British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Ipswich don`t have to because Premiership is now Monday`s and Thursday`s. Sheffield now Sunday`s

Cheers for that, i dont pay to much attention until i get Christmas out of the way.

12 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

Cheers for that, i dont pay to much attention until i get Christmas out of the way.

Are you a promoter? ;)

• Haha 2

I agree with Taps there’s still a long time before the season starts, but having said that, it IS very very quiet from everyone from Louis to Mike Bacon and the local press. 

The team clearly takes more time and is more complicated than a championship septet, but some sort of update from somebody would be nice. 

A few Peterborough supporters were getting a bit impatient also, but at least they’ve now had an update of sorts from Ged. More than we’ve had!

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Patience is a virtue

No racing until April so doesnt matter if the team is named in December or March

I guess I’m just used to knowing the team nice and early and going up to the track to get my season ticket Christmas time so just a bit eager to know the team and start looking ahead to next season!!

• Like 1

It will make a change not to be favourites for the first time in a few years

Will make any success all the sweeter

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It will make a change not to be favourites for the first time in a few years

Will make any success all the sweeter

Ipswich have always been favourites in the top league - for the wooden spoon :wink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Ipswich have always been favourites in the top league - for the wooden spoon :wink:

Time the worm turned :P

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

I guess I’m just used to knowing the team nice and early and going up to the track to get my season ticket Christmas time so just a bit eager to know the team and start looking ahead to next season!!

how many other PL teams have been named though?

CL are naming, but PL are pretty much waiting until EVERYTHING is sorted i would imagine 

I think it seems even longer as we finished nearly 3 months ago!

Whatever will be will be

33 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think it seems even longer as we finished nearly 3 months ago!

i miss the days when EVERY club would have speedway March - October

• Like 2

The lack of information is a major worry. If I’d just bought a new club I’d be engaging with my customers and trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the coming season. 

We are seemingly just a pawn on a chessboard waiting to be sacrificed so the king up the road can keep playing on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get used to Buster's little ways of doing things. He certainly is very unlikely to change his style of doing them.

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The lack of information is a major worry. If I’d just bought a new club I’d be engaging with my customers and trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the coming season. 

We are seemingly just a pawn on a chessboard waiting to be sacrificed so the king up the road can keep playing on. 

Same with Panthers and Stars seems its Chapman's way or no way