British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Poole v Belle Vue Thurs 2nd May 2019

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans follow through thick and thin that’s the most laughable comment

Poole fans are known for disappearing when things don’t go well....

And you are comparing a bank holiday Monday match in the afternoon to a Thursday night one. Most people don’t work bank holiday Mondays and there will be time for people to get home at a sensible time 

Also Poole fans know they will see a proper meeting in a proper track.... Belle Vue fans aren’t going to get that on Pooles awful track

I guess you can’t help but troll 

Oh dear lord. Piece of work aren't you Gavan. 1. Every tracks crowd will go down if they don't perform well, which is well you know but your hate clouds your judgment over this. 2. Been to the track to call it awful have you? Steve has been to the track, so he can criticise it. You haven't, so you can't! 

5 hours ago, acef said:

You are bang on but I still think there crowds will be down. Even Poole fans are getting pissed with the state of what was once a great circuit. It still can be, but until they actually fix it properly crowds will continue to fall which is absolutely scandalous given that towns catchment.

I actually think some of Pooles stay away fans will make the trip to the NSS on Monday as it’s a trip worth doing to see great racing on a superb track, whatever the result. 

That  superb track also see us now with the best crowds in the UK. 

1 hour ago, acef said:

Lidsey paid 8 and a heat 15 nomination tonight in the Polish extra league.

That's what he's capable of. It's not necessarily pulling up trees but given where he has come and at that level, it's not at all bad.

I maintain when he finds his feet he will be banging the points in.

Just needs time.

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh dear lord. Piece of work aren't you Gavan. 1. Every tracks crowd will go down if they don't perform well, which is well you know but your hate clouds your judgment over this. 2. Been to the track to call it awful have you? Steve has been to the track, so he can criticise it. You haven't, so you can't! 

Ah bless you 

1. Yes correct but Pooles are worse than most

2. Nope not in the past two seasons but I’ve seen enough on tv. Plus also if everybody is saying the track is poor are they all wrong.... just because I haven’t been doesn’t mean I can’t be right 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It means leaving Poole around 6 am.:D

Still possible for all the elderly supporters to have a lie in on Sunday morning or an extra nap during the afternoon then go to bed earlier than usual. :)

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you 

2. Nope not in the past two seasons but I’ve seen enough on tv. Plus also if everybody is saying the track is poor are they all wrong.... just because I haven’t been doesn’t mean I can’t be right 

Its strange how polarised opinions are on here. Many on social media are saying how good the meeting and the track was on Thursday - admittedly they may have been comparing it to the first 2 home meetings this year, but a little bit more material and better consistency at home will see improvements all around, although I'm not sure how you can improve much on a 20 point win?!  Maybe we will see on Thursday.

Edited by Skidder1

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Its strange how polarised opinions are on here. Many on social media are saying how good the meeting and the track was on Thursday - admittedly they may have been comparing it to the first 2 home meetings this year, but a little bit more material and better consistency at home will see improvements all around, although I'm not sure how you can improve much on a 20 point win?!  Maybe we will see on Thursday.

Possibly by having a track that is prepared in a manner that can consistently deliver sub 59 second heat times or even a new track record of circa 56 seconds!!! Oh, heady days..

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The track needs a blade over it. The first bend was completely relaid last year all the way down but clearly there is an issue with the stability of the actual ground itself as the riders were being thrown all over the place. The grader went over it for a few minutes but it didn’t really solve the issue. Hopefully it will be worked on before next Thursday.

The second point is the watering of the track. No watering whatsoever took place during the meeting. Whilst there wasn’t the billowing clouds of dust, after the first few heats the moisture was gone and the track became slick with passing at a premium. We are lucky to have a brilliant race track at Poole which can produce tons of passing. But not while it is prepared as it currently is. The track needs more dirt, and the bowser going around every 4 heats during the warmer nights. 

As Matt has taken his finger off the pedal things have slipped. The air fence used to be immaculate. Now it has dirt on it from the previous week. Poor visual presentation. That bloody awful “music” the riders come out to? Sort it!

Provide the riders with a well prepared track and they will provide great racing. Which will get the crowd excited. Which will increase numbers. 

Perhaps the bigger issue is the lack of the top stars. They are gone fore the foreseeable future, perhaps they are never likely to return. The riders we have in the league now, bar the odd few, will never be replacements for Ward and Chris Holder, Or Trick, or Loram, or Magic. Their riding skills and ability to make stunning passes are a memory today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As Matt has taken his finger off the pedal

:icon_smile_clown::D and I'm the numpty.

13 hours ago, ouch said:

I actually think some of Pooles stay away fans will make the trip to the NSS on Monday as it’s a trip worth doing to see great racing on a superb track, whatever the result. 

That  superb track also see us now with the best crowds in the UK. 

Really?

Wow..

What are the others getting then if BV are the best?:o

Edited by mikebv

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Really?

Wow..

What are the others getting then if BV are the best?:o

I believe Ouch was being ironic. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you 

How do you know what Poole's crowd is if you are not at the stadium? 

30 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

:icon_smile_clown::D and I'm the numpty.

Yes, well we already know that!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, well we already know that!

Nice one armchair x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track needs a blade over it. The first bend was completely relaid last year all the way down but clearly there is an issue with the stability of the actual ground itself as the riders were being thrown all over the place. The grader went over it for a few minutes but it didn’t really solve the issue. Hopefully it will be worked on before next Thursday.

The second point is the watering of the track. No watering whatsoever took place during the meeting. Whilst there wasn’t the billowing clouds of dust, after the first few heats the moisture was gone and the track became slick with passing at a premium. We are lucky to have a brilliant race track at Poole which can produce tons of passing. But not while it is prepared as it currently is. The track needs more dirt, and the bowser going around every 4 heats during the warmer nights. 

As Matt has taken his finger off the pedal things have slipped. The air fence used to be immaculate. Now it has dirt on it from the previous week. Poor visual presentation. That bloody awful “music” the riders come out to? Sort it!

Provide the riders with a well prepared track and they will provide great racing. Which will get the crowd excited. Which will increase numbers. 

Perhaps the bigger issue is the lack of the top stars. They are gone fore the foreseeable future, perhaps they are never likely to return. The riders we have in the league now, bar the odd few, will never be replacements for Ward and Chris Holder, Or Trick, or Loram, or Magic. Their riding skills and ability to make stunning passes are a memory today.

I think we are in agreement however, I would make a couple of points. We have a very good stadium at Poole and potentially a first class track which with some reasonable investment could be the best in the country. 

Im not sure I agree the demise of the track is in sync with MF taking his finger off the pulse/foot off the pedal. I thinks it’s more a case of a lack of proper maintenance over many years is now coming home to roost.

On the subject of the potholes, you may recall BV had major issues when their new track was first laid but it was sorted out properly and it appears the track now only gets praise.

As they say, “where there’s a will, there’s a way”