Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

With 4 Scorpions in the line up, hopefully some of them, if not all, have a good night and go through.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Track conditions are superb here at the Media Prima Arena. Check out our Facebook page for a meeting preview and pics of today’s surface. Weather fine, in fact we’ve been watering the track since this morning. Hope to see plenty of you here later for the only fixture taking place in the UK today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Paulco said:

why is James Sarjeant not considered as a replacement for one of the call -offs ? 

Not got enough spare starting tapes???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Robert Lambert (King's Lynn), Rory Schlein (Wolverhampton/Somerset), Chris Harris (Ipswich/Somerset), Dan Bewley (Belle Vue), Craig Cook (Glasgow), Richard Lawson (Ipswich/Eastbourne), Edward Kennett (Eastbourne), Scott Nicholls (Wolverhampton/Leicester), Adam Ellis (Swindon/Birmingham), Danny King (Ipswich/Sheffield).
 

Scott Nicholls Wolverhampton/Leicester .  Has Buster moved him on already!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty amateur to only have one ambulance at such an important meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Scott Nicholls Wolverhampton/Leicester .  Has Buster moved him on already!!! 

I took that from the BSPA site, item dated 13th May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joke having this meeting at a track with a curfew ,,and worse only one ambulance apparently ,,another speedway shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waco said:

Joke having this meeting at a track with a curfew ,,and worse only one ambulance apparently ,,another speedway shambles

A meeting which ended within the curfew? A very unfortunate turn of events has soured the meeting slightly, horrendous first bend incident with all four lads going down. Garrity looked in a lot of pain holding his wrist. Not entirely sure how Nielsen got up to ride again. Best wishes to Garrity and Howarth. Although how on earth the referee excluded him I will never know, shocking decision. 

Second incident with a member of the crowd looked very serious indeed and something that just cannot be helped. Best wishes to that person. 

Meeting itself was decent although with such a wide gulf between riders not too much in the way of racing. Paul Starke was excellent, and Danny Ayres again superb. Charles was superb, and on that form got to be a good bet for podium? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

3 hours ago, waco said:

Joke having this meeting at a track with a curfew ,,and worse only one ambulance apparently ,,another speedway shambles

What a brilliant comment from someone who has no idea how a speedway meeting is run. 90% of tracks have a curfew and tonight Redcar deliberately ran over it to complete the meeting so no problem whatsoever. The club paid the BSPA to run this meeting and extra medical staff and vehicles are very expensive to hire so why double your bills, just in case?

Despite the medical emergencys , which no one could have foretold, it was a decent meeting and it was completed , none of the healthy crowd that were  present, ( and you weren't there ) complained and all stayed back to watch the presentations so no 'shambles' occurred.

 

 

 

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some of the comments are typical anti North bias - something we encounter every single day in every area of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conflicting reports here of the meeting completed within the curfew,,,and the meeting deliberately ran over the curfew,,,cant both be right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, waco said:
6 minutes ago, waco said:

Conflicting reports here of the meeting completed within the curfew,,,and the meeting deliberately ran over the curfew,,,cant both be right

 

Was announced over the tannoy that the curfew was 10:30

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was definitely announced on tannoy. First time I've known curves after 10 so how about praise for promotion who seem to have been pro-active. Definitely a good feel around Redcar this season,well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Changed from original statements that it was 10 pm then ,,that is a reasonable curfew, 10-30pm,,,,my original post was based on the 10 pm statement,,,I still feel 2 ambulances are needed at speedway meetings as they were when i worked and prepared the track at Rye House in the early 80s,,,under the circumstances they did well to complete the meeting

Edited by waco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy