British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Chapman Trinity

I do t think it’s rocket science particularly. Better racing on hole-free tracks, more entertainment between raves to create an atmosphere, regular fixtures, less R/R and particularly guests, cheaper admission and better facilities for paying spectators where possible. Standards at the moment are very low and the bar needs raising. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I do t think it’s rocket science particularly. Better racing on hole-free tracks, more entertainment between raves to create an atmosphere, regular fixtures, less R/R and particularly guests, cheaper admission and better facilities for paying spectators where possible. Standards at the moment are very low and the bar needs raising. 

Now we're talking,that should pack the place:lol:takes me back about 30yrs but i will be there:D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Now we're talking,that should pack the place:lol:takes me back about 30yrs but i will be there:D

Brings back memories Tell:t:. From about 18- 30 I used to arrive at the stadium around 6.30 on  Sat night. Have a few pints in the back straight bar, and a scan through the programme .

I used to stand on the 2nd bend, just before the bar. A few more pints during the meeting, then afterwards over to the home straight bar, where a good few riders used to come in. A few more pints in there. Back then they had Champs nightclub at the stadium, with free entry from the speedway bar, so many times I ended up nearly doing a 12 hour night (6.30-2am).

Cost me a bloody fortune mind :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Trees said:

If the racing was great then I think we would be reeling from the excitement of it, talking about what we just saw etc, nothing else required!  IF the promoters and riders could attract more fans/more money then it would open up more opportunity to provide more razzmatazz if that's what you are after, etc etc  Hopefully more young people with oodles of enthusiasm would be attracted too because that makes a difference ....

Too right, i came away from Peterborough v Poole a few weeks ago thinking, this is why i went to speedway in the fist place. Unfortunately these occasions are few and far between.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Brings back memories Tell:t:. From about 18- 30 I used to arrive at the stadium around 6.30 on  Sat night. Have a few pints in the back straight bar, and a scan through the programme .

I used to stand on the 2nd bend, just before the bar. A few more pints during the meeting, then afterwards over to the home straight bar, where a good few riders used to come in. A few more pints in there. Back then they had Champs nightclub at the stadium, with free entry from the speedway bar, so many times I ended up nearly doing a 12 hour night (6.30-2am).

Cost me a bloody fortune mind :)

Was you in there when Nigel Leaver(sure it was him)done a collection because he had blown an engine,riders weren't so well off then.In exchange for people putting money in,his wife/partner done a bit of a strip.I soon got my money in the glass:lol:.

Seriously though had some great nights in Champs bar,then food in Lynn then back home to Wisbech.Remember ending up round Henka's once for an after party,party.That was when Simon was about 2/3yrs old.I could waffle on for ages about all that stuff,but i did make a lot of good friends from those days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Was you in there when Nigel Leaver(sure it was him)done a collection because he had blown an engine,riders weren't so well off then.In exchange for people putting money in,his wife/partner done a bit of a strip.I soon got my money in the glass:lol:.

Seriously though had some great nights in Champs bar,then food in Lynn then back home to Wisbech.Remember ending up round Henka's once for an after party,party.That was when Simon was about 2/3yrs old.I could waffle on for ages about all that stuff,but i did make a lot of good friends from those days.

Damn, missed that one :P.