British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Swindon v Poole - Premiership - Mon 27th May - 19:30

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Musi raced as a reserve in the sec challenge did he not,,, so he obviously thought he was fit enough,,, but clearly forgot about the state of some British tracks

And he raced Sunday for Łódź 

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

And he raced Sunday for Łódź 

Ah yes but much easier to blame his previous injury than the craters in the Poole track. Good that at last they are going to try and sort it but one wonders why it has taken so long. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am not at liberty to say any more. Just to say they are going to do something about it. Hopefully after the Peterborough meeting. Just depends on sourcing the right equipment to do the job.

shame the management cant make a statement to that effect still I suppose that would be asking to much 

The results yesterday for me  was not important but yesterday was another kick in the teeth  for speedway in the U.K.I didn't go to Poole but the track there has been a disgrace for along time  also Swindon last night i have to say it looked  dangerous to ride.Both club's need to address there problems otherwise even some of the diehards will drift away and never comeback on a regular basis.At Swindon the racing did improve later on and there was a couple of half decent races maybe if they could have a behind closed doors practice that would help bed the track down again.Jensen what a amazing performance he gave everything attacked the track and got his just rewards also i believe he will score useful points on some of the away tracks as well.Jensen is a rider who has been mentioned on the forum in some people's team planning i remember Gavan mentioning him as a potential Ipswich signing not going overboard but he looks a real bonus of a signing.Poole even without Kurtz look really solid Holder looked classy and all in all happy that Swindon collected a point over the two meeting's looking at it realistically  Poole missed a huge trick yesterday.

Poole missed a huge trick? Where? 

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole missed a huge trick? Where? 

By not beating a 3 man Swindon team (Jensen, Ellis & Batch as Doyley only scored 5 from 3). Doyley not racing in heat 13 & 15 was an opportunity Poole should have taken more of an advantage of.

As I said last night, I congratulate Poole on their performance & deserved to come away with some points.

16 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

By not beating a 3 man Swindon team (Jensen, Ellis & Batch as Doyley only scored 5 from 3). Doyley not racing in heat 13 & 15 was an opportunity Poole should have taken more of an advantage of.

As I said last night, I congratulate Poole on their performance & deserved to come away with some points.

Poole should have won the meeting against a very weakened Swindon team with poor reserves.

Middlo didnt utilise Pooles reserves enough

On the face of it Poole really ought to have taken all four points. 

• Like 1

I think Swindon missed  a trick .Zach should have been put in heat 13 and Perks in 14 .Perks had a great chance  of picking up a point in 14 while Zach had none .Would have put Ellis in 15 as well .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I stood with my uncle last night who is a Poole fan and went to both meetings. He said the track was a disgrace in the morning and was disappointed not to have won last night as he knew it was a great opportunity with no Doyley for 2 races and the reserves pummeling us again. Don't think he would have described last night's performance as heroic!!!

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole should have won the meeting against a very weakened Swindon team with poor reserves.

Middlo didnt utilise Pooles reserves enough

That is rubbish.

• Like 1

Not sure why Poole went for 2-4 in heat 15 stats prior to heat 15. 

Gate 1 Wins 4 pts 22

Gate 2 Wins 3 pts 18

Gate 3 Wins 7 pts 30

Gate 4 Wins 0 pts 14

1 hour ago, Anzum said:

Gate 1 Wins 4 pts 22

Gate 2 Wins 3 pts 18

Gate 3 Wins 7 pts 30

Gate 4 Wins 0 pts 14

But it did work and the dirt had moved to the outside by then.

Edited by foreverblue

37 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Gate 1 Wins 4 pts 22

Gate 2 Wins 3 pts 18

Gate 3 Wins 7 pts 30

Gate 4 Wins 0 pts 14

Probably the better choice to avoid the first bend hole?!

Poole were never once in the lead so to get the away draw was a fine performance.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3