peterborough supporter since the track opened in 1970. I've witnessed the good,the bad and currently the down right uncertainty. I sadly fear that unless someone takes a grip on this sport in less than 5 years it will be virtually finished. Having a man running 3 promotions is definitely not the way forward and should never be allowed to happen. Whatever his intentions, Buster is only in it for the money. I imagine the tracks that are currently losing money are being financed by those that are! Its obvious where Buster loyalties lie by his current ability to improve certain teams when they are not doing so well. Unfortunately it appears that the riders who are not performing for his other tracks are being used as fodder for Peterborough. Can't blame the riders, they simply are not good enough. I will continue to support my team for as long as they are in existence, but given the choice I would have sooner we stated in the lower leagues whereby the racing was far superior and more competitive. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, semion said:

He is ok at this level around Saddlebow. Look at his scores there this season

Simon Lambert is not going to strengthen an already weak Panthers team. It's more cheap and cheerful policy being inflicted on Panthers supporters and it's just not acceptable...

• Like 1