British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Edinburgh v Berwick 3/5/2019

Enjoyable meeting with some good racing. Berwick so unlucky not to leave with all 3 points. The four who scored the points couldn’t be faulted. Leon can be excused for now, but Dany must improve his performances away from home. One decent gate, but was quickly swallowed up by the home riders. 

Impressed with Pickering with some breathtaking passes. There was some question over his win in heat 12, it looked as if Coty had pipped him, but we were nowhere near level to see. Unlucky not to be nominated for heat 15. 

Josh Bates was a very capable guest and scored about what I thought Nikolaj would. Hopefully he’s ok after his alarming looking heat 15 fall  

A point is a good, but could’ve been a cracking night for the Bandits with a bit of luck. 

Hopefully clinch a semi final place with a win at home on Saturday. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Should of won that like I predicted, pipped on the line twice by a very stylish Pickering, Doolan beat off Willy Lawson and Bates falling in ht15 whilst in the required position... Quicker we bring Theo in for Gappmaier the better imo, despite how good he is round Shielfield. Still a very good performance from Summers, Doolan and Coty and of course Bates done ok.

10 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Should of won that like I predicted, pipped on the line twice by a very stylish Pickering, Doolan beat off Willy Lawson and Bates falling in ht15 whilst in the required position... Quicker we bring Theo in for Gappmaier the better imo, despite how good he is round Shielfield. Still a very good performance from Summers, Doolan and Coty and of course Bates done ok.

Gappmaier will drop to reserve soon enough, then the Bandits will really be in trouble. 

I should be over the moon that yet again we’ve taken points from Armadale but at the minute I’m feeling gutted because it could have been so much more.  And that close considering we only had 4 scoring riders too.

id like to think that all being well and we win our home meeting tonight , with the Monarchs taking nowt, we should be safely into the Semi Finals :approve:  

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes that should be us into Semi’s now but how long do we have to put up with our team covering for R/R and our number 3 away from home

Wouldn’t count your chickens just yet:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wouldn’t count your chickens just yet:rolleyes:

We’re in as best loser as long as we don’t get beat off Edinburgh tonight never mind what Glasgow do so yes I will count some of my chickens

13 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

We’re in as best loser as long as we don’t get beat off Edinburgh tonight never mind what Glasgow do so yes I will count some of my chickens

You ( I assume Berwick) would need to beat Edinburgh to be sure of qualification as best runner-up. 12 from 6 with a draw would be inferior to Somerset’s 9 from 4.

Edited by NeilWatson

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

You ( I assume Berwick) would need to beat Edinburgh to be sure of qualification as best runner-up. 12 from 6 with a draw would be inferior to Somerset’s 9 from 4.

Correct Neil.    Bandits must win tonight.    If they do, their 14 points will guarantee qualification, either as group winners or 'fastest second'. 

Glasgow need two away wins to better them. 

But they must win tonight - - May the Fourth be with them! 

Edited by crescent girl

Oops sorry guys, I knew a win was enough but had forgot a draw wouldn’t be, anyways it would be the biggest disaster of the season if we can’t beat that Edinburgh team tonight, my prediction is around 60-30

• Like 1

One for the anoraks:    

It's fair to say Berwick haven't done well in the Premier Trophy/League Cup/Championship Shield over the years since it was introduced in 1999.

When, if ever, did the Bandits last qualify out of the group stage of this competition?

2002 we were defeated by the Sean Wilson/Simon Stead led Sheffield. 

Less said about the PL meeting later that season. 

Edited by Robinh88

Slightly disappointing performance last night. 7 up with 3 to go should’ve been enough to see it out. 

Garcia was awkwardly annoying but effective making gates and becoming a human road block to whoever was behind. 

Still require more from Sedgmen, Lawson looked a bit better last night seemed a bit quicker and sharper.

15 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If Gappmaier is the problem, away from home anyway, I`m not quite sure that Theo Pijper is the solution.

• Like 1