British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

Just now, Fromafar said:

What was wrong with the track? Were the HOME riders complaining.

Too much dirt on it from what I could see, although I openly admit I’m no track expert. The only faller prior to the work being done was Kyle in heat 2. 

I reckon the home team weren’t happy but when it was completed it was announced that both team captains were happy with the remedial work that had been completed. 

12 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

Back to the league next week with a guest required for Kyle! 

Taken it well I see.

I’d respectfully suggest your point about the Bears moving to put the rider next to them off is wrong and the sour taste in your mouth is actually sour grapes. Nothing at all under hand about Andersen not riding tonight (he had a decent meeting in Denmark tonight though if you are interested)

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

Back to the league next week with a guest required for Kyle! 

Regarding Bacon Glasgow would have done the same thing in that situation.No rules broken.

• Like 1

Well am out on the lash in Maryport and just seen this and the result an av laughed that much a laal bit of wee come out.... oh an av got the beers in twice in a row... Doh...

Well done the Bears into the Tigers den and pushed them all the way... hope you go all the way....

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Taken it well I see.

I’d respectfully suggest your point about the Bears moving to put the rider next to them off is wrong and the sour taste in your mouth is actually sour grapes.

Nope - 4 times it happened. :nono:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What was wrong with the track? Were the HOME riders complaining.

I don't think any riders have complained about the track until tonight. There's always the odd comment especially from riders that haven't done so well but tonight required lots of work and it was announced the ref thought it best to get it done early hence thedelay

12 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

sorry to edit your post .

but can you explain how it put riders off @ the gate ?

1 minute ago, jenga said:

sorry to edit your post .

but can you explain how it put riders off @ the gate ?

One of the start girls is quite busty, was putting me off don't know how the riders coped 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

One of the start girls is quite busty, was putting me off don't know how the riders coped 

obviously they didn’t, 4 times:P

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Nope - 4 times it happened. :nono:

If riders deliberately move the referee warns them, then if they do it again they get excluded - like Stewart was tonight.

There’s 2 of your “deliberate” tactics straight away ( neither of which benefitted the Bears).

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

Just now, Fromafar said:

obviously they didn’t, 4 times:P

True need to relocate her as machine examiner for the away team.

In a bikini 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gazc said:

In a bikini 

Or sitting on your knee watching from the stand 

Regards 

THJ 

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

In a bikini 

is it not a bit chilly for that sort of thing ?