British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poole v Ipswich Supporters cup Thursday May 9th

9 hours ago, NOBODY said:

Actually you f king pr1ck I got the name wrong so f u

Proudtobeawnkr I was doing the wrong programme and got the rider wrong how about that u gutless cnt

Attack the post, not the poster. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

The daft thing is they use the rolling averages for team building I think? These can be way different to how that rider is doing this season, so there is actually flexibility.

It’s all very confusing. Yes rolling averages are the ones that count, which are listed on the BSPA website. So I’d assume it’s 0.16 on the rolling averages? Either way very little scope to improve.

• Like 1

Actually you f king pr1ck I got the name wrong so f u

nice words

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Other than yourself everyone else is saying the track was shocking. 

Yes a lot of Poole fans have been very vocal on Twitter about the state of the track and refusing to go till it gets sorted.

35 minutes ago, poole keith said:

exactly ray, the ipswich managements priority is to learn how to use their excellent reserves and try and understand the voting in ht14s

Definately the first.... no need for the 2nd now they out of the competition

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes a lot of Poole fans have been very vocal on Twitter about the state of the track and refusing to go till it gets sorted.

Was the type of track that Bomber loves then....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

shame then they missed a good meeting last night what more do want than a last heat decider how do they know if its been sorted unless they go :t:

Edited by ray c

50 minutes ago, ray c said:

why were they there they never did a very good job of managing your team  otherwise you should have won 

Yes they are awful at decision making

But we would have won if our riders didnt fall off and Bombers engine held out

Poole riders obviously have difficulties at home on that awful track.

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes they are awful at decision making

But we would have won if our riders didnt fall off and Bombers engine held out

Poole riders obviously have difficulties at home on that awful track.

just maybe our riders are not good enough :t:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Try reading what the Ipswich management thought of the track

Why would anyone take notice of  what the Ipswich management say when you diss everything the Poole management say at every opportunity.

Poole came close to losing last night because yet again in the main they couldn't gate.  The 20 point home win over BV proves they can be comfortable at home.

However in the return Cup fixture at Foxhole next Thursday I fully expect the Witches to come out the winners. Happy to be proved wrong but we'll see.

NB, perhaps some of the supposed confusion in some of the updates (although Poole twitter updates were spot on as he sits directly over the start/finish line!) were due to the difficulty in recognising which Ippo riders were which due to the confusing team kevlars - also not helped by the faded yellow helmet colours looking very similar to white!!!:D:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s all very confusing. Yes rolling averages are the ones that count, which are listed on the BSPA website. So I’d assume it’s 0.16 on the rolling averages? Either way very little scope to improve.

He has very bravely sent me a direct message threatening me he seems like a real tough guy .

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

These are not real figures but say Worrall has a rolling average of 6 but is actually averaging 5 this season.  Then Nicholls has a rolling average of 6 but is actually averaging 8 this season.  They could replace Worrall with Nicholls giving a positive impact of 3 points based on current form, so plenty of scope but not sure who would be available.  They could replace two riders with rolling averages of 11 points combined but who are actually averaging 8 this season, with two who also have a rolling average of 11 and hope they ride to that, again a positive impact of 3 points.  So, if I'm right, there is scope.

Edited by SPEEDY69

36 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

He has very bravely sent me a direct message threatening me he seems like a real tough guy .

He's far from a tough guy if it's who I think it is?! Yet another name for our resident troll 

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would anyone take notice of  what the Ipswich management say when you diss everything the Poole management say at every opportunity.

Poole came close to losing last night because yet again in the main they couldn't gate.  The 20 point home win over BV proves they can be comfortable at home.

However in the return Cup fixture at Foxhole next Thursday I fully expect the Witches to come out the winners. Happy to be proved wrong but we'll see.

NB, perhaps some of the supposed confusion in some of the updates (although Poole twitter updates were spot on as he sits directly over the start/finish line!) were due to the difficulty in recognising which Ippo riders were which due to the confusing team kevlars - also not helped by the faded yellow helmet colours looking very similar to white!!!:D:rolleyes:

Think it's fair Danny King is particularly recognisable this season........

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Sadly there are a few like that on this forum. Despicable.

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

These are not real figures but say Worrall has a rolling average of 6 but is actually averaging 5 this season.  Then Nicholls has a rolling average of 6 but is actually averaging 8 this season.  They could replace Worrall with Nicholls giving a positive impact of 3 points based on current form, so plenty of scope but not sure who would be available.  They could replace two riders with rolling averages of 11 points combined but who are actually averaging 8 this season, with two who also have a rolling average of 11 and hope they ride to that, again a positive impact of 3 points.  So, if I'm right, there is scope.

This is why I don’t like rolling averages as they give a completely outdated figure for what they are achieving currently. Some can be distorted beyond belief. The Nicholls one being a prime example. It’s hard for the average fan to even work out themselves!

The only scope is signing a rider (like Nicholls) who is on a low rolling average but averaging higher on 2019 averages alone. And there aren’t many that fall into that category. Less scope than you think!