British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Who are Garrity, Aarnio & Ellis "assets" of?  I assume Swindon for Ellis.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Think Aarnio is possibly Berwick’s I think, Garrity was Coventry so god knows? I feel like something happened with Scunthorpe and Pboro to do with Garrity’s contract?

Didn't Berwick transfer Tero's contract to Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, screm said:

Didn't Berwick transfer Tero's contract to Scunthorpe.

Yes , he was sold a few seasons back 

• Like 1

What average would Luke Becker be assessed with?

I haven't seen Tobias Thomsen ride, but I certainly don't think Nick Agertoft is worth a place in the team on 4.00 average.

Morris, Castagna & Shanes all have similar averages so it would be difficult to fit them all in with one at reserve (5:00-5:50).  Ashley Morris was injured by the time I was able to start attending but of the two I have seen I'd much prefer to watch James Shanes on a weekly basis than Paco Castagna.  That said I think if Castagna could be fitted in at #2 he'd do a decent job there as he doesn't like to leave the curb and #2's meeting finishes earlier.  Wide dirt lines do take a while to develop.

Yes cant afford to start the season carrying riders with inflated averages. I would be Delighted with Sanchos team although Toms average would not fit unfortunately. 

Just now, scunny1 said:

Think Garrity is Scunthorpe asset swopped  for MPT. 

Would both parties be happy to be reunited do you think ? Would you like to see him return bud ? Birmingham need to really try get a consistent team in 2020 in terms of same 7 every week . . 12 changes and a guest every week wont help our cause.

4 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Think Garrity is Scunthorpe asset swopped  for MPT. 

That transaction was nullified by the BSPA management committee last season - at that time Jason became a BSPA asset.

Just now, NeilWatson said:

That transaction was nullified by the BSPA management committee last season - at that time Jason became a BSPA asset.

So what is the process to buy a asset off the bspa ? do we make them a cheap offer ? or do they set a fee that must be matched ? can you negotiate ?

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

So what is the process to buy a asset off the bspa ? do we make them a cheap offer ? or do they set a fee that must be matched ? can you negotiate ?

All of those!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

All of those!

Another question . If we for example signed Jason on loan for another season not as a asset would it be a lump fee up front or instalments ? if it was instalments would the club continue to pay them if they released the rider after say 3 months ? if it was a lump fee upfront would a proportion be returned ?

Sorry for all the questions that may appear silly . But they are genuine questions from a fan interested in how things behind the scenes are run.

7 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Another question . If we for example signed Jason on loan for another season not as a asset would it be a lump fee up front or instalments ? if it was instalments would the club continue to pay them if they released the rider after say 3 months ? if it was a lump fee upfront would a proportion be returned ?

Sorry for all the questions that may appear silly . But they are genuine questions from a fan interested in how things behind the scenes are run.

Any loan fee is for the whole of the remaining season calculated on a daily basis. (A full season is 231 days). If a rider is released during the season and signs elsewhere the appropriate loan fee is charged by the first loaning Club to the second Club. Full payment in advance is required.

• Thanks 2