British Speedway Forum
Tigerforever

Play off contenders

Posted (edited)

Why did this contenders thread go cold? However I still stand by what I said on the 27th March 2019 "The two Stand out teams for me are Glasgow and Leicester and both should be a shoe in for a top four spot"

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 3

On 5/30/2019 at 7:53 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Why did this contenders thread go cold? However I still stand by what I said on the 27th March 2019 "The two Stand out teams for me are Glasgow and Leicester and both should be a shoe in for a top four spot"

Regards
THJ

Think that will definitely be the final unless they meet in the Semi Finals

On 5/30/2019 at 7:53 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Think it's gone quiet because of the lack of league matches causing a bit of disinterest at the moment ,  apart from the 2 stand out teams mentioned, anyone's guess.  

18 hours ago, gazzac said:

Think it's gone quiet because of the lack of league matches causing a bit of disinterest at the moment ,  apart from the 2 stand out teams mentioned, anyone's guess.  

I know the weather has been unfortunate at times but it's crazy we are heading towards the end of June and some teams have only raced twice, Redcar haven't had a league meeting at all and others have had 7 fixtures!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I know the weather has been unfortunate at times but it's crazy we are heading towards the end of June and some teams have only raced twice, Redcar haven't had a league meeting at all and others have had 7 fixtures!

Like has been mentioned on other posts call offs are happening much more frequently nowadays,unless it’s dry majority of riders just moan and don't want to ride.Riders missing doesn’t help the situation if it arises.

Don't rule out Birmingham Brummies.

Can't yet decide if some Teams already have too many matches to cram in (Redcar) or have ridden too many too soon (Eastbourne) and may suffer as a result. 

I think current top 4 Leicester / Sheffield / Somerset / Glasgow may well stay there followed by Redcar - Birmingham - Eastbourne in that order.

I think the Brummies will gatecrash the top 4 party. Redcar will struggle eventually with too many meetings in too short a time

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I think the Brummies will gatecrash the top 4 party. Redcar will struggle eventually with too many meetings in too short a time

it did not bother workington last season , kept them all tuned in for the last 2 months of a season !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jenga said:

it did not bother workington last season , kept them all tuned in for the last 2 months of a season !

Very true but it can take its toll - on machinery and injuries.

It will soon be once a month Speedway at most tracks the way things are going.