British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

5 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

But that only happened because the bikes came on when they shouldn't have - this is head splittingly frustrating.

As soon as the bikes started up, the red lights (apparently) came on and so red flags were shown. There has to be a sequence and catalogue of events. That’s all I’m saying.

Yes we know riders pushed off whilst parade was still on, what we don’t know is why.

No marshal should be in the middle of track whilst bikes on track. Even if on pits gate. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

As soon as the bikes started up, the red lights (apparently) came on and so red flags were shown. There has to be a sequence and catalogue of events. That’s all I’m saying.

Yes we know riders pushed off whilst parade was still on, what we don’t know is why.

No marshal should be in the middle of track whilst bikes on track. Even if on pits gate. 

The flags were out during the intros before they went.  I said on the other thread about this as the person i was with said to me blimey thats a big flag (ludicrous i know but it was her first time at speedway).  I agreed and then the rest of the situation developed from there. 

Interesting ruling led by Mr J Cook’s old friend Mr N Vatcher. 

Surprised that the only Eastbourne rider punished is Mr E Kennett, when I distinctly saw 2 Eastbourne riders piling into the scrum. Mr C Vissing appears to have received a ban for deliberately  breaking the tapes.

Surprised that the Eastbourne employee allegedly Mr P Dugard not censured for his aggression towards Mr C Cook. 

Given the haphazard frequency of the fixtures in British speedway shouldn’t bans be for a number of meeting rather than a number of days? 

I do hope that the many Eastbourne “co promoters” and their  announcer take heed of the results of their overtly provocative personal remarks made during the “ pre meeting parade” . 

No mention of suggested improvements to  the Eastbourne track conditions which started this whole sorry affair. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Surprised that the only Eastbourne rider punished is Mr E Kennett, when I distinctly saw 2 Eastbourne riders piling into the scrum. Mr C Vissing appears to have received a ban for deliberately  breaking the tapes.

Surprised that the Eastbourne employee allegedly Mr P Dugard not censured for his aggression towards Mr C Cook. 

Given the haphazard frequency of the fixtures in British speedway shouldn’t bans be for a number of meeting rather than a number of days? 

I do hope that the many Eastbourne “co promoters” and their  announcer take heed of the results of their overtly provocative personal remarks made during the “ pre meeting parade” . 

No mention of suggested improvements to  the Eastbourne track conditions which started this whole sorry affair. 

The only thing that started this whole sorry affair was Craig Cook and his attitude and the only thing wrong with the track was the holes Cook and his team mates dug in it after the referee had already inspected it and passed it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

The only thing that started this whole sorry affair was Craig Cook and his attitude and the only thing wrong with the track was the holes Cook and his team mates dug in it after the referee had already inspected it and passed it.

That’s in a nutshell,(for me anyway).:t:

• Like 1

a glasgow size 9 was the culprit!  the crime was committed by a steel shoe . the was deed was done in the decking area by the sand pit .

the culprits have now been convicted and sentenced  and are currently doing time for their crime . one youngster cannot be named for legal reasons . the community will sleep well tonight ... ! LOL.

Edited by jenga

8 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Are you serious ?  Vissing was in the thick of all that and is clearly visible wrestling with someone.  He hasn't been done for breaking the tapes good grief. 

What were these overtly provocative remarks aswell ?  The ones i heard with pretty tame and certainly immature but not that bad imo.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sorry mate, think this line is probably at least part copyright of "Chris116" two pages earlier B) 

Edited by BigBoaby

Looks like Ipswich are going to appeal Kennetts ban

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Looks like Ipswich are going to appeal Kennetts ban

Gotta be tactical surely to put it off to a later time. No way he can get off his part.

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I fully agree with you old bob at herne bay. As the ruling/verdict stands riders involved could miss a different quota of 'ban' meetings meaning one could be penalised more than another.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

The flags were out during the intros before they went.  I said on the other thread about this as the person i was with said to me blimey thats a big flag (ludicrous i know but it was her first time at speedway).  I agreed and then the rest of the situation developed from there. 

And I’d imagine of all the flags out only one was in the centre of the track. ;)

5 minutes ago, gustix said:

I fully agree with you old bob at herne bay. As the rulin/verdict stands riders involved could miss a different quota of 'ban' meetings meaning one could be penalised more than another.

Glasgow will be rained/sunned (delete as appropriate) off for a month