British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I know people talk about a racing incident but was last night’s crash caused by Covatti being impatient to get passed Berge?

not at all coming to the end of race anyway .don't see many races like that these days

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Confirmed Richie has broken his ankle in 4 places. 

And reported broken ribs for Covatti, so both out for quite a while, maybe the season I would think and I wish them both a speedy recovery , Had broken ribs a couple of times myself and it is very painful. They were both scoring pretty well too and will be a big loss to the team.

• Like 3

Good to see the track is better, and best wishes to the injured riders I always find the result means nothing in the grand scheme of things as long as the lads are ok that is the main thing safety paramount and all that.

• Like 1

berge_covatti_258_w1250_ratio_crop.jpg

Think you can see in Nico’s eyes he know he is in the crap.

In my opinion Nico went for the inside line on turn 1 with just a little too much speed. He straightened up and caught Berge as the photo above shows.. Richie had nowhere to go except into and over Nico.

It was agood race so you can't blame the riders for going for it - even if a 3-3 (rather than 2-4) would have been perfectly acceptable!!

Edited by Skidder1

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

In my opinion Nico went for the inside line on turn 1 with just a little too much speed. He straightened up and caught Berge as the photo above shows.. Richie had nowhere to go except into and over Nico.

It was agood race so you can't blame the riders for going for it - even if a 3-3 (rather than 2-4) would have been perfectly acceptable!!

If Nico has got through on the inside I felt confident Richie would have got around Berge on the final bend. They spent three laps tripping over themselves trying moves but blocking each other.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Unbelievable. There is a curfew for a reason. Quarter past 10 was stated before the meeting started again. So stop chatting ****.

how do you know that ??? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

how do you know that ??? 

Because it was announced at the stadium last night..

If The Aces has been winning the curfew would have gone out of the window. :nono:

Problem with HT8 was Dimitri gated. He couldn’t buy a point away from home up to that point but hitting the front is all that’s required at Poole sadly. I could probably get a result if I started well enough. 

The sheer frustration for Nico and Richie due to not being able to pass on the Poole track led to the unfortunate incident. 

Two points for Poole though and that’s  all that matters down there. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

If The Aces has been winning the curfew would have gone out of the window. :nono:

Problem with HT8 was Dimitri gated. He couldn’t buy a point away from home up to that point but hitting the front is all that’s required at Poole sadly. I could probably get a result if I started well enough. 

The sheer frustration for Nico and Richie due to not being able to pass on the Poole track led to the unfortunate incident. 

Two points for Poole though and that’s  all that matters down there. 

The curfew would not have changed. Surely it is down to the ref to enforce it.

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Because it was announced at the stadium last night..

Some curfews are often used to suit the promoters. I had two dubious ones last season. A 10pm at Eastbourne, one meeting this year has already hit the 10.40 mark. A 10.15 at Rye House, when the previous meeting went on an hour later. At least at Kent everyone knows it's 8.30.

• Like 1

It was the Referee’s decision to impose a 10.15pm deadline. It was discussed and agreed with both teams and the promotion before the paramedic had even begun his return journey.

had the paramedic not returned within any reasonable time to allow for any more racing before that deadline it was agreed we would call a halt. 

The principle consideration by all concerned was for the fans .... (not withstanding the injured riders’ welfare)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Some curfews are often used to suit the promoters. I had two dubious ones last season. A 10pm at Eastbourne, one meeting this year has already hit the 10.40 mark. A 10.15 at Rye House, when the previous meeting went on an hour later. At least at Kent everyone knows it's 8.30.

But Eastbourne is in the middle of nowhere, no neighbours to complain!! ;)

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But Eastbourne is in the middle of nowhere, no neighbours to complain!! ;)

I've been going to Eastbourne since the 1970's and had never heard of a curfew at Arlington.